2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread (Second Round is set, begins tomorrow) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 05:24:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread (Second Round is set, begins tomorrow) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread (Second Round is set, begins tomorrow)  (Read 11639 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: April 03, 2015, 06:16:23 PM »

The Nassau Coliseum doesn't deserve a finale.

Not sure I want to see the Isles in the quarterfinals.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 01:54:29 PM »

ANA over WPG 4-2
VAN over CGY 4-3
MIN over STL 4-3
NSH over CHI 4-3

MTL over OTT 4-3
DET over TB 4-2
NYR over PIT 4-1
WSH over NYI 4-2

ANA over VAN 4-1
MIN over NSH 4-2

MTL over DET 4-1
NYR over WSH 4-2

ANA over MIN 4-1
MTL over NYR 4-2

MTL over ANA 4-3
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »

Hey, Canadiens were my original pick and I'll stick with them to get by Detroit at least.

I'll still wait for someone to give the Ducks a challenge but that likely won't happen until the West conference finals. I want to see how they fare vs. good competition, i.e. anyone in the other west division including St. Louis.

I'm sticking with the same final four (Minnesota coming out of that ridiculous cluster), but I'm more optimistic about the Rangers getting past Carey Price then I was at the start. They really have to start playing better, but they are winning at least.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 09:41:44 PM »

Disgusted that's Minnesota's about to go down 3-0. I mean, obviously Chicago is a better team, but geez, when did the defense/goaltending get this good. Minnesota has at least looked almost as good but keeps coming up short. Very unfortunate that something with such potential to be a great series may be ending real soon.

The Rangers are even more depressing because they actually look like the better team.

After this round, I'm going to have nobody! Canadiens or Caps maybe? Since I do like Montreal if they can pull it together or because Ovechkin deserves something. As much as I hate Chicago, they honestly deserve the dynasty for this group of players.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 09:45:18 AM »

Disgusted that's Minnesota's about to go down 3-0. I mean, obviously Chicago is a better team, but geez, when did the defense/goaltending get this good. Minnesota has at least looked almost as good but keeps coming up short. Very unfortunate that something with such potential to be a great series may be ending real soon.

Chicago tied Montreal for the fewest regular season goals allowed at 189 so turning up the D isn't a big surprise. No one else in the West had fewer than 201 GA.

Last series they gave up 3.5/game and needed a goalie change to stop the bleeding. I guess I was just sort of hoping that would carry over knowing full well it likely wouldn't.

And while Nashville has a few scoring threats, Minnesota has more and Nashville's rep is usually for their defense (which was missing a couple pieces but still, you're not expecting that many goals from their offense even with the empty netter)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 09:51:55 PM »

HEY! HEY! HEY HEY HEY!

We're going to the finals! Book it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length