SENATE BILL: Fix the Regions Amendment Take Two (Sent to the Regions) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:19:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Fix the Regions Amendment Take Two (Sent to the Regions) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Fix the Regions Amendment Take Two (Sent to the Regions)  (Read 3132 times)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 15, 2013, 04:25:58 PM »

I like this.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »

It is absolutely important that the consent of the regions being changed is required. If certain regions are abolished against the will of their citizens, there will be a lot of discontent. And that's a recipe for disaster. Thus, clause three should be amended to read as follows again:

"The consent of the Regions being changed is required."
So that you can block any attempt at regional reform? This amendment would make the amendment useless.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »

If we are going to make changes and create a new functional Atlasia, this is our time. I have learned to love my region, but as a Regional Executive I am willing to destroy it to create new regions so we can help improve the game.

Each of the Atlasian Governors has pledged to "preserve, protect and defend" the Constitutions of our respective regions. We must not forget that.

As for Governor PJ's post, all I can say is that I don't have the power to block anything as I'm just an ordinary voter in a region made up of nearly 50 citizens. What I demand, however, is that the voice of every single Atlasian region is heard and taken seriously. If a majority of citizens in a region don't want their region to be dissolved we must respect that. Nothing is more harmful for a political simulation like Atlasia than forcing such radical changes down the throat of a large number of players. You simply risk losing many active players this way. The question is: Can Atlasia afford that? My answer to that question is no, and I therefore urge the Senate to defeat this amendment unless it includes a clause which states that the consent of the regions being changed is required.
I misunderstood the clause of the amendment, which isn't your fault, but it does not specify via public referendum.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 11:46:39 PM »

Hallelujah! Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies