The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:20:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: The Office of Governor LumineVonReuental (Closed)  (Read 9818 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2013, 10:53:37 PM »

On Economic Renaissance!

Well, what can I say? The past week has been incredibly awesome for our region! Not only we have managed to get out of the last place in population, we continue to enjoy the benefits of a stable and dedicated regional government. Game Master Averroes Nix just released a new economic update, and it's one of the best news we have received in a long time.

Unemployment is being defeated! From more than 8% to 6.9%, and it will keep decreasing thanks to the measures we have taken to defeat that obstacle. My most sincere thanks to Maxwell for his initial stimulus measures, and to the Althing for continuing such measures while also introducing new and innovative bills to pursue economic growth. Our credit is now upgraded, and we slowly approaching the economic powerhouses of the Mideast and the Northeast.

Another triumph from the region once considered least likely to succeed!

Watch out, Atlasia, we are not going to stop!
GAworth
United States

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2013, 10:56:17 PM »

On Economic Renaissance!

Well, what can I say? The past week has been incredibly awesome for our region! Not only we have managed to get out of the last place in population, we continue to enjoy the benefits of a stable and dedicated regional government. Game Master Averroes Nix just released a new economic update, and it's one of the best news we have received in a long time.

Unemployment is being defeated! From more than 8% to 6.9%, and it will keep decreasing thanks to the measures we have taken to defeat that obstacle. My most sincere thanks to Maxwell for his initial stimulus measures, and to the Althing for continuing such measures while also introducing new and innovative bills to pursue economic growth. Our credit is now upgraded, and we slowly approaching the economic powerhouses of the Mideast and the Northeast.

Another triumph from the region once considered least likely to succeed!

Watch out, Atlasia, we are not going to stop!
That's fantastic! Dave knows we work hard to come up with job creating measures.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2013, 05:07:49 PM »

On the Chief Judicial Officer:

And so, the Midwest has decided to vote in favor of the Judiciary Amendment, and for the first time in the history of our region we have a Chief Judicial Officer! I understand that we never had any cases, but I feel that creating this office will help us just in case we have problems in the future. You never know...

The Althing will have a vote on my nominee, but it really shouldn't be a surprise. To nominate a member of the NM-AM (soon to be Cultural Marxist Party) is a very unlikely turn of events considering my usual rhetoric, but I trust the nominee's commitment to the region. If somebody truly respects the Midwest, it's him.

Thus, I appoint ilikeverin to be the Midwest Chief Judicial Officer.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »

Although I still consider myself opposed to the existence of the office, I am pleased to receive the endorsement of the Governor for the post of Chief Judicial Officer, and look forward to discuss with the Alþing my qualifications for the position.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2013, 05:33:21 PM »

Merry Christmas to all Atlasians, and specially to all Midwest citizens! 

LumineVonReuental, Midwest Governor.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #130 on: December 26, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Mr Governor,
These bills have passed.
Best regards,
Windjammer
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #131 on: December 26, 2013, 10:59:50 AM »

Sadly we never managed to really discuss this in depth (specially the budget) before the end of the year, but we can always make further amendments!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #132 on: December 27, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »

On my political future:

As you know, I chose not to run for reelection as your Governor. With two months remaining, it may seem as if the best thing to do would be ignore elections until March and focus on other issues. But I think that in the following weeks I will have a wonderful opportunity to embark on a personal political challenge. We have elections for the Althing, we have elections for Archduke, we have elections for the Regional Senate seat, and we have elections for President and Vice-President of Atlasia. Certainly a good amount of elections, all of them quite tempting.

My decision is already made, though. On January 1st, as the New Year arrives to Atlasia and a whole new political world is devised on the minds of all players, I will make my announcement. Arrangements are being made, threads prepared, websites designed and videos created, for this time I plan to go all-out for my next political campaign.

Stay tuned!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2013, 10:01:31 PM »

I decided to announce one day earlier, so stay tuned: a new thread will be created in less than an hour!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »

A Happy New Year for all residents of the Midwest!

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2014, 07:40:44 PM »

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2014, 12:21:39 PM »

Mr Governor,
This amendment and this bill have passed the Althing,
Best regards,
Windjammer
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2014, 06:17:21 PM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2014, 06:23:20 PM »

On the The Dual Name of Provinces Amendment:

Good day, citizens of the Midwest. Today the Althing has passed the second version of the Dual Name of Provinces Amendment, which I chose to sponsor I can be voted by the people of our region. As you know, this Amendment allows for our traditional "loony" names and the "official" names to be legal at the same time, thus helping the Midwest to become more modern without betraying it's values and history. At the same time, this drops our claim on the State of New Mexico, a situation that was mentioned by Senator Tyrion and Governor PJ. I want to believe that this Amendment will pass the region so we can solve our conflicts with the Pacific and inject a dose of change, so I invite our citizens to vote in favour.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2014, 06:58:10 PM »

On the January Althing/Archduke Election:

Citizens of the Midwest, it's time to vote! I will be opening the voting booth soon, and we will begin our next Althing and Archduke election. While I'm pleased that we have candidates to fill all the positions, I would have hoped for a competitive election, which sadly won't be possible. I want to think that while we might face some problems this month and in February, from March on (and after I'm gone) activity levels will increase and we will finally have another competitive election. I also bid a small farewell (I'll make a more detailed speech once the election is over) to our President Pro Tempore, GAworth, who has been excellent in his job and a great member of the Midwest. The Althing will miss him.

Our current candidates are incumbents Arturo Belano (Labor) and Cris (Federalist) and newcomer Brewer (Labor), as well as Windjammer (Labor) for another term as Archduke. I know it might be strange to vote when you know who will probably win, but I ask the citizens to go and vote, to make their voice heard and keep proving the rest of the nation that are more active than what people actually think.

Keep making me proud, Most Serene Republic!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2014, 06:29:07 AM »

Mr Governor,
These bill have passed the Alping,
Best regards,
Windjammer
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »

Thank you, Mr. Archduke, I will appoint a Bank Chair as soon as possible, I still have to interview some prospective candidates.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2014, 09:12:18 PM »

On the High Speed Rail and the month of February:

Good night, citizens of the Midwest.

I write to you surrounded by maps, documents and quite a strange feeling. As I promised in my last State of the Midwest speech, I will send a couple of proposals to the Althing to serve as the final part of my legacy of Governor of this Most Serene Republic. There's my pet project in Education, with Civic Education and Environmental Awareness (to be sent before the Althing in a couple of days) and of course, the High Speed Rail. I had the idea of changing the offices of our region (to a Roman styled system, no less), but that will be suspended for a few days to see if the Midwest-Pacific government merge is going anywhere. If something happens on that front, that reform will have to wait. There was a Nuclear project as well, but I am more interested on pursuing that as a Senator (if I win that election), and the massive expenses of the Midwest High Speed Rail make Nuclear Power unaffordable as of now.

Going into the main subject, Gass proposed a High Speed Rail for the Mideast back in April 2013, when I was a Mideast Assemblyman (you know, those days where I used to lose elections by only winning my vote - the not aptly called good old times). It was a great proposal, and it passed the Assembly with the votes of Labor, the Federalists and my own independent vote. I honestly felt tempted to plagiarize the whole bill (it's very well written), but after some research it was very evident that a High Speed Rail would be complicated to achieve. Unlike the Mideast, we would have to cover enormous distances, thus making the project very extensive. Thus, I decided to craft my proposal with trains running at 193 km/h (or 120 mph) to cut down the expenses, and I chose to set the lines according to the state capitals (or largest cities) in a series of lines forming a five year plan. Thus, the plan envisions a low expense 2014, a high expense 2015-2016 (counting on future surplus), a low expense 2017 (to recover) and a high expsense 2018 to end the project on a high note.

I sincerely hope we will be able to discuss this in full detail in the Althing!

Now, there are other things that I'd like to talk about. As you know, my term ends at the end of February, which means that I have less than a month as Governor. But I don't like to think of myself as a lame duck, so expect me to do the usual things as Governor. I will deliver my final State of the Midwest speech on Saturday, so I would like to extend a formal invitation to our officeholders: Windjammer, ilikeverin, Brewer, Arturo Belano, Cris, TNF and Tmthforu; and our newest citizens, those who joined us in the past few weeks and that have the potential to give renewed life and activity to this region.

So far Windjammer is the only candidate who wants to take over as Governor, and I would like to speak briefly about that: I met the man when he was a Most Serene Representative back in June. Thus, I have talked and worked with him for about eight months already, and if there's something that I can say about him, is that he never let me down. He was a good Representative, a good Archduke, and I trust him to be a fantastic Governor. That said, I don't like it when our races are uncompetitive, so I would like to encourage those who are interested to run and give this region the race it deserves. Nobody can be against a fun and competitive race, right?

Well, that's all for today.

Goodbye!

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2014, 07:35:08 AM »

Thank you for your kind words Lumine.
--------------------

These bill have passed the Althing,
Best regards,
Windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2014, 06:50:20 AM »

Mr Governor,
These bills have passed the Althing,
Best regards,
Windjammer
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #145 on: February 07, 2014, 02:12:03 PM »

Thank you very much, Windjammer:

I will veto this bill.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #146 on: February 07, 2014, 02:17:14 PM »

Don't forget to veto/sign MW Biofuels Act and Midwest Center...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2014, 02:19:00 PM »

Don't forget to veto/sign MW Biofuels Act and Midwest Center...

Of course: (Sorry again, I'm becoming increasingly careless and that has to stop)

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »

Mr Governor,
This bill has passed the Alping,
Best regards,
Windjammer
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2014, 06:16:14 PM »

Signed!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies