FE1:Confirmation Hearing:Ilikeverin for Supreme Court Justice (Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:37:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FE1:Confirmation Hearing:Ilikeverin for Supreme Court Justice (Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FE1:Confirmation Hearing:Ilikeverin for Supreme Court Justice (Confirmed)  (Read 529 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« on: January 17, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »
« edited: January 21, 2017, 11:15:55 PM by Speaker 1184AZ »

I nominate Ilikeverin to the Supreme  Court.

I open the floor up for a 48 hour questioning/debate period.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:44:54 PM »

First off congrats to Ilikeverin for being nominated. I would like to take the time to ask a few questions for the prospective Supreme Court Justice, before deciding on how to vote on his confirmation. Please note ideology will play no role in my decision on whether to confirm the nominee.

2. What is your main legal philosophy?

3. How do you define reasonable doubt and how would you apply this to Criminal trials?

4.You have been largely  absent from Atlasia recently, how can you assure us that you will remain active if confirmed to the Supreme Court?

5. Can you please complete the following two case studies, stating the main issues in the cases,  your decision in the cases,and the reason you reached this decision. Please use Atlas law in your case studies.

Case 1 S. Steel v Southern Region 
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Case 2 M. Fox v Fremont
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thanks
1184AZ
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 06:49:40 PM »

I would like to thank the nominee for the answers to my questions, I will carefully consider them when making my decision on whether to confirm the nominee.
----------------
I will extend questioning for 24 hours to give others a chance to comment and ask questions to the nominee.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 09:41:15 PM »

Seeing no debate for 24 hours I will bring this Confirmation hearing to a close and a 24 hour vote.
Please vote Aye, Nay,or Abstain on confirming the nominee.
------------
Aye
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:15:21 PM »

With 2 votes in favor and 1 not voting the nominee is confirmed as Supreme Court Justice representing Fremont. The nominee heads to the Presidents desk for his final approval. Congrats!!!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 05:16:52 PM »

The President has signed off on the nominee. Congrats!!

Mr. President, the Fremont legislature has approved Ilikeverin nomination for the Atlasian supreme court, and is asking for your final approval or rejection of his nomination.

I nominate Ilikeverin to the Supreme  Court.

With 2 votes in favor and 1 not voting the nominee is confirmed as Supreme Court Justice representing Fremont. The nominee heads to the Presidents desk for his final approval. Congrats!!!

ILV is one of the most accomplished and experienced Atlasians around and certainly more than qualified to serve as Justice for the Fremont region.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies