Job Growth? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:56:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Job Growth? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Job Growth?  (Read 1281 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: August 25, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »

I'm feeling mixed signals on the accounting profession.  Some articles are giving the field "recession-proof".  CPAnet has numerous people even with passed exams saying they can't land a job and there are so many applicants.  Manufacturing and construction people are bascially being told to retrain.  IT is a mixed bag as well- What will happen with outsourcing?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:40:11 PM »

Jobless recovery is basically an oxymoron.

To those of you that think we won't have a jobless recovery, how will we have job growth? Which sectors of the economy will see the most..

Certain areas of the medical profession, energy, agriculture, the hard sciences in general. Basically I see us moving away from a consumption based economy, mainly because the debt situation at nearly all levels is out of control and the general population is aging.

The hard sciences haven't had significant job growth in quite a while.

I'm feeling mixed signals on the accounting profession.  Some articles are giving the field "recession-proof".  CPAnet has numerous people even with passed exams saying they can't land a job and there are so many applicants.  Manufacturing and construction people are bascially being told to retrain.  IT is a mixed bag as well- What will happen with outsourcing?

The only recession proof jobs are those of unqualified well-connected people.

Agreed.  I'm even hearing people who graduated as nurses having trouble landing things.  That said it would be foolish for me to switch fields (although a partner at my previous firm suggested I do so).  I refuse to do so because of the education expenses involved plus this particular partner has a nephew at the place getting a lot of my previous work and other people gave me good reviews except him.  A lot of people are just victims of the economy in one way or another.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies