WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:24:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-SEN 2024: Manchin out, Justice for All  (Read 24925 times)
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 29, 2022, 11:25:32 AM »

Unless he switches parties, he's not winning.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 11:38:47 AM »

Unless he switches parties, he's not winning.

He’s literally made WV believe he’s a Republican even as he voted to confirm a liberal Supreme Court Justice. If those numbers are even close to accurate, he doesn’t "need" to switch parties to win reelection.

He's not actively running for reelection right now. Once the campaign has truly begun, the GOP will attack him as a communist pedophile, and his numbers with Republicans will go way down. Right now, he's useful to them for blocking Biden's "agenda", but they'd still rather have someone who wouldn't have confirmed KBJ.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 09:22:11 PM »

Likely R.

Should Democrats even help Manchin after all the crap he let them go through the past few years?

I hate to say it, but cut him loose. Not because he's betrayed us so many times, but because he has no chance and would only take money away from more winnable races.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 07:06:56 PM »

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Senate races this cycle are starting much earlier than usual?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 01:24:54 PM »

Justice is probably the best Republican that Democrats could hope for here in a state where it’s an auto-flip no matter who the nominees are.

This is mostly just liberal cope. Justice (if he runs) is going to be a reliable vote for the national GOP's agenda, replacing a Senator who always blocked the national GOP's agenda/enabled Democratic priorities when his vote was needed and pushing the GOP one seat closer to a majority.

Whether Justice is less "outspoken" than other Republican candidates would be is completely irrelevant. It’s his vote that counts.

No, Justice has remained relatively pro gay rights, for instance. If a future Republican trifecta tries to take those away (likely) better him than Mooney or one of the other crackheads.

He'll fall in line.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2023, 05:49:08 PM »

It doesn't matter who the Republican nominee is, guys. Let's stop pretending that Justice is some moderate. The fact is, any of them will defeat Manchin easily, and any of them will be a reliable vote for McConnell. Contrary to what Sean Spicer may have said once, you can't disagree with the facts.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 09:38:45 AM »

This, but why does Justice even want to be a Senator? I don't get it.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 08:29:42 PM »

I want Babydog in Jim's official senate portrait like how Tommy Tuberville has the football. Hope that isn't too much to ask for.

Haha, yeah. Love him or hate him, Tuberville's Senate portrait is pretty cool.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2023, 03:15:27 PM »

Now that Justice is formally in, I'd really be shocked to see Manchin even trying. According to Wikipedia, he plans announce his decision in December, so there's plenty of time. However, I can't imagine one being so delusional to believe this is remotely winnable.

I dunno, he seems delusional enough to think he could win. I wouldn't be surprised if he stands for reelection one more time, though he'll of course lose massively to Justice.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023, 09:12:38 AM »

I think he's much more likely to run for President if he switches to Independent. In that case, we're doomed.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 03:31:12 PM »

Good riddance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies