Where do you stand on abortion rights? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:41:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Where do you stand on abortion rights? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: See the above question.
I support women having access to abortion.

I oppose women having access to abortion.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 108

Author Topic: Where do you stand on abortion rights?  (Read 3166 times)
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« on: December 09, 2014, 08:30:14 PM »

CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »

Denying women the right to control their own bodies is misogynistic.

Denying someone the right to live is the ultimate denial of rights.  IIRC isn't it your position that abortions are okay right before birth as well?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 09:54:17 PM »

Denying someone the right to live is the ultimate denial of rights.  IIRC isn't it your position that abortions are okay right before birth as well?

Yes, I believe that access to abortion should be unconditional. I tend to think that living, breathing women should have more autonomy over their own bodies than should creepy men like yourself and those in this thread who have taken it upon themselves to speak in defense of the fetuses of the world who believe that women's bodies should be public property.

At nine months it is impossible to deny that the fetus is a life.  I can't understand why you would think that it's okay to end its life minutes before birth, but as soon as it leaves its mother's body, that would be murder.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 10:28:25 PM »

Denying someone the right to live is the ultimate denial of rights.  IIRC isn't it your position that abortions are okay right before birth as well?

Yes, I believe that access to abortion should be unconditional. I tend to think that living, breathing women should have more autonomy over their own bodies than should creepy men like yourself and those in this thread who have taken it upon themselves to speak in defense of the fetuses of the world who believe that women's bodies should be public property.

At nine months it is impossible to deny that the fetus is a life.  I can't understand why you would think that it's okay to end its life minutes before birth, but as soon as it leaves its mother's body, that would be murder.

Whether or not the fetus is alive is immaterial.

That is a very revealing statement.  Why is one type of killing okay while another is not?  I know you strongly condemn the killing of Palestinians in Gaza (I do as well).  Why are their lives not immaterial?  Are fetuses the property of their mother?

@R2D2, no, but then again it's also illegal pretty much everywhere.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies