SENATE BILL: End the Global War on Drugs Resolution (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:58:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: End the Global War on Drugs Resolution (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: End the Global War on Drugs Resolution (Passed)  (Read 10305 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« on: April 15, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »

Wait, you oppose making Marijuana legal, X?

Also, I don't know if denouncing this treaty would be consistent with our drug policies. Decriminalization does not mean we do not still have a war on drugs going on. Only the war against Marijuana has been ended.

No (typo, sorry).  I support legalizing marijuana, but not hard drugs.
Exactly how I feel, I'm glad SoEA Polnut has been contacted, I'd like to hear his insight.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:48:13 AM »

Yeah I knew that, I was just stating my position. Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »

I support the amendment, but I will have to think about the bill, if I'm still here at final vote.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »

I would like to end the war on drugs as well, as I feel we don't need to send any more officers or agents to Mexico to get shot over drugs. However, I believe we should reexamine our drug polices on hard drugs. And if we are to end the war on drugs, we should replace the treaties with something that gives our official government drug policy, and states a reasonable solution to dealing with drug cartels.  
I don't believe hard drugs should be legal as I believe it is a public health and safety issue, and it's obvious that many people have wasted their lives on hard drugs. And while tobacco and marijuana may not be the healthiest substances, they do not single handedly destroy people's lives. But if we are to allow these drugs, then they should come with strict restrictions.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »

I'm sorry, is cocaine being defended here?  Jesus Christ people.  Cocaine is a terrible, terrible drug, that should never have been legalized in the first place.

This!  It is nice to hear someone finally talking sense on this issue!
I agree with you both. But I think the approach should be to go after those who sell cocaine, if we make it illegal, not those who indulge in it.

I would like to end the war on drugs as well, as I feel we don't need to send any more officers or agents to Mexico to get shot over drugs. However, I believe we should reexamine our drug polices on hard drugs. And if we are to end the war on drugs, we should replace the treaties with something that gives our official government drug policy, and states a reasonable solution to dealing with drug cartels.  
I don't believe hard drugs should be legal as I believe it is a public health and safety issue, and it's obvious that many people have wasted their lives on hard drugs. And while tobacco and marijuana may not be the healthiest substances, they do not single handedly destroy people's lives. But if we are to allow these drugs, then they should come with strict restrictions.

There are no legal substances destroying lives. The only things destroying those lives are stupid people (and these idiots will find something else to destroy their lives with) and stupid laws (unless you think going to prison actually helps people raise their kids and pay their taxes).
I wouldn't call most of those who abuse hard drugs idiots, but I agree some of them would destroy there lives on something else, like alcohol, for instance. But one can kill themselves much faster on hard drugs than on alcoholic beverages, and no, of course I don't think we should restrict alcohol, but hard drugs as I said can destroy much faster than alcohol. Unless of course they go out driving, but drugs can impair driving as well. A lot of people who abuse substances whether it be drugs or alcohol, have either deep seated emotional troubles, or deal with a high amount of stress, now I'm not talking about those who occasionally get intoxicated, but having hard drugs legalized just give a person who has problems with substance abuse, an even deadlier option to kill themselves quicker.

I'm surprised we're talking about whether or not hard drugs should be legalized, rather than how we can help addicts without putting them in the company of rapists and murderers.
I would certainly hope we deal with this problem in a way where we punish those who distribute these substances, instead of those who have a problem with the addiction to these drugs. And for cocaine, heroine, and addicts of other drugs, we should be helping them by getting them into programs, that for a few weeks they can be away from the influence of the substances that have hurt them for so long, and talk with professionals who care about, and can help them.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 09:36:42 PM »

AYE
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies