ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:15:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-Senate 2024: Return of the King?  (Read 3298 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« on: November 14, 2022, 03:06:50 PM »

Discuss the Maine senate race here.

Angus King said he will decide early next year whether to run for reelection.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/05/senate-dems-reelection-00060062

Jared Golden seems the obvious choice to run to replace him should he would retire and he would likely win by a large margin. Similarly I expect King should he run to win rather comfortably.

Another democrat may have more of a race of their hands.   

Why any Democrat would vote for a DINO like Jared Golden in a statewide Democratic primary in Maine is a mystery.  No surprise that Republicans are already trying gaslight us into thinking that we need him to win statewide in Maine.

I think Golden would be a great nominee.  He's a centrist yes, but Maine is a centrist state (Who's the other Senator from Maine again?).  Golden knows how to win elections, and he'd be a reliable vote for all the important stuff in the Senate.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 11:52:52 AM »

Discuss the Maine senate race here.

Angus King said he will decide early next year whether to run for reelection.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/05/senate-dems-reelection-00060062

Jared Golden seems the obvious choice to run to replace him should he would retire and he would likely win by a large margin. Similarly I expect King should he run to win rather comfortably.

Another democrat may have more of a race of their hands.  

Why any Democrat would vote for a DINO like Jared Golden in a statewide Democratic primary in Maine is a mystery.  No surprise that Republicans are already trying gaslight us into thinking that we need him to win statewide in Maine.

I think Golden would be a great nominee.  He's a centrist yes, but Maine is a centrist state (Who's the other Senator from Maine again?).  Golden knows how to win elections, and he'd be a reliable vote for all the important stuff in the Senate.

Roll Eyes

This man was also supposedly a reliable vote:

Manchin votes with Biden 89.1% of the time, having the highest net pro-Biden score given how conservative the state he represents is (according to 538) and w/o Manchin, McConnell would have been Maj Ldr from 2021-23.

Yes, a conservative like Manchin is tolerable from West Virginia, not from Maine.

This talk about Manchin being a conservative is nuts.  He's been there reliably for all the big Democratic votes.  He's put up no road blocks to the rapid confirmation of liberal judges across the country.  He saved progressives in the party from themselves by scaling back the House's Build Back Better bill, which was very poorly designed and would have pushed inflation significantly higher in the short term.  His theatrics get annoying, but ideologically Manchin is a pretty generic centrist.  Maine should be more than happy to get a Senator like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies