The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:26:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)  (Read 9801 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2013, 05:37:10 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mr Governor,
This bill passes the Alping,
Best regards,
Windjammer
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »

FF bill for me!
LumineVonReuental.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2013, 06:39:01 PM »

On the Constitutional Package:

My fellow citizens, I want to start this message by thanking Most Serene Representative GAworth for his response to the State of the Midwest, I feel it's great to see that bill functioning smoothly, and I think all branches of our Regional government have achieved cooperation without having any problems to work for our Region.

I decided to go ahead with my plans and I send several Amendments before the Althing, changing our Capitol, modifying the Depositaren, changing the name of our states back to normal, and so forth. I left one change out of the list, because I'm not sure about what new Anthem and Flag to use, so if anybody has a suggestion for Anthem and Flag, I'll be more than happy to consider it.

I hope we can discuss this in the Althing in all seriousness (as always), and that the people of the Midwest will react in a positive way to these changes, which I believe are very important for the future of the Midwest.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2013, 09:06:30 PM »

On the Althing Election:

My fellow citizens, the next Althing Election is approaching, and I'm somewhat concerned. Thomas D is running for reelection, and I hope ilikeverin and GAworth do the same, but I think this region needs truly competitive elections. I reached out to several citizens who would be interesting candidate, but with the exception of former Senate candidate Rooney I haven't received any answers.

I can't force people to run for office, but I would like to see new people (and old people as well) running for office so our region can retain it's democratic spirit. We have made a lot of progress, but I still feel it's not enough. We have to prove to the rest of the country that this region is a model, an example, and the only way to do so is to participate. I'm not asking for a ten people field like in the Mideast, but having a competitive election like the TNF/Rooney Senate race would be extremely welcome.

I want to ask our citizens to take a minute and think about it. This game is not only about voting, it's about participation, and this is a good time to participate. This region might be gone soon, and if we are to leave the stage, I want to have one hell of a last act!

Please let me know if any of you have any questions or doubts, I'll be more than happy to answer.

Lumine.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2013, 09:12:23 PM »

Rooney can not, however, Cris is still mulling it over. Hell, I might go for it if it weren't for the shackles of the Senate/life Wink
GAworth
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »

I hope that more people run, I will be making it official very soon what I plan on doing. I do hope it is more than just myself, Thomas D, and Ilikeverin, if we all decide to run again, I always think competition is good.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2013, 02:14:19 PM »

Mr Governor,
this amendment passes the Althing.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2013, 02:22:18 PM »

On the Althing Election:

My fellow citizens, the next Althing Election is approaching, and I'm somewhat concerned. Thomas D is running for reelection, and I hope ilikeverin and GAworth do the same, but I think this region needs truly competitive elections. I reached out to several citizens who would be interesting candidate, but with the exception of former Senate candidate Rooney I haven't received any answers.

I can't force people to run for office, but I would like to see new people (and old people as well) running for office so our region can retain it's democratic spirit. We have made a lot of progress, but I still feel it's not enough. We have to prove to the rest of the country that this region is a model, an example, and the only way to do so is to participate. I'm not asking for a ten people field like in the Mideast, but having a competitive election like the TNF/Rooney Senate race would be extremely welcome.

I want to ask our citizens to take a minute and think about it. This game is not only about voting, it's about participation, and this is a good time to participate. This region might be gone soon, and if we are to leave the stage, I want to have one hell of a last act!

Please let me know if any of you have any questions or doubts, I'll be more than happy to answer.

Lumine.

I would prefer some new blood enter the Alþing rather than being re-elected.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2013, 02:23:47 PM »

On the Althing Election:

Lumine.

A newbie is announcing tomorrow verin!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2013, 02:28:10 PM »

On the Althing Election:

Lumine.

Cris? Tongue
GAworth
United States

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2013, 04:00:33 PM »

On the Althing Election:

Lumine.

Cris? Tongue
Yes, and with my announcement we have three candidates running!!! I do hope others will run as well.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »

Mr Governor,

While I appreciate the fact that the Althing amended this Act to make it a lot more reasonable, I still oppose it since it fails to acknowledge the actual names, and (minor detail) it leaves room for the Governor to fine without boundaries because of a loophole.

Thus, I veto this bill.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2013, 04:19:35 PM »

On the Althing Election:

Lumine.

Cris? Tongue
Yes, and with my announcement we have three candidates running!!! I do hope others will run as well.

It will be sad to see you go if that's the case, ilikeverin, you were always a good and efficient Representative, and the only member of the NM-AM whom I deeply respect and trust. But still, it is indeed time for new blood, and I trust Cris to be a great representative as well.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2013, 12:54:32 PM »

Mr Governor,

While I appreciate the fact that the Althing amended this Act to make it a lot more reasonable, I still oppose it since it fails to acknowledge the actual names, and (minor detail) it leaves room for the Governor to fine without boundaries because of a loophole.

Thus, I veto this bill.

Amendment isn't a bill Lumine. You have to open a thread: referendum!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2013, 12:58:39 PM »

Why is this titled an Act then?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »

Ooops, sorry.
I'm wrong and Lumine is right!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »

[/quote]
Mr governor,
This amendment passes the Althing.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2013, 07:42:28 PM »

Mr governor,
This amendment passes the Althing.
[/quote]

Excellent! I'll wait for the rest of the amendments to send a package and avoid too many elections (we could it make them simultaneous with the Althing election).
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2013, 02:34:08 PM »

As you wish.

Mr governor, this amendment passes the Althing:
GAworth
United States

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2013, 07:50:57 PM »

Don't forget the federal amendment.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2013, 07:24:11 AM »

This amendment passes the Althing!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »

This amendment passes the Althing!

Very well, it's time to open up a new booth!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2013, 10:07:25 PM »

On the Constitutional Amendments:

Long story short, and twenty two days after promising to change some things in the November State of the Midwest speech, three of my constitutional reforms passed the Althing after lengthy and thoughtful discussion (for which I'm grateful to GAworth, ilikeverin, Thomas D and Windjammer). I wanted to clarify the meaning behind each Amendment should any Midwest citizens be confused about it:

Changing the Depositaren Amendment: This one creates an interesting new style for our Depositaren (yurt-shaped, ilikeverin's brilliant idea) and specifies that the Depositaren is a massive government complex that is set to be solar-powered to give an example to the region.

The New Governor Amendment: Eliminates most of the unnecessary burden that affects the Governor, given that previous regulations didn't make sense to me (a robe? a perpetual beard?).

Election Efficiency Amendment: Eliminates the election to choose between a Universal Legislature and the Althing. I think the Althing proved itself worthy of the Midwest during most of this year, so having this election (twice in a year, no less) is superfluous.

I sincerely hope the citizens of the Midwest will vote for those amendments, as I think they will be beneficial to the region as a whole.

Thank you very much.

Lumine.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »

Mr governor, this bill passes.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2013, 12:49:43 PM »

Very well, I shall submit it to a vote after the current Amendments are passed or rejected.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies