Canadian by-elections 2021-2022 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:29:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canadian by-elections 2021-2022 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canadian by-elections 2021-2022  (Read 17106 times)
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« on: March 15, 2022, 10:47:49 PM »

With only a handful of polls outstanding (plus the advance polls), things have barely shifted at all. Easy win for Brian Jean. The NDP candidate underperformed by a decent amount though - I had been expecting the NDP to get at least 25% but right now they're not even at 17%.

Probably a combination of two things:

1) Concentration of the swing to the NDP from the UCP in the urban metro seats. When election comes this probably means a easy seat majority with comparatively large vote majorities, but now it means far more limited vote gains in the outlying and extraction areas.

2) Jean running as a open opponent of Kenney so the Conservative's angry with the current direction of the UCP saw no problem with continuing to park their vote with the party.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 08:32:32 AM »

So the extent to which it is a harbinger of good fortune for the Liberals is pretty limited?

More a Harbinger of problems for the Manitoba PC's, which shouldn't be surprising given Stephanson is just as or even more unpopular than Kenney according to polls.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 09:27:50 PM »

I'm ready for the 100-seat CAQ majority that will be won with about 40% of the vote.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 09:13:42 PM »

Is this the right place to say that Kenney has resigned after barely winning an internal UCP vote?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 05:53:54 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2022, 06:04:30 PM by Oryxslayer »

If the Tories really want to try their hands at spin, they should start with this type of data. That approval I think is worse than his national number, which itself isn't that good except when compared against Trudeau. Then they say that PP's Conservative Party doesn't see these types of seats as a path to forming (minority, cause I really struggle to see them get anywhere without Legault coercing the Bloc) government. Instead their focus is on small-towns or traditional marginals in the West far from the Laurentian bubble.

Now is this a correct strategy or spin? That's more up for debate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies