Confirmation Hearing: IBNU for Secretary of State (Confirmed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:36:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: IBNU for Secretary of State (Confirmed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: IBNU for Secretary of State (Confirmed)  (Read 3778 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« on: July 14, 2021, 03:58:19 PM »

I will be voting for the nominee. I believe IBNU the energy, commitment and knowledge to do well in the role. Having worked for a long time with my own Secretary of State and the NSC, it is a different position from an elected office-holding position. He does not need to be involved in the day to day politics, he has the necessary foreign policy interest and knowledge. Furthermore, I know that the allegations that IBNU was bribed are false. Sev won IBNU's vote and the election because he was the better candidate. IBNU in fact asked me after the election if Sev would appoint a bipartisan cabinet, it was very clear that he was not already guaranteed a position. The election is over and should not be relitigated in this debate. Partisan cabinet votes are inappropriate, in Atlasia we need to select nominees on their merits. Just as has been done in the past, we should continue to bring people together from across the aisle. The nominee has put himself forward and has demonstrated potential, so we should give him a fair chance. That is why he has my full support.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 03:30:32 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies