Who is worse: intersectionalists or TERFs? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:53:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who is worse: intersectionalists or TERFs? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is worse: intersectionalists or TERFs?
intersectionalists

TERFs

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Who is worse: intersectionalists or TERFs?  (Read 3702 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« on: March 14, 2017, 02:15:26 AM »

TERFS, obviously. Their philosophy is fundamentally bankrupt. Intersectionalism has its idiots, but is positive on the whole.

Or at least I would hope so, since I am intersectional.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:33:42 PM »

Wait, intersectionalism is considered bad by people who aren't right-wingers? I thought that just meant acknowledging that different forms of discrimination can overlap with each other.

That's what it means in theory but in practice it means complaining about white people wearing hoop earrings or dreadlocks or eating Chinese food.
If by in practice, you mean a handful of people, sure.

It's actually really funny how single incidents get more attention than they should. The reality is a lot more complex. I encourage you to watch Contrapoints on YouTube, specifically his take on cultural appropriation (spoiler: he agrees with you).

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 07:37:29 PM »

Even in it's literal form, intersectionalism kind of falls flat in so many respects for me. For example, under it you'd have to either accept that Milo Yiannopoulos is not a bigot, or that he is but he's truly just another victim of the patriarchy deep down. It doesn't make any sense.
What
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:10:09 PM »

Even in it's literal form, intersectionalism kind of falls flat in so many respects for me. For example, under it you'd have to either accept that Milo Yiannopoulos is not a bigot, or that he is but he's truly just another victim of the patriarchy deep down. It doesn't make any sense.
What

Because he's gay.
No one's claiming that.  Gay people can be misogynistic or racists just like straight people.

And this 'victim of patriarchy' isn't an excuse. Sure, he's been negatively affected by it, but you can't hand wave racism and pederasty because of society.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies