Do you believe the Oklahoma City bombing was connected to al-Qaeda? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:14:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you believe the Oklahoma City bombing was connected to al-Qaeda? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe the Oklahoma City bombing was connected to al-Qaeda?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Do you believe the Oklahoma City bombing was connected to al-Qaeda?  (Read 2873 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: August 27, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »

Nope.  Just a bunch of nutjob whities.

I remember talking to a guy once who would have whole-heartedly supported McVeigh's actions, if the bomb hadn't also destroyed a creche with children in it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 08:24:19 AM »
« Edited: August 29, 2006, 08:28:48 AM by Joe Republic »

I wouldn't mind seeing your rationale for 'leaning yes'.  Also, I would never have figured you as a conspiracy theorist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 04:59:50 AM »

I wouldn't mind seeing your rationale for 'leaning yes'.  Also, I would never have figured you as a conspiracy theorist.

Why would Al Qaeda teaching if not possibly funding some nutty ass white supremacists be considered a "conspiracy"? Their may have been a third bomber who was never caught and its' been discussed that McVeigh may have travelled overseas to majority Islam nations.

Without any actual proof of that, I'm still going to label it a nutty conspiracy theory in the vein of "Bush planned 9/11".  I've bolded some words in your post to emphasize what I mean.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 05:17:59 AM »

Similarly, the 9/11 attacks were initially blamed on Palestinian terrorists, rather than a wider ranging Muslim group.  And just like Oklahoma City, that was quickly debunked when the group's claims appeared to be fraudulent and nonsensical.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies