State Legislature Special Election Megathread v3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:40:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  State Legislature Special Election Megathread v3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State Legislature Special Election Megathread v3  (Read 137394 times)
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« on: March 27, 2024, 12:10:43 AM »

Don’t do that Alabama… don’t give me hope.

It's crazy how if this overperformance held statewide in AL in 2024 Pres AL would be a swing state.

Obv for a variety of reasons this won't be the case and Trump easily wins Alabama, likely by more than 20%.

It might mean Madison County is in play...Trump's never been that popular here.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 10:41:46 PM »

Madison County is probably one of the places Biden could flip in Alabama. Jones won it in 2017, it was close in 2020, and had a big trend leftward 16-20. I think Trump only won it by 8. Since then, I think some of this stuff that the Alabama Supreme Court and Senator Tuberville have done probably have turned off some people there.

It was Haley's best county in the state by far though technically only Trump's second-worst since he got a lower percentage in a very low-population county (Wilcox) where there were a lot of votes cast for candidates who had dropped out. 

My guess is Trump still narrowly ekes out a win here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies