I came out...kind of. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:01:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I came out...kind of. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I came out...kind of.  (Read 22259 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: December 08, 2008, 06:55:27 PM »

Congrats.. that definitely took some guts.

I imagine it's pretty hard to tell anybody, even somebody you know will be totally accepting and even honored to know, something that you've kept as such a secret for so long.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 07:05:24 PM »

For some reason like half my friends here at MSU are LGBT (in fact, at least one of each, though one double-counts for G and T Tongue), and they seem to be finding plenty of resources if they need any.  Each group of residence halls has its own LGBT group, but you can go to any you want Smiley
Really? We don't even have a LGBT group on campus.

I don't think we do either, actually.

Wow.. my university was only 3800 students and we had a sizable group... it must be because I'm up here in 'liberal' Minnesota
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:53:42 PM »

I'd say 10-15%

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »

That's pretty easy for you to say and ignorant to the extreme.
What a typical liberal answer of just calling someone ignorant.  The fact remains that if you don't think there is anything wrong with being gay, just come out and say it.  I'm not going to say that it would be easy, but seriously if you feel confident about something go for it.

If it isn't ignorant, then it's definitely an oversimplification. Whatever.  It's hard enough to argue with a brick wall, I can't imagine what it must be like to have to argue with you on a daily basis.
Ah, I see you've pulled out liberal argument #2, you are stubborn and old-fashioned.  You know what's worse than having to argue with me?  Living a complete lie every day of your life.

As if he doesn't already know that...

I'd just say until you've walked a mile in somebody's shoes, shut your f**king mouth.  Because that's all you've got, DWTL, is a mouth that runs and runs.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 06:44:05 PM »

Down, I like you but just quit this while you're ahead please. You've already made yourself look like a tool.

That's the beauty of it.  He can't lose.. because his standards are so low and he's already played the argument out in his head and come up with snotty little responses that don't actually counter the arguments, but rather just attack them.

Maybe something will happen to him that really hurts and then maybe he'll see how it feels when not only does nobody care, but they view his hurt as a weakness and an obvious sign that he is less human than us all.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 06:58:33 PM »

He thinks if he calls out your argument for you, it somehow isn't true.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »

Joe's Crab shack... duh
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 02:03:24 PM »

but maybe we could have some sausage meatballs with a bit of sauce.

No. No, no, no. I am not involved in this silliness. I know what you're getting at, young man.

Oh, and it's "gravy," not sauce but let's not get started with that...

Since when is bolognese sauce gravy?

Certain Italian - Americans call it gravy. It's just a habit. I don't know where or how it originated but some of us are adament about calling it that and others are adament in saying that we're wrong.

This thread is going to go from talking about someone coming out of the closet to pasta sauce/gravy. Amazing.

Then there's us Americans with Scandinavian roots that really only eat meatballs with gravy... you know... kinda brownish colored with all sorts of butter and fat and general deliciousness... with the meatballs still a little bit pink in the middle.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies