WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:59:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI-SEN 2022 Megathread: Who stole my cheese?  (Read 67506 times)
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« on: October 23, 2020, 10:49:55 AM »

Pretty weak candidate. Lost WI-8 in a landslide in 2016.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 11:27:18 AM »

I'm guessing Ron Kind or Mark Pocan runs, and they'd definitely be better candidates. Both would definitely start out as underdogs, though, and Democrats would probably need this to be an atypical midterm to have a real shot here. Anyone who knows me know I'm no fan of Johnson, but he won't be easy to beat at all in a Democratic midterm.

Also, man, I miss Feingold.

I could see Dem leadership preferring a Greenfield-like candidate here rather than a sitting member of Congress - they won't want Kind vacating his seat in a Biden midterm, and Pocan vacating could create a crowded, messy primary in a seat that a squad-type could certainly win.

I don’t like the idea at all of taking people like Kind, Axne, and Finkenbuar out of swing House seats for a very uphill Senate run.

I also don’t like the idea of taking Katie Porter out of a swing House seat for Kamala Harris’ Senate seat as pretty much any Dem can win California without costing Dems a House seat (although I think they need to replace Harris with a woman of color).

Odds are, Kind, Axne, and Finkenauer are DOA in a Biden midterm anyway. If we're gonna lose their sets anyway, we might as well try and get a Senate seat out of it.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 03:24:13 PM »

he might be too liberal to win, I think Kind or Barnes(maybe?) has the best shot

Well, Tammy Baldwin is progressive as well. Am I wrong to assume Pocan has similar appeal than her? Wisconsin is kinda weird, as they seem fine to elect conservative Republicans and progressive Democrats. I think the best way to go here is run sort of a #populist candidate.

This is a true sentiment. The state reelected Bob La Follette and six years later voted for Joe McCarthy. La Follette, Feingold, and Baldwin are all part of a long line of progressive Senators from Wisconsin. Pocan would be a fitting addition to that list.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 01:28:33 PM »

Congratulations on winning back the Treasurer's office, Republicans.

To be fair, they probably would have anyway.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 11:01:38 AM »

Hot damn! This is what Democratic Party unity looks like. This is like deja vu of the days after the SC primary of 2020 lol.

Except this is actually a good thing. And I thought Buttigieg and co. dropped out prior to SC, although I may be misremembering.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies