Puerto Rico? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:21:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Puerto Rico? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Puerto Rico?  (Read 7617 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 10, 2004, 06:02:28 PM »

Had Puerto Rico been a state at the time of the last census it would have received 6 Representatives and NC, CA, OH, FL, IA, and GA would have each received one less represebtative as they were the recipients of the six last representatives using the method of equal proportions that the law specifies.  The webpage that best explains this that I have found is not surprisingly on the Census Bureau's website.  The priority number for PR's 6th representative is 695,354 which would make him the 414th Representative assigned.  The priority number for the 435th Reprsenative (8th Minnesota) would be 658,220 and the priority number for PR's 7th Representative is 587,681 which while I don't know exactly where on the list it would place him, would be well below a lot of others.  
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 09:55:51 PM »

No, I would issue them an ultimatum, become a state or get out.  Why do the Ricans get their own Olympics team?  
So that our basketball team can get humilated by them instead of another country. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies