Trump approval ratings thread 1.6 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:34:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump approval ratings thread 1.6 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump approval ratings thread 1.6  (Read 169489 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« on: December 18, 2019, 05:57:04 PM »

Iowa: PPP, Dec. 13-15, 944 voters

Approve 47
Disapprove 51

Generic D 49, Trump 47

Will the Dem nominee repel enough people to turn that 47 into 50+?

You don't need 50+ to win with FPTP. There will be at least 1% or so third party vote (or who knows, possibly more).
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 02:24:48 PM »

I'm not aware of any recent poll with Trump as high as 53.  He hit 51 for a few days, and 52 for one, in Rasmussen during the pre-Christmas bump.

Why not make up polls?

A poll recently found that GeorgiaModerate would beat Trump 73%-24%. It is a shame that you decided not to run.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 02:21:06 PM »

It is impressive how you never grow tired of posting polls that always show exactly the same thing.

Oh wait, didn't someone say there was suddenly huge movement and Trump's approval rating was surging?
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 01:55:01 PM »

I'm glad they've started weighting by education, but these numbers seem a little too R-friendly to me.

Possibly slightly, but if they were not weighting by education before, their results were almost certainly previously too D-friendly.

They have Trump approval at 51-48, which is not far out of line with his winning by 5 points in 2016. It might be a slight overestimate, but it might not be.

The Dem favorabilities do look low, i.e.:

Joe Biden 35/57
Bernie Sanders 36/58
Elizabeth Warren 31/55
Pete Buttigieg 22/49

However, it is GA very early in the cycle and in the midst of the Presidential primary. For example, if you polled RFKfan I would speculate that he would probably say he has negative favorability for Bernie Sanders (because he is thinking in primary terms, not GE terms). But if Sanders won the GE, he would almost certainly vote for Sanders, and would likely say he had a favorable opinion of Sanders at that point (with brain switched to GE mode). (I don't mean to ascribe this necessarily to RFKfan, just using it as a hypothetical example).
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 04:26:32 PM »

It is good to see that Trump's approvals seem to be (possibly) trending slightly down after the election.

If that holds up, that may help to give Dems a chance in the GA-SEN runoff elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies