What is the Criteria for Being an FF or an HP? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:41:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What is the Criteria for Being an FF or an HP? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the Criteria for Being an FF or an HP?  (Read 2358 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 12, 2017, 08:02:40 PM »

Most of the time, it's based on policy agreement when used with respect to politicians, and general agreeableness with respect to other posters.   Some posters will HP anyone they disagree with politically, but this is not the norm.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 02:48:45 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2017, 02:52:49 PM by RFayette »

It's funny how the people who say that political views shouldn't be a factor in one's opinion of a person are the same people who hate me because of my political views.

Anti-Semitism is not a "political view", it's just disgusting
Racism is also disgusting. So why does everyone suck Santander's and Sanchez's dicks?

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY

In the end of the day, don't you think it's better to respect opposing points of view rather than have contempt for your political adversaries?  Hating your enemies doesn't do you (or anyone else) any good, so what is there to lose by having a more understanding view toward those whose views you see as execrable?  I say this as someone who finds a lot of the moral views of progressives personally troubling - especially on abortion - but I think it's better to respect people even if we have different viewpoints on very consequential issues.  

I know we have some pretty big disagreements, but I think you care about others and are fundamentally a decent person.  I think it'd be best for your sake to try to open your mind a bit to different perspectives, as tough as it can be at times. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies