#WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:59:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  #WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: #WhyIsMyPaycheckLessThisWeek  (Read 3256 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: January 05, 2013, 04:47:55 AM »

I'm very disappointed that there wasn't more of a fight over the payroll tax. Even if you accept that it wasn't good for Social Security, it's probably even worse for the middle class and the economy right now. At the least, it should have gradually been phased out; certainly not all at once. I'd say the tax cut should stay intact until specific economic conditions have been met. The President absolutely needs to fight to reinstate the payroll tax cut for the middle class.

Blaming President Obama for this is completely ridiculous. If it wasn't for an intransigent Congressional GOP, I'm sure the tax cut would have been renewed. With that said, I am disappointed that it wasn't part of the deal. So much for that anti-tax GOP, right?

Why don't the Democrats propose raising the cap on payroll taxes? Oh that's right, because they are pussies.

I can't express how much I agree with this. As I understand it, eliminating the cap would extend solvency beyond 75 years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies