MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:00:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 67989 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 17, 2019, 09:07:30 PM »

He's not going to win.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 11:43:17 PM »

Damn. If he wasn’t a Kennedy this response would be sooooo different. Despite my name I’m no fan of dynastic politics when the person benefiting from it is an underwhelming candidate. If he is to the right of Markey he definitely shouldn’t get it because of who his grandfather and great uncle were and because he’s young.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 10:49:36 AM »

Given that everyone apparently hates political dynasties, it is interesting that all the polling has shown Kennedy far ahead.
They love political dynasties until they actually run or win an office. Voters are fickle and have the attention span of goldfish.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 11:43:27 AM »

I was being perfectly serious, & you're not correct. Markey is the ranking member on both East Asian & Pacific Affairs as well as Environment & Public Works Oversight, & it's that latter committee that's particularly key in regards to his influence, considering Markey has been Capitol Hill's premier environmental activist since 1982.

As for Kennedy accruing real influence, I can't square him being able to do that with his obvious ambitions. We now see that his House seat was nothing more than a springboard to him, & his haste here now suggests that he feels like he needs a Senate seat sooner rather than later, so who's to say the intent here isn't to just attempt to use the Senate seat as another springboard, too, meaning he won't even wanna be in the Senate long enough to gain any real influence in the first place.

And again, no, Kennedy is not "likely to have more sway even in the short term" because, again, that's not how the Senate operates.
Regular voters don't know or care about any of this. They are going to hear the name Kennedy, swoon, and cast their ballot for him. Voters are mindless bots for the most part that sway one way or the other based on how someone makes them feel not on what they will actually do or can do. I want Markey to win but he is probably toast.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »

America thankfully has a pretty negative attitude towards aristocracy.
IDK about that.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 02:47:13 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2020, 03:16:57 AM by #Joemala2020 »

I think this is not going to be close at all and all the handwringing about Nancy Pelosi endorsing JKIII will be for naught.

He comes across as a dweeb. He doesn't have what JFK/RFK had. But I don't live in MA... maybe that name is enough up there.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 10:42:26 PM »

I will preface this by saying that I didn’t care about who won the primary. Don’t bring up my username. Roll Eyes

Now that this is over, the Markey stans did the absolute most demonizing Kennedy for running. You can support someone else in a primary without having to turn the other person into Satan. Now hopefully Markey will turn the Green New Deal into an actual cohesive policy/bill instead of a slogan low info Bernie stans regurgitate on Twitter.

*ducks from tomatoes*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies