Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 01:19:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26593 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: January 13, 2021, 08:13:40 PM »

I'm not surprised by this. Taylor-Greene has certainly established herself as one of the worst members of Congress-she's in a tie with Boebert, Gohmert, Gosar, Jordan, Brooks, and Cawthorn for that distinction. And many partisan Republicans-such as those on RRH Elections (and yes, this is a running gag at this point, but it's useful for comparison) are already demanding that the Party retaliate by impeaching Biden.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 08:35:54 PM »

I'm not surprised by this. Taylor-Greene has certainly established herself as one of the worst members of Congress-she's in a tie with Boebert, Gohmert, Gosar, Jordan, Brooks, and Cawthorn for that distinction. And many partisan Republicans-such as those on RRH Elections (and yes, this is a running gag at this point, but it's useful for comparison) are already demanding that the Party retaliate by impeaching Biden.

This is Matt Gaetz erasure.

Him also! I've lost track of the number of Republican extremists at this point.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 02:09:51 PM »

How long 'til she loses her committee seats? I say the over/under is 6 months.

She's done nothing to lose them.

If she has, I could easily make the same statement about Ayanna Pressley for starters.  And Cori Bush.  She's edgy and over-the-top, but she's done nothing to justify such a remedy.  You don't have to support her, but her constituents deserve to have the person they elected to Congress represent them.

YOU don't like her.  Fine!  You can call her an HP to your heart's content.  When you begin to advocate the same for nutty Democrats let me know.  Then, and only then, may you have something.

Ayanna Pressley, although she's well to my left, isn't a QAnon adherent or an anti-masker like Greene is. And she hasn't engaged in showboating of the kind that Greene has.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 02:23:23 PM »

If she has, I could easily make the same statement about Ayanna Pressley for starters.  And Cori Bush.  She's edgy and over-the-top, but she's done nothing to justify such a remedy.  You don't have to support her, but her constituents deserve to have the person they elected to Congress represent them.

YOU don't like her.  Fine!  You can call her an HP to your heart's content.  When you begin to advocate the same for nutty Democrats let me know.  Then, and only then, may you have something.

Ayanna Pressley, although she's well to my left, isn't a QAnon adherent or an anti-masker like Greene is. And she hasn't engaged in showboating of the kind that Greene has.

Pressley has stated that the unrest in the streets should continue "for as long as there is unrest in our lives".  Please don't tell me that this isn't "fanning the flames".  If that's not "showboating", tell me what it is.  It's a call for continued violence, and it really isn't hidden.

Pressley condemned the violence last year, as did most Democrats-including Joe Biden-and like most Democrats, has called for legislation to address issues of police brutality and racial profiling. And she made it clear that she was supportive of peaceful protests against police brutality, and made reference to the late John Lewis, with the Freedom Rides as an antecedent to the protests we've seen in more recent times.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2021, 08:23:10 PM by Bland Normie »

If she has, I could easily make the same statement about Ayanna Pressley for starters.  And Cori Bush.  She's edgy and over-the-top, but she's done nothing to justify such a remedy.  You don't have to support her, but her constituents deserve to have the person they elected to Congress represent them.

YOU don't like her.  Fine!  You can call her an HP to your heart's content.  When you begin to advocate the same for nutty Democrats let me know.  Then, and only then, may you have something.

Pressley has stated that the unrest in the streets should continue "for as long as there is unrest in our lives".  Please don't tell me that this isn't "fanning the flames".  If that's not "showboating", tell me what it is.  It's a call for continued violence, and it really isn't hidden.

Pressley condemned the violence last year, as did most Democrats-including Joe Biden-and like most Democrats, has called for legislation to address issues of police brutality and racial profiling. And she made it clear that she was supportive of peaceful protests against police brutality, and made reference to the late John Lewis, with the Freedom Rides as an antecedent to the protests we've seen in more recent times.

Guys, don't even bother responding to fuzzy bear with these undeniable facts. They have been pointed out to him literally dozens of times with links such as this, an. every single time he absolutely ignores them as if the words simply were never typed at all.

All responding to him does is convince him his posts are still somehow relevant as the legitimate conservative argument opposite the Liberal's point of view", and forces those of us who long ago put him on ignore to actually read his drivel nonetheless.

I made note of this the other day, and I've grown to understand more why many posters on here dislike him. But I wanted to make sure that I got my points across, and that I answered him.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 04:02:07 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2021, 08:24:55 PM by Bland Normie »

If she has, I could easily make the same statement about Ayanna Pressley for starters.  And Cori Bush.  She's edgy and over-the-top, but she's done nothing to justify such a remedy.  You don't have to support her, but her constituents deserve to have the person they elected to Congress represent them.

YOU don't like her.  Fine!  You can call her an HP to your heart's content.  When you begin to advocate the same for nutty Democrats let me know.  Then, and only then, may you have something.

Pressley has stated that the unrest in the streets should continue "for as long as there is unrest in our lives".  Please don't tell me that this isn't "fanning the flames".  If that's not "showboating", tell me what it is.  It's a call for continued violence, and it really isn't hidden.

Guys, don't even bother responding to fuzzy bear with these undeniable facts. They have been pointed out to him literally dozens of times with links such as this, an. every single time he absolutely ignores them as if the words simply were never typed at all.

All responding to him does is convince him his posts are still somehow relevant as the legitimate conservative argument opposite the Liberal's point of view", and forces those of us who long ago put him on ignore to actually read his drivel nonetheless.

I made note of this the other day, and I've grown to understand more why many posters on here dislike him. But I wanted to make sure that I got my points across, and that I answered him.

I'm just glad you finally "saw the light."
When you first joined this site, you were joined-at-the-hip with Fuzzy, and agreed with almost everything he said. He was the chef and you were the sous-chef in his bizarre kitchen of producing "strange food" for Atlas users' consumption.
Welcome to a more normal world.

Well, I was "joined at the hip" with Fuzzy because I was genuinely at odds with many of the posters on here, and he was one of the few that was more understanding to me. This is why I'm not going to jump down on his throat like many other posters have, although I'm not unwilling to openly express my disagreements with him, such as on this matter.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 04:42:10 PM »

At this stage it's just waiting to see what actually gets her expelled in some form.

Nah, she’ll run against Warnock in 2022 or Osoff in 2026 and get crushed in the GE.

If she vacates her seat, I'm honestly curious as to whether she gets replaced by someone who somehow manages to be even worse. And if she does run statewide, the whole GOP ticket is probably going down.

It's hard to find someone with a lower opinion of the GOP than myself, but I don't really see how her potential replacement could be worse. She is the single most deficient person ever to be elected to Congress.

I'd disagree. Are you forgetting people like Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, Benjamin Tillman, Theodore Bilbo, and John C. Calhoun? Taylor-Greene certainly is one of the most reprehensible individuals ever to be elected to Congress, but these odious characters were far more damaging and insidious than her.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 04:53:52 PM »

At this stage it's just waiting to see what actually gets her expelled in some form.

Nah, she’ll run against Warnock in 2022 or Osoff in 2026 and get crushed in the GE.

If she vacates her seat, I'm honestly curious as to whether she gets replaced by someone who somehow manages to be even worse. And if she does run statewide, the whole GOP ticket is probably going down.

It's hard to find someone with a lower opinion of the GOP than myself, but I don't really see how her potential replacement could be worse. She is the single most deficient person ever to be elected to Congress.

I'd disagree. Are you forgetting people like Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, Benjamin Tillman, Theodore Bilbo, and John C. Calhoun? Taylor-Greene certainly is one of the most reprehensible individuals ever to be elected to Congress, but these odious characters were far more damaging and insidious than her.

Those were giants of the Senate. I don't think he's talking solely about moral deficiencies.

I wouldn't consider racists and segregationists to be "giants". That's a title I reserve for upright people.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »

I am not forgetting segregationists and slaveholders. Is there any doubt that if MTG was alive during those time periods she would be anything other than a voracious defender of slavery and segregation? Heck, is there any doubt that, as of TODAY, that she believes races shouldn't mix? And yes, I said deficient, referring to all her capacities and not just her morality (which obviously sucks). John Calhoun was an evil man, but there's no doubt he was capable. MTG is just a vile nothing, completely unable to appreciate the scope of her powers or the responsibilities of her office beyond her racist, conspiratorial, fascist sh**tposting.

I certainly think that Taylor-Greene's intellectual abilities meet a very low standard, but there have been members of Congress who've been far more damaging than her, and even more worthy of our condemnation.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 10:04:27 PM »

Ok, Mark Sanford looks really bad...

I find it interesting how the most "outspoken" Republicans-that is, those who are the most critical of Trump and his supporters-are those who aren't holding any current political office. Sanford, Flake, Corker (who recently appeared in a Frontline documentary about Trump's "madness"), Kasich, all would fit into this category.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2021, 10:57:46 PM »

... There are allegations of ballots transported from NY to PA, of huge numbers of ballots having just the Presidential race selected, bins of ballots pulled out under tables, etc.  Why should this NOT be investigated?

Your "bins of ballots pulled out under tables" allegation, was debunked a long time ago.
Why would you believe in this Giuliani hogwash? Lunatic Rudy and company, intentionally only showed part of the video where "bins were pulled out from underneath tables." But as many have already seen and as the factual story goes, if you watch the entire video, the bins were place there earlier for temporary storage, and then were pulled back-out to continue the counting of ballots.
Why are you being so dishonest about the entire election?

This rebuttal which you laid out was discussed in a 60 Minutes report by Scott Pelley last month, in which he interviewed Brad Raffensperger, Georgia's SoS, and his Chief Operations Officer Gabriel Sterling. And as I've noted before, Raffensperger wrote a lengthy and detailed rebuttal of Trump's claims of fraud, and sent it to Congress ahead of the Electoral College certification.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 10:36:24 AM »

Ok, Mark Sanford looks really bad...

I find it interesting how the most "outspoken" Republicans-that is, those who are the most critical of Trump and his supporters-are those who aren't holding any current political office. Sanford, Flake, Corker (who recently appeared in a Frontline documentary about Trump's "madness"), Kasich, all would fit into this category.

Absolutely. And it’s obvious why.

Well, all of these men no longer hold political office, in part, because of Trump. Sanford lost his primary to a Trump supporter (who went on to lose to Joe Cunningham in the general), Flake and Corker probably would not have won their primaries either (and Trump, from what I've read, threatened to support their primary challengers), and Kasich failed in his bid for the Republican nomination back in 2016. But obviously, those whose active political careers are effectively over have much less to lose, aren't bound to the Party line, and can therefore speak their minds much more freely.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »

... There are allegations of ballots transported from NY to PA, of huge numbers of ballots having just the Presidential race selected, bins of ballots pulled out under tables, etc.  Why should this NOT be investigated?

Your "bins of ballots pulled out under tables" allegation, was debunked a long time ago.
Why would you believe in this Giuliani hogwash? Lunatic Rudy and company, intentionally only showed part of the video where "bins were pulled out from underneath tables." But as many have already seen and as the factual story goes, if you watch the entire video, the bins were place there earlier for temporary storage, and then were pulled back-out to continue the counting of ballots.
Why are you being so dishonest about the entire election?

This rebuttal which you laid out was discussed in a 60 Minutes report by Scott Pelley last month, in which he interviewed Brad Raffensperger, Georgia's SoS, and his Chief Operations Officer Gabriel Sterling. And as I've noted before, Raffensperger wrote a lengthy and detailed rebuttal of Trump's claims of fraud, and sent it to Congress ahead of the Electoral College certification.

CBS News does not have the moral authority to "debunk" anything.  Nor do persons who are defendants in suits brought against Georgia.

That's the issue, is it not?  How can a blatantly activist media serve as an agent to "debunk" stories unfavorable to their side?

So are you suggesting that CBS News is deliberately lying about the election? What motivation would they have to do so?  And once again, you ignore the fact that the "defendants" in these "suits"-which have been all been rejected or dismissed out of hand, by Trump-appointed or conservative-leaning judges in many instances-are Republican officials, who supported Trump's reelection bid, but could not abide by his insinuations regarding the electoral processes in their state. And Trump is now facing potential criminal investigation by authorities in Fulton County for the call he made to Raffensperger.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 01:15:29 PM »

So if CBS doesn’t have the “moral authority” to debunk the case (even though debunking of the voter fraud accusations has come from many sources not just cbs or even the news in general) what exactly gives Trump, Giuliani, or Fuzzy himself as a poster the “moral authority” to have the initial accusation of fraud be treated as remotely credible?

You guys are still engaging with Fuzzy?  That's a futile endeavor; just put him on Ignore.  A sad case of a formerly thoughtful and interesting poster who completely lost it.

Well, I'm not going to cease all interaction with him, because he stood up for me during my "problematic" period before I took my hiatus, and I do find it interesting to read his posts of historical analysis.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 09:01:30 PM »

Attacking someone's children is clearly over the line, and especially when it is done to score political points. Marjorie Taylor-Greene has further cemented her place as one of the worst members of Congress of either political party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies