Could anyone Dem. nominee do better than Biden? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:53:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Could anyone Dem. nominee do better than Biden? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Could anyone Dem. nominee do better than Biden?  (Read 2577 times)
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« on: October 02, 2021, 08:10:36 AM »

I sometimes wonder what could have been if Jason Kander had won in 2016.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 01:10:43 PM »

I sometimes wonder what could have been if Jason Kander had won in 2016.
If Jason Kander won in 2016, everyone in the party would be begging him to stay in the senate. Why throw away a senate seat and let a republican governor pick his replacment

This can only happen if Kander wins in 2016 and Democrats do even better in 2018 and win the senate. If we assume Kander wins and Doug Jones wins in Alabama in 2017, this means 50-50 senate. Democrats would need to win 1-2 seats in the midterms.

This means picking up seats like NV and AZ. They are going to lose Indiana and North Dakota. I suppose Bill Nelson can win Florida since it was 0.12% margin. And lets say Clair wins Missouri from Kander supportors.

Democrats now have a 52 seat majority. Kander might run since he won't cost Democrats the majority

Chris Koster could have picked his replacement. If you're butterflyeffecting a Kander victory, you might as well butterfly Koster too, he only ran two points behind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies