UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:34:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should the title of this thread be
BomaJority

Tsar Boris Good Enough

This Benighted Plot

King Boris I

The Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero  (Read 294152 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 02, 2021, 02:57:08 PM »

Somehow I had never come across this from our PM:

So, has he freed Great Britain from the yoke of wearing an onion around their necks?  Or was it just the fashion of the day?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 10:30:12 PM »

Theresa May should make a triumphant return, sort of like Kevin Rudd did.

Yeah, cos that ended so well for him Smiley

He probably kept the party from losing in a landslide.
But nowadays he spends his time S**itposting on reddit and twitter so didn't quite work out for him.
I, for one,  would quite enjoy it if Theresa May would end up sh**tposting on reddit and twitter.  So bring her back!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 01:04:41 PM »

Is it wrong to make a Fredo joke here?

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 10:54:58 AM »

So, I use twitter way way more now than I ever did because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and I noticed along the side that Benny Hill is trending, so I stupidly clicked on it and basically got Borisrolled.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 01:04:36 PM »

Apparently the cabinet ministers at No. 10 are in two separate rooms, the loyalists and the rebels.  Hoping for a fight to the death.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2022, 05:29:26 PM »

Suella Braverman, Attorney General, calling for him to go. Saw a snippet of Stanley Johnson (Boris's father) on GB News and putting on a bit of bravado but I get the sense that he doesn't give much of a damn.

Apparently, Suella also announced her intention to run for PM too. 
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2022, 06:04:37 PM »

Suella Braverman, Attorney General, calling for him to go. Saw a snippet of Stanley Johnson (Boris's father) on GB News and putting on a bit of bravado but I get the sense that he doesn't give much of a damn.

Apparently, Suella also announced her intention to run for PM too.  

Both of these things on a prominent evening television programme! Really nothing wrong with this situation is there.

Well, not if your doing a clown ranking as someone was a couple of pages back. 
Helps you standout amid the din.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 02:05:42 AM »

Now past 50 resignations with the Ministers for Science, Pensions and Silly Walks the latest to resign
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2022, 12:12:39 PM »

It's surprisingly hard to find a good "Chaos with Ed Miliband" T-shirt. That's all I want on it.  Nothing else that gives it context or such.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2022, 12:30:20 PM »

As far as Boris....
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2022, 12:06:55 AM »

Was looking at the local by-elections for Thursday to see if anything interesting happened and this popped up.  They don't count the votes until Friday AM.  Kind of a confusing locale.  In the May election the voters filled two seats, one Con and one Labor won, however the Labor candidate was a paper candidate as Labor had never won in anything approximating this jurisdiction.  The Labor candidate felt he had work obligations that prevented him from serving on council so he resigned immediately hence the by-election.  And according to Andrew's preview, the bookies say the LD candidate is the favorite . 

As for the other local by-elections on Thursday, there was only one Con defense and they lost, in fact finished 3rd behind the Greens and LD (even with UKIP standing down).  Labor almost lost a seat to the Greens and Labor won a seat from an Indy.   
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2022, 07:23:27 AM »

Was looking at the local by-elections for Thursday to see if anything interesting happened and this popped up.  They don't count the votes until Friday AM.  Kind of a confusing locale.  In the May election the voters filled two seats, one Con and one Labor won, however the Labor candidate was a paper candidate as Labor had never won in anything approximating this jurisdiction.  The Labor candidate felt he had work obligations that prevented him from serving on council so he resigned immediately hence the by-election.  And according to Andrew's preview, the bookies say the LD candidate is the favorite . 

As for the other local by-elections on Thursday, there was only one Con defense and they lost, in fact finished 3rd behind the Greens and LD (even with UKIP standing down).  Labor almost lost a seat to the Greens and Labor won a seat from an Indy.   

For the record the LD did win 41-27-25 over Con and Lab
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2022, 01:35:39 AM »

I've seen multiple pictures of Sunak brandishing a brief case in such manner.  Is this a tradition of some type?   
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 01:47:50 AM »

I've seen multiple pictures of Sunak brandishing a brief case in such manner.  Is this a tradition of some type?   

Yes when the Chancellor presents their budget.

It looks like a "take your kid to work" day
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 12:46:40 PM »

You don't prefer Morduant?

Truss is very passable tbf, though I do like her better when not doing a cosplay Thatcher act.

I'm pretty sure peenie has a Thatcher fetish
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 07:02:51 PM »

So the top 2 choices for PM are Truss & Sunak? Wow, the UK is in an even worse shape than I thought.

Horrible choices.

Yikes. I think Penny would’ve been formidable in the next election.

And Sunak will almost certainly be the next PM. Electability argument will spook some hard right voters away from Truss.

Beautiful, thank you Britain!

Sadly - it take enormous margins like this to get a half decent Labour majority because of Scotlands silly SNP fetish. And even more sad is I can’t see these margins holding till the next election

Well, it depends if strategic voting is still all the rage at that point
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2022, 05:01:18 PM »

Well, it's not a good thing that Boris won, but it was a bad thing that Corbyn was his opponent.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 09:30:34 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2022, 09:49:49 PM by DINGO Joe »

As the forum's only Truss supporter I believe I should be the one to create and name the new thread. I think "In Liz we Truss" is the best but there's lots of others we could rotate through during her months in office.

Surely it has to be ‘this is a disgrace’

I offer a slight amendment

‘This....Is....A....Disgrace.’

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies