Opinion of J.K. Rowling (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:24:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of J.K. Rowling (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of J.K. Rowling?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 109

Author Topic: Opinion of J.K. Rowling  (Read 5855 times)
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« on: September 17, 2020, 11:18:32 PM »

HP for her books but FF for her opinions on transsexuality.
Jalawest2

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 06:53:01 PM »

Worth mentioning that Reduction in Mental Health Treatment Utilization Among Transgender Individuals After Gender-Affirming Surgeries: A Total Population Study was broadly criticized for widespread methodological issues, and should be more properly titled No Reduction in Mental Health Treatment Utilization Among Transgender Individuals After Gender-Affirming Surgeries: A Total Population Study. The evidence that sex-change surgeries help people with gender dysphoria is not very strong despite intense pressure from activists.
Jalawest2

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 10:41:54 PM »

Worth mentioning that Reduction in Mental Health Treatment Utilization Among Transgender Individuals After Gender-Affirming Surgeries: A Total Population Study was broadly criticized for widespread methodological issues, and should be more properly titled No Reduction in Mental Health Treatment Utilization Among Transgender Individuals After Gender-Affirming Surgeries: A Total Population Study. The evidence that sex-change surgeries help people with gender dysphoria is not very strong despite intense pressure from activists.

Part of this is because society, in general, just isn't that good to trans people.

Partly, it's because we have an even harder time accepting masculine women and especially feminine men. If people were allowed to be whoever they wanted and were not boxed in by gender, perhaps fewer people would feel the need to change genders in order to fit these silly societal ideas on gender roles.

Take this scenario -

Billy puts on makeup at age 6

Mom - Don't do that, makeup is for girls

Now Billy thinks maybe he's a girl instead of just a boy who enjoys makeup.
Billy might also be influenced by the nonsense idea that boys can actually be girls and vice versa. Biological sex is clear, immutable and binary.
Jalawest2

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 11:46:29 PM »

Part of this is because society, in general, just isn't that good to trans people.

Partly, it's because we have an even harder time accepting masculine women and especially feminine men. If people were allowed to be whoever they wanted and were not boxed in by gender, perhaps fewer people would feel the need to change genders in order to fit these silly societal ideas on gender roles.

Take this scenario -

Billy puts on makeup at age 6

Mom - Don't do that, makeup is for girls

Now Billy thinks maybe he's a girl instead of just a boy who enjoys makeup.

Billy might also be influenced by the nonsense idea that boys can actually be girls and vice versa. Biological sex is clear, immutable and binary.

I doubt that Billy will undertake SRS only because her Mom's advice. Billy could be a She (transgender) or  a He (a boy who enjoys make up). In any case Billy does no harm to society, but society harms Billy. The same rules for Tom Boy, although masculine women and trans men are relatively less mistreated by patriarchal society.  Gender expressions like using lipstick or wearing baggy trousers are unrelated to biology. The claim on biological sex are a clear sign of ignorance, on the other hand. Sexes are not always binary, clear and immutable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
If he has a Y chromosome, he's a man. If she doesn't, she's a woman. Gender is a nonsensical social construct.
Jalawest2

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2020, 06:21:14 PM »

If he has a Y chromosome, he's a man. If she doesn't, she's a woman. Gender is a nonsensical social construct.
For someone who thinks that gender is sex, riddle me this. I'm up to my neck in gender, but I've never had sex. Got any explanation for that?
Gender does not exist. It is a social construct invented by ideologues and pushed on children, and a healthy society would resist this ideology.
Jalawest2

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 07:07:47 PM »

For someone who thinks that gender is sex, riddle me this. I'm up to my neck in gender, but I've never had sex. Got any explanation for that?
Gender does not exist. It is a social construct invented by ideologues and pushed on children, and a healthy society would resist this ideology.
Are you implying society doesn't "resist" this "ideology"? Tell you what, you explain to me what a "healthy society" would do for people like me.
Therapy focused on addressing the issues causing dysphoria or autogynephilia, instead of leaping automatically to surgery.
Jalawest2

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2020, 10:06:12 PM »

Are you implying society doesn't "resist" this "ideology"? Tell you what, you explain to me what a "healthy society" would do for people like me.
Therapy focused on addressing the issues causing dysphoria or autogynephilia, instead of leaping automatically to surgery.
So the status quo? I don't think anybody performs SRS at a whim. (And I'm not even gonna touch the whole "autogynephilia" thing even though it's experienced in as few as 28% and as many as 93% of cis women.)
Autogynephilia is not harmful when it does not manifest as the desire for expensive and irreversible surgery that demands everyone else play along.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies