Bist us dead? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:43:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Bist us dead? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bist us dead?  (Read 2722 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: February 14, 2009, 08:25:12 PM »
« edited: February 14, 2009, 08:26:45 PM by Who Broke My Heart? (You Did! You Did!) »

It's unfortunate that we don't have much participation. The problem is this is unnecessarily complicated and information is difficult to access. We don't have enough things to do because regions are dominated by the same political party over and over, and because aside from the Senate, there's nothing even remotely worth holding anyway.

Governors do very little except post polling booths and monitor regional legislatures, Lt. Governors are almost entirely worthless (this isn't too far out of the ordinary, but can we find something for them to do?)

We can either expand the offices, and allow more people to get involved and make the game interesting and vibrant again, or we can reduce the number of offices/regions to, while making elections more interesting, make the game even less populated and even less interesting in the long term.

Sometimes I wonder if we should give everyone an office, or just institute some sort of term limit (or consecutive term limit) to make sure people are forced out of office at least at one point. In any case, this game is dominated by less and less people as time goes on and we need something to make sure more people are involved, people can't consistently dominate a political office, and information is easily understood, and easily accessed.

(https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Pacific_Elected_Officials This is really a tragedy. Count the months Bgwah reigned and how many times Alcon's name appears.)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:45:18 PM »

We need to decide what people like

1. Elections, voting and running for office.
2. Government and debate
3. Both.

A parliamentary system would be interesting with party blocs, leaders, cabinets etc but people have rejected that in the past.

I enjoy both, but to be honest, whatever system we finally settle on doesn't bother me, as long as plenty of people can get involved in the game and things are not needlessly complicated. A parliamentary system would certainly bring a much needed change to things though.

(I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but making sure we have more people and easily accessed and up to date information on the Wiki is a very important thing for me.)

I think you can either reduce the number of elected seats and make elections more interesting or expand the number of seats and let people be more involved in the cogs of government.

I am not really sure if we can really accomplish a game in which people are really involved and elections are really interesting.

You're probably right to some extent, my view is a bit utopic sometimes. I'm just nervous about seeing even more people leave. We need to stop the bleeding.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »

It's unfortunate that we don't have much participation. The problem is this is unnecessarily complicated and information is difficult to access. We don't have enough things to do because regions are dominated by the same political party over and over, and because aside from the Senate, there's nothing even remotely worth holding anyway.

When trying to recruit people to Atlasia, many of them have been hesitant to participate because they were afraid it would be too complicated & take up too much time.

I had the same concern (the former, anyway) when Xahar recruited me. I must have asked him two dozen questions. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 09:01:34 PM »

Yeah it was me I believe. I think it's been so long that it's finally time to start over.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »

Actually, I voted in the poll as well, NCY.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »

Well thank you. If stays this way you guys might just win both the poll and the race cause the rest of the JCP is either MIA or maybe even KIA. For example has Meeker showed up to handle his duties in the Senate or is he now hiding from the PPT? Wink

I know from personal experience the JCP tends to strike from the bushes. Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 06:39:26 AM »

The problem is this is unnecessarily complicated and information is difficult to access.
DING DING DING!  I have no idea on how to fix it, but this has always been my biggest problem here.  I always thought it was just me and my apathy/lack of intelligence.

Atlasia makes me feel stupid sometimes too. Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies