The Coming Evangelical Collapse (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:01:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The Coming Evangelical Collapse (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Coming Evangelical Collapse  (Read 5515 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: December 21, 2021, 03:17:10 AM »

Evangelicalism is set for a drop off similar to the mainline Protestant churches

Taking some points from the above article, evangelicalism is set for a big drop off in the next few decades largely because they are doing a terrible job of retaining their young people.

While I think the long term future is bright for the religious in general, due to their higher birth rates, I'm not optimistic about evangelicals. Evangelicals simply aren't doing a good job of producing young people who will stay in the faith. I don't think this is all to do with their position on evolution (for every reddit atheist type, there are many who just sort of fade away from the church), but rather they aren't producing a deep religious commitment built on a solid foundation.

I realize this is an old post, but do higher birth rates really matter? (assuming you are talking about the US and/or Canada here as opposed to any worldwide trends)

Having higher birth rates isn't worth that much if those kids aren't going to stay evangelical/religious. They are also not going to matter in Canada if all those young religious people happen to all be Christians in Subsaharan Africa and muslims in the Middle East
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies