2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:21:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2020 Presidential Election Results & Exit Polls commentary thread  (Read 624280 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: November 03, 2020, 11:58:41 PM »

Seems like MOST of the most smug doomers from earlier have gotten awfully quiet, as have the people who were certain that "trends" would make it more likely Biden would win Southern states than the rust belt.

Hmm...

Any smug doomer would have lots of reasons to gloat since it appears fairly likely that Mr. Electable will be working with a Republican Senate.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 12:05:33 AM »

Not really. If your wing got the keys, then the soft Latino vote probably would have been spooked even more and we'd be even farther off from winning FL.

He literally said except Florida. Even if Mr. Electable pulls it out narrowly the Senate is f***ed. "NeverBernie" trolls have no room to assert themselves tonight.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 12:08:36 AM »

Not really. If your wing got the keys, then the soft Latino vote probably would have been spooked even more and we'd be even farther off from winning FL.

He literally said except Florida. Even if Mr. Electable pulls it out narrowly the Senate is f***ed. "NeverBernie" trolls have no room to assert themselves tonight.
Counterpoint: automatically conceding FL is a bad idea.

And that would be different from now how?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 12:19:32 AM »

When will the WWC see the dividends of its racism? Answer: NEVER.

The wages of sin is death.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 12:20:37 AM »

Bernie's not on the ballot, kiddo.

These are your monkeys, and your circus.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 12:25:40 AM »

This is shaping up to be a LOT like 2018. Florida goes bad, everyone freaks the fu—k out, then we slowly learn over the course of the night that just about everywhere else is fine.

We might even still win Georgia LOL. And to think we had doomers dooming, Trumpers gloating, and everyone pointing fingers and arguing over the cause of this “loss” that was never very likely to actually occur.

Republicans are keeping the Senate. Real doomer hours if you actually want Democratic legislation to pass.

I guess that doesn't matter when all you care about is performativity.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 12:29:00 AM »

This is shaping up to be a LOT like 2018. Florida goes bad, everyone freaks the fu—k out, then we slowly learn over the course of the night that just about everywhere else is fine.

We might even still win Georgia LOL. And to think we had doomers dooming, Trumpers gloating, and everyone pointing fingers and arguing over the cause of this “loss” that was never very likely to actually occur.

Republicans are keeping the Senate. Real doomer hours if you actually want Democratic legislation to pass.

better get to work in 2022, but if there is a republican senate, Biden will have to govern with Mitch which I see a hard time happening

The 2022 map is possibly even less friendly for Democrats than this was.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:28 AM »

Believe it or not, I don’t want the most powerful man in the world to be a dangerous incompetent idiot and wannabe dictator. That’s more important to me than the Senate, and it’s not just “performative.”

McConnell will be more powerful than Biden and he, unlike Trump, is highly competent and evil.

Sorry, but you guys blew it. Biden may eke out a narrow victory that will be largely hollow. No Democratic policy goal, judge appointment, or bill will pass. Which renders the entire primary meaningless.

But on the plus side, he will have plenty of time to eat ice cream. Make sure it's that Jeni's brand the centrist Dems weirdly obsess over.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 12:40:06 AM »

lol.   The status quo will win.

Most of us are working from home, and making bank.

Why would we want to change this?

Please tell me this is a joke.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2020, 12:48:43 AM »

Does a Biden Presidency and a GOP Senate mean no stimulus checks?

Yeah. Mitch is not going to do any big bills for President Biden.

The run-off in Georgia could be huge

The top two Republican candidates combined for over 50%.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2020, 12:58:38 AM »

Believe it or not, I don’t want the most powerful man in the world to be a dangerous incompetent idiot and wannabe dictator. That’s more important to me than the Senate, and it’s not just “performative.”

McConnell will be more powerful than Biden and he, unlike Trump, is highly competent and evil.

Sorry, but you guys blew it. Biden may eke out a narrow victory that will be largely hollow. No Democratic policy goal, judge appointment, or bill will pass. Which renders the entire primary meaningless.

But on the plus side, he will have plenty of time to eat ice cream. Make sure it's that Jeni's brand the centrist Dems weirdly obsess over.

Repealing the travel ban, reinstating DACA, and reasonable leadership on the pandemic aren’t policy goals, I guess.

With a 6-3 Republican court? Are you joking?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2020, 12:59:40 AM »

So if Biden wins, would he be a lame duck with a GOP Senate and 2022 Midterm stacked against him?

Yep.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2020, 01:02:17 AM »

So if Biden wins, would he be a lame duck with a GOP Senate and 2022 Midterm stacked against him?

Hammer home how he wants to give another stimulus but Republicans won’t allow it. Mitch won’t give you back your money.

The stimulus was this year and they still couldn't win the Senate. What are they going to run on in 2022?
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2020, 01:19:02 AM »

Biden has got to spend the next 4 years appealing to Hispanics. Like, some of these results are embarrassing, especially against Trump.

I miss Tío Bernie.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2020, 01:20:42 AM »

Citation needed, obviously. Sigh.

Peter Sweden is a white supremacist, says a lot about Sergei that he's getting his election news from him.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2020, 01:25:02 AM »

Trump can easily still win but if he loses the doomers, especially the big three tonight need to publicly apologize or be tossed from the site.

No matter what happens, the Republicans have kept the Senate which puts any victory lap for mainstream Dems off the table.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2020, 07:31:26 AM »

Can anyone TLDR on how much is out in GA and when its expected?

Focus on the blue wall

Georgia is a pipe dream
Except it isn’t. Trump could still win it but the math is favorable to Biden right now

And it's looking quite probable that there could be two Senate runoffs in January.  Perdue is at 50 and is likely to fall below it with the Atlanta vote out and a Libertarian candidate getting over 2% .
If Uncle Joe gets this we have to go ALL OUT for those runoff elections. I'm talking Mike Bloomberg dropping a billion on those races and a get out the vote effort to end all get out the vote efforts. We need to hit the republicans while they are still licking their wounds.

What wounds? They will keep the Senate comfortably. Bloomberg didn't help by blowing money on Florida and the Democrats already tried everything you mentioned. Republicans will almost certainly win both runoffs.

The Democratic Party once again proved itself one of the least competent opposition parties in history. One of the least popular incumbent presidents of all time and they lost just about every competitive Senate race.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2020, 07:33:17 AM »

Where is Lurker? Is he... safe? Is he... all right?

Shut up, you hack. The Senate is gone and you're still trying to run victory laps. Celebrate the tiny, narrow victory of Mr. Electable all you want, but this was not a successful night by any stretch of the imagination for the Democratic Party.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2020, 08:18:15 AM »

Regardless of what happens with Biden, Pelosi and Schumer have got to go
As much as I actually like Pelosi and Schumer myself, I wholeheartedly agree. We need a new generation of leaders now. It's high time.

Schumer should never have been the Dem leader in the Senate in the first place, but yes, absolutely essential that both need to get the hell out of the leadership.

Pelosi isn't leaving the speakership until she dies. They will see this as an electoral success because Biden narrowly won despite all evidence to the contrary. Schumer should probably go, the Senate election was an absolute disaster, but the party is just tone deaf enough that it probably won't happen.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2020, 08:39:32 AM »

I kind of hope Arizona saves the day so John McCain’s ghost gets to give one last F you to Trump. Cheesy

Dude, just stop.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2020, 08:43:53 AM »

I kind of hope Arizona saves the day so John McCain’s ghost gets to give one last F you to Trump. Cheesy

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

If you're talking about a state to "save the day" in a now-symbolic presidential election after getting your ass handed to you in the Senate, you've already lost.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2020, 08:47:23 AM »

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

If you're talking about a state to "save the day" in a now-symbolic presidential election after getting your ass handed to you in the Senate, you've already lost.

Not true.  Democrats now have 48 (and if Collins goes down in ME, that's 49).  With two Senate runoffs in GA, we are at Ground Zero in January.

Isn't Collins winning handily in Maine? And why would you assume they'll win the runoffs? Much as I'd love to be proven wrong, I don't see it happening.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

Why do you seem to be under the impression that the most powerful man in the world is merely “symbolic” and the Senate is the only thing that matters? Are you aware of what the president actually does and is responsible for? It’s pretty goddamned important. This COVID crisis alone is Exhibit A of how a president’s response to a crisis can make or break a nation, for example.

I swear, the way you talk it's like you think POTUS is just a “head of state” like the Queen of England or something instead of also head of government of the most powerful nation in the world, and Commander-in-Chief of its military and nuclear codes.

Because despite my short term attention span, I can remember four years ago and how a Republican Senate blocked everything Obama wanted to do for the majority of his tenure. McConnell is going to be very dangerous in terms of blocking legislation. Plus, with all of the anti-lockdown hysteria, the Republicans will be suing Biden over every pandemic control measure he tries to implement. With a Court that's majority hacks, they'll find a lot of success there.

Sorry, dude, I know you want to find a silver lining and rejoice that Ice Cream man melted Drumpf, but there really isn't one. There's no more punching bag for the national Democratic Party and so the Republican Party just became a lot more dangerous.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2020, 09:20:36 AM »

The term "latinx" needs to never be uttered by another Democratic politician or anyone affiliated with the Democratic party ever again. It has always felt weird to me that white liberals were imposing a term on a minority community which the the minority community seems to have no interest in.

Whatever your feelings about it, it likely had very little to do with this election result so I'm not sure why you're posting this.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 09:26:21 AM »

Dude, just stop.

Stop what

Not true.  Democrats now have 48 (and if Collins goes down in ME, that's 49).  With two Senate runoffs in GA, we are at Ground Zero in January.

Isn't Collins winning handily in Maine? And why would you assume they'll win the runoffs? Much as I'd love to be proven wrong, I don't see it happening.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies