Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:53:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Author Topic: Former Office of the Midwest Governor (Closed as of January 7th, 2015)  (Read 23438 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 09:53:12 AM »

People leaving regions because of the results of one election is one of the major problems with Atlasia.

There's a permanent right-wing majority in the Mideast. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

Certainly not if left-wingers keep fleeing the region in protest.
It's not like it really matters that much. The latest PJ poll shows the Mideast would rather have JCL as the next Mideast Senator rather than Snowstalker which shows this region is doomed. Adam Griffin said it himself a few weeks ago that the Labor force that once existed in this part of Atlasia is no longer present.

The Feds have the IDS and the Mideast while Labor has the Midwest and Pacific, and it's going to be really hard for any of that to change. Simple as that.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:38 AM »

People leaving regions because of the results of one election is one of the major problems with Atlasia.

There's a permanent right-wing majority in the Mideast. That's not likely to change anytime soon.

It's not like it really matters that much. The latest PJ poll shows the Mideast would rather have JCL as the next Mideast Senator rather than Snowstalker which shows this region is doomed. Adam Griffin said it himself a few weeks ago that the Labor force that once existed in this part of Atlasia is no longer present.

The Feds have the IDS and the Mideast while Labor has the Midwest and Pacific, and it's going to be really hard for any of that to change. Simple as that.

Please, Ben lost big in every poll ever taken and went on to win re-election as Senator for the Mideast each time. Snowstalker has his flaws but I'm pretty sure he'll beat JCL when it comes down to it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:27 AM »

I can only speak for myself, but I had been thinking about leaving regardless of the results simply because I've been in the Mideast for a while and wanted to try something new (every region seems to have its own local flavor).  Afleitch said he'd been there for nine years, one can hardly accuse him of fleeing just because an election didn't go his way.  I agree that leaving in protest is silly, but I don't think that's what most people are doing.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »

He's "Scott Brown-ing."
You're really comparing me to that Tea Party whacko?

Brown lost by 7 points to Warren in 2012 and I narrowly lost which means I have potential whether I become a carpetbagger or not. I might decide to stay in the Mideast, but the surplus of people in this region is outrageous and simply have to have options. If you look at the statistics, there's 53 registered people in the Mideast with 9 people who ran for 5 seats and only 26 registered in the Midwest. It doesn't add up, but I'm still in the deciding process like I said.

Scott Brown is no Tea Partier. While he may have ran on the coat tails of the Tea Party he's firmly with the Northeastern establishment GOP.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »

I think the Mideast made a mistake by not sending you to the Assembly - I would encourage you to stick it out and prove to them that they made a mistake!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2014, 05:50:25 PM »

Pacific is Progressive territory. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 12:46:48 AM »

Nobody ever got anywhere with that attitude. When I came to Atlasia, the Mideast was one of the most left-wing regions. Now it is one of the most right-wing regions. That is because people had the courage to stick it out in there.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:32 AM »

Hasn't every region experienced an ideological transition at least once in its history?  The Northeast government used to be under full control of The Populares, which was the main libertarian party at the time.  Then the Liberals gained control, now Labor, and now it's electing more center-right candidates.  If I were you, I wouldn't move to another region because of politics.

(Unless you want to come to the IDS, of course. Wink)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 01:02:42 AM »

We barely got 3 members into the Assembly (I was a bit shocked that we actually got 3 this time).  We control the Lt. Governor's seat, but not the Governor's, and the judicial branch is held by an independent.

The Federalists make up 38% of the electorate.  We may have a plurality, but there's no "permanent right-wing majority".  I haven't been confident the week before an election that I'd end up being Speaker post-election.  It's been that way for months.  The region is not as conservative as many people think it is.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:55 AM »

I can only speak for myself, but I had been thinking about leaving regardless of the results simply because I've been in the Mideast for a while and wanted to try something new (every region seems to have its own local flavor).  Afleitch said he'd been there for nine years, one can hardly accuse him of fleeing just because an election didn't go his way.  I agree that leaving in protest is silly, but I don't think that's what most people are doing.

I think people leaving the Mideast can be a good thing.  It helps balance out the regions.  The Mideast has grown substantially.  Having people go to the Midwest and Pacific is probably a good thing.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2014, 01:28:52 AM »

If I might contribute a word of caution here: never, ever trust polling in Atlasia. People vote in polls for regions they don't live in, people selectively choose not to vote in polls, people vote in polls for candidates they don't support, etc. Everyone on this forum is way too involved politically for us to trust we have honest answers in polling, let alone representative ones.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2014, 05:44:00 AM »

Despite Federalist opposition to it, I won't be a procrastinator like Todd Portune as I've made a decision on my intentions. I WILL be moving to the Midwest very soon and it's for a number of contributing reasons:

1) With rising stars like Riley and the Labor influence in the Mideast disappearing (e.g. X and Gass), this region is pretty much going to be a Federalist stronghold for awhile and it's practically useless staying here. Meanwhile, we have an Assembly who's taking these long, unnecessary breaks as if they're Congress and even when they're in session, all recent bills brought up usually either fail or are vetoed (with the exception of the important protection of water bill). On the other hand, you see the Midwest Archduke Windjammer working day and night to help pass some vitally important bills to the region. Also, smaller regions need to begin to expand while the Mideast desperately needs to be shrunken in size and I'll be happy to join in doing that.

2) Another reason for this decision is because I will be actively joining the cause to re-elect TNF as Regional Senator and Windjammer as the Midwest Governor to guarantee a full Labor majority in the region. (Pile on the hate).

3) Along with that though, if Windjammer is elected Governor of the Midwest in February, this would pretty much guarantee the Labor agenda can be passed with ease and that's exactly what we need to see happen and the larger number of Laborites in the region, the better. I will not publicly announce if I will or will not be running for the Althing in March just yet though.

Now I won't be moving until I decide on what state in the region I'll be moving to, but like I said, it will be very soon. I wish Spiral/TJ the best in their executive power up in Peter's Park and especially hope for the best in your own Regional Senate election by electing Snowstalker to succeed Spiral. As for Inks, it's clear he really is a Speaker because he's just unbeatable himself for his own seat, but I really do hope they change the direction that they're going in for the better of a more prosperous region.

And for those who live in Ohio, you'll know what I mean in this closing quote directed at the Mideast: "You’re going to be really sorry that you messed with women in time.”

Tongue
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2014, 02:13:37 PM »

How is the direction that we are going down one that is not prosperous for the region?  We have a balanced budget, AAA credit rating, and the lowest unemployment in the nation, which has been decreasing.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2014, 03:20:08 PM »

How is the direction that we are going down one that is not prosperous for the region?  We have a balanced budget, AAA credit rating, and the lowest unemployment in the nation, which has been decreasing.
It doesn't necessarily have to do with that. I covered this in the first point. When you think of success, you're not going to think of a "Do-Nothing" "Pass-Nothing" Assembly. Use Ohio for an example. Kasich and our GOP legislature want to go off about how they're creating all of these jobs and lowering unemployment, yet this stable economic growth can only last for so long before it goes downhill. The only thing Ohio's govt is even known for in actuality right now is these voting laws attempting to disenfranchise voters, abortion restrictions or Stand Your Ground which do nothing to help the economy. Same thing with the Mideast Assembly, only different, unnecessary bills being proposed most of which can't even get passed through or signed. 
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »

It doesn't necessarily have to do with that. I covered this in the first point. When you think of success, you're not going to think of a "Do-Nothing" "Pass-Nothing" Assembly. Use Ohio for an example. Kasich and our GOP legislature want to go off about how they're creating all of these jobs and lowering unemployment, yet this stable economic growth can only last for so long before it goes downhill. The only thing Ohio's govt is even known for in actuality right now is these voting laws attempting to disenfranchise voters, abortion restrictions or Stand Your Ground which do nothing to help the economy. Same thing with the Mideast Assembly, only different, unnecessary bills being proposed most of which can't even get passed through or signed. 

Apart from this session, which was filled with a lot of nonsense from Al, we've had a lot of bills passed in recent sessions.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 08:48:53 PM »

And for those who live in Ohio, you'll know what I mean in this closing quote directed at the Mideast: "You’re going to be really sorry that you messed with women in time.”

Tongue

Are you insinuating I had an affair? Wink
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »

Tongue

Are you insinuating I had an affair? Wink
It's actually a recent Sharen Neuhardt quote directed at women hating Governor John Kasich. It fit perfectly since, you know, you guys passed the Abortion Sex Protection Act and like SB5 (the collective bargaining law), it flopped big time. Tongue

And as of 2:28 PM EST today, I have officially left the Mideast and am now a citizen of the Midwestern state of Joy (Minnesota). That's all I'll say at this time, but my political career here in Atlasia is nowhere far from over and plan to continue to stand for the principles of the Labor Party.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 06:57:03 PM »

Do you still believe that the LDS church is a "racist, sexist cult?"
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:59 PM »

Do you still believe that the LDS church is a "racist, sexist cult?"
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 07:16:50 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2014, 06:16:25 PM by MW Representative Adam C. FitzGerald »

I'm back Atlasia!

Ever since I made one of the best decisions ever in moving to the Midwest away from the Federalist-controlled Mideast, I am happy to inform all of you that our new, wonderful Labor Governor, windjammer, has appointed me to fill the vacant Most Serene Representative seat vacated by the now incumbent MW Archduke Arturo Belano, so congrats to them both! Cheesy

My main goals that I will seek on achieving are more government involvement in the economy not only for the better good of those who will benefit, but there are plenty of injustices yet to be solved and I have a few bills that I will likely propose later today that will simultaneously help in ending those and bring in revenue. Unemployment stands at 7.1% in the region, so jobs are still very much an issue, but meanwhile still need to maintain the rights of high and equal wages for equal work and protect the rights to unionize and collectively bargain.

Also, I will address what appears to be a controversial bill and that's the MW Extraterrestrial Life Act. Now I will say I am in full support of this bill and believe we need to adjust how we respond to a potential alien invasion. There are those who argue there are more pressing issues to attend to, however, as I've said before, there are billions of galaxies and we're merely one of them and if we don't respond accordingly, it could lead to hazard. After reading this bill, it's clear that there will deservingly be divided, but equal areas for both humans and aliens to inhabit each side of and we're best off not encountering them. I encourage Representatives Brewer and Cris to reconsider their opinions on it when it comes up for a vote again!

During my term, we are also likely to see expanded relations with the Pacific and while I am opposed to a merge, I'm willing to provide as much aid as possible to their low populated, but optimistic region and support an agreement that both sides could come together on if the Pacific is still not functioning well after the aid package sent to them.

Also, although there will not be a special election for this seat, the Midwest Alping election is right around the corner with just less than 3 weeks away! Unless something comes up, I am expecting to run for re-election to a full term as Midwest Representative.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2014, 07:30:35 PM »

Congratulations and welcome to the Althing! Cheesy

Can't wait to get working with you.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2014, 07:31:49 PM »

Congratulations and welcome to the Althing! Cheesy

Can't wait to get working with you.

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »

Thanks! And likewise, to both of you.
Arturo Belano

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.43

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2014, 08:15:45 PM »

Congrats, Representative FitzGerald! I wish you all the best, and I look forward to working with you in the Alžing.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:25 PM »

Congrats, Representative FitzGerald! I wish you all the best, and I look forward to working with you in the Alžing.
Thanks Archduke Arturo! Congrats to you as well on your appointment. I know you'll fill Gov. windjammer's shoes well. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies