2020 GE Official Precinct Results Sources by State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:49:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 GE Official Precinct Results Sources by State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: 2020 GE Official Precinct Results Sources by State  (Read 30612 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2020, 12:10:45 AM »

12/1/20: Wisconsin Update

Link added to master directory at the top of the thread.

Wisconsin just dumped a comprehensive precinct data set (As they usually do following certification) and posted it in their usual location:

https://elections.wi.gov/elections-voting/results

Scroll down the list and you can grab the numbers in an Excel Format "Ward by Ward-President of the United States- Under Recount"

Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2020, 12:14:27 AM »

lycoming county pa released their precinct results, biden flipped williamsport, biden wins 5,344 to 5,275
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2020, 08:39:57 PM »

TEXAS

Texas 2020 Precinct Election Results are Here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17RamU8sOERU8jM22X-rchIOeClbtZTOz?usp=sharing

An index of previous elections is here (it includes a link to the 2020 GE as well).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vxIpkpMF_Io93hHWv9l5o6c4zfQr8H1t?usp=sharing

It includes a combination of xls, pdf, csv, and txt files. Each county uploads their own.

The 2018 general election appears to be missing 71 counties mostly smaller.

The 2020 file is a work in progress. Counties have until December 7 to upload their files.

21 of the 71 counties that did not upload in 2018, have uploaded in 2020, while many of the larger counties have not done so yet. Maybe they are working at getting better compliance.

In smaller counties, the county clerk is The elections department as well as other duties. Preparing the electronic results may actually involve keying the results into a spreadsheet.

I'll work to get the format of the txt file and csv files.

Excellent work ferreting these out!

I have gone ahead and updated the master index at the top of the thread to link to the GoogleDrive site, and also hyperlinked to your post for your additional comments / context.

Question for you (and anyone else interested) should I delete the TX County list post as part of thread maintenance, or keep it around as a backup in case something happens to the Google Drive site?
The bigger counties (Top 4, and 9 of 14 haven't uploaded to the SOS website, but have been found on the county web sites, so I would keep the county links for now.

The precinct results are public information (it is a statutory requirement for the counties and SOS) so they won't be lost. I'm going to suggest they add a link to the SOS ELection Results web site. If they do, we can get rid of the cryptic Google Drive link.

In 2019, they added some requirements for county election officials to provide listings of polling locations, etc. on county websites. It was pointed out that not all counties have a website, and there are areas without any sort of broadband internet service. Anyone who doesn't know that early voting is at the courthouse, and that Bessie Mae takes off for lunch from 12:00 to 1 pm, is a stranger in town. If it were really urgent, you can find her at the Cafe. So they ended up having the counties upload polling locations and days and hours of operation to the SOS website. Now you can go to the SOS and find out that early voting is at the courthouse from 9-5 M-F.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2020, 08:45:02 PM »

Wisconsin just dumped a comprehensive precinct data set (As they usually do following certification) and posted it in their usual location:

Scroll down the list and you can grab the numbers in an Excel Format "Ward by Ward-President of the United States- Under Recount"

It does not appear that Dane or Milwaukee counties have been updated yet.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2020, 12:15:42 AM »

Nice catch.... had only briefly glanced through the document, since have been working on a few other items, and WI just posted.

I'm assuming they will update that in a "Post Recount" link?

Now it does look like for Milwaukee County they are missing the City itself, but have results for Franklin, Greendale, Oak Creek, and Hales Corner, which is interesting why include / exclude certain parts of a County under recount?

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2020, 12:22:49 AM »

@NOVA New Jersey does have an option to view each municipality by county, it just isn’t up yet. I realize that isn’t precinct level per se, but it’s the next best thing.

[.) There are certain States which do not provide any type of centralized system (CA, UT, TX, MO, IN, PA, NJ, NY), where County level reporting is the only game in town.
I've got an update on TX. They're not like CA or NY.

4.) Maine is just weird, and maybe somebody can help sort me out on this.

I am assuming a City as large as Portland has Wards, in which case by my book even if that is lowest level of reporting would be the closest thing to a "precinct" for a decent sized town?
Maine elections are administered by each town (or city). Portland has election results reported for each polling place (it has 5 wards, and two or three polling places per ward. BUT most of the votes are listed as "CP" (about 27K for CP and 6K for the precincts).

You might not be able to get anything more useful for Maine than for towns (cities) even if you scanned the city web sites.

Thanks cg41386 and jimrtex

So probably what I will do, is use my last placeholder at the top of the thread and add links for:

1.) NJ Results by Municipality
2.) ME Results by Town
3.) California Supplement to the Statement of Votes Cast (Municipal Breakdowns)

Any other places anyone can think of that I'm missing which would be logical candidates for miscellaneous "Municipal Breakdown" results?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2020, 12:25:37 AM »

12/2/20: Tennessee Update:

https://sos-tn-gov-files.tnsosfiles.com/Nov%202020%20General%20by%20Precinct.pdf

Link updated at the top of the thread index.

@ExtremeRepublican if you aren't already aware, this is what you have been waiting for!

100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2020, 12:50:58 AM »

12/2/20: Tennessee Update:

https://sos-tn-gov-files.tnsosfiles.com/Nov%202020%20General%20by%20Precinct.pdf

Link updated at the top of the thread index.

@ExtremeRepublican if you aren't already aware, this is what you have been waiting for!

Hoping to do a deep dive into Williamson County this weekend.  Already did calculations for my precinct (swung from Trump +29 in 2016 to Trump +18 in 2020...but the House went from Green +23 in 2018 to Green +30 in 2020), but I want to see how my "Core Brentwood/Franklin" vs. Other Suburban vs. Rural divide held up in Williamson- and where downballot Republicans overperformed the most.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2020, 12:20:42 PM »

Can this get stickied?  I keep going to this thread for precinct results but it keeps going to page 2.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2020, 12:58:31 PM »

Nice catch.... had only briefly glanced through the document, since have been working on a few other items, and WI just posted.

I'm assuming they will update that in a "Post Recount" link?

Now it does look like for Milwaukee County they are missing the City itself, but have results for Franklin, Greendale, Oak Creek, and Hales Corner, which is interesting why include / exclude certain parts of a County under recount?

There is now a file at the bottom called "Ward by Ward Report PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES by State Representive District - After Recount.xlsx" that has everything up today.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2020, 02:16:33 AM »

California- 12/7/20 Update:

Now that California is certified we are starting to see the usual dumps of County Level Updates for precinct results.

I updated the links on the California directory upthread along with a few notes as needed for various counties.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=412981.msg7770737#msg7770737

Latest updates added (29) Counties to the Index:

Calaveras
Contra Costa
Fresno
Humboldt
Imperial
Kings
Lake
Los Angeles
Madera
Mendocino
Monterey
Napa
Placer
Plumas
Riverside
San Benito
San Bernardino
San Diego
San Joaquin
San Luis Obispo
Santa Cruz
Sierra
Siskiyou
Solano
Stanislaus
Trinity
Tulare
Tuolumne
Yuba

Here is the current state of counties where I have not yet provided link to official precinct results (Please as always feel free to chime in if you have seen a few missing from the master list, so that I can update the directory upthread).

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2020, 02:42:49 AM »

12/7/20 Update:

Alabama apparently dumped all of their precinct results while I was snoozing (or bird dogging around the wrong hunting grounds!)

https://www.sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes/voter/election-data

*** Scroll down a couple notches on your mouse, and click on "General Election Results - Precinct Level" and tap on the download button, and you will get a massive zip file, where you can go county by county and manipulate data in an Excel format. That is what I call Southern Hospitality!!!!   ***

Now I can examine election results from Auburn and Tuscaloosa for US PRES & SEN Elections!   Wink
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2020, 03:23:51 AM »

Did Kansas go the way of Kentucky in 2020 with Precinct Results?

Sure, I was expecting them to update later as they did in 2018, but additionally it appears that they may have deleted their Previous Precinct Results.

@RI or (anyone else trying to find precinct results from the official State Election agencies), is this simply a glitch or do we need to go back to the County by County system for pulling precinct numbers?

Don't feel like needlessly wasting some hours from my life linking to every single county reporting agency, if we are going to get the goodies in January 2021 (Like we did in Jan 2019), but I'm a bit concerned if they wiped the 2018 GE Precinct data set from their links.

mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2020, 03:57:36 AM »

12/7/20 Update:

Alabama apparently dumped all of their precinct results while I was snoozing (or bird dogging around the wrong hunting grounds!)

https://www.sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes/voter/election-data

*** Scroll down a couple notches on your mouse, and click on "General Election Results - Precinct Level" and tap on the download button, and you will get a massive zip file, where you can go county by county and manipulate data in an Excel format. That is what I call Southern Hospitality!!!!   ***

Now I can examine election results from Auburn and Tuscaloosa for US PRES & SEN Elections!   Wink

For Jefferson County, do you know which precincts are predominately in Birmingham vs. rest of county.  For Madison county, which are Huntsville, which are Mobile for Mobile county and which are Montgomery for Montgomery county.  Since they go by voting place, go for ones where voting station is in the municipality even if some in precinct go outside boundary, otherwise just want to get approximate not exact.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2020, 12:36:58 PM »

Did Kansas go the way of Kentucky in 2020 with Precinct Results?

Sure, I was expecting them to update later as they did in 2018, but additionally it appears that they may have deleted their Previous Precinct Results.

@RI or (anyone else trying to find precinct results from the official State Election agencies), is this simply a glitch or do we need to go back to the County by County system for pulling precinct numbers?

I've contacted KS but have not yet heard anything.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2020, 12:08:19 AM »

Maryland- 12/9/20 now has detailed precinct results available!

Link added to the Master directory upthread.

https://www.elections.maryland.gov/elections/2020/election_data/index.html

*** Scroll down and you will see "Statewide Breakdown / County Breakdown By"...

Choose by precinct depending upon if you want the entire Statewide data-set or just a County data-set and scroll over and click on "General" and it will download in an Excel format file type. ***

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2020, 12:59:45 AM »

I am getting impatient waiting for certain States to update centralized sources so decided to expand my terrain slightly, and hopefully am not wasting too much time locating links for data, which will be posted elsewhere shortly.

Nevada- Counties/City Reporting by Precinct 6/17 reporting:

*** Added link at the post at the top of the thread to Counties reporting precinct results outside of centralized Statewide sites ***

Carson City:

https://www.carson.org/government/departments-a-f/clerk-recorder/elections-department/election-results-and-historical-information

Clark County:

https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/government/departments/elections/past_elections.php

*** Select the 2020 General Election, and then under "type of information" select "statement of votes cast" ***

Douglas County:

https://cltr.douglasnv.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Official-2020-General-Election-Results.pdf

Elko County:

https://www.elkocountynv.net/2020%20General%20Canvass%20and%20Abstract%20of%20the%20Vote.pdf

Nye County:

https://www.nyecounty.net/DocumentCenter/View/37739/November-3-2020-Unofficial-General-Election-Results

*** Scroll down to around page 7 to start viewing ***

Washoe County:

https://www.washoecounty.us/voters/elections/2020-general-election-results.php
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2020, 07:50:47 AM »

11/30/20 Update- Colorado:

Colorado is now added to the master list directory upthread.

It's a bit tricky right now, so follow along closely:

1.) Go to this Site:

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CO/105975/web.264614/#/access-to-races

2.) Scroll down and select your County:   (I chose Boulder just because I felt like it), and you will see something like the following:

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CO/Boulder/105983/web.264614/#/summary?v=272317%2F&voteType=All&precinct=2171207200&party=All

3.) Towards the Top of the page a bit far down on the right-hand site you will see a Filter button.

4.) Now you will see a "Vote Type Filter" box (Where All is the only category available).

This is fine Colorado is an all VbM state, so every vote is an "election day vote".

5.) You will also see a box directly to the right of the "vote type filter" box, which has a drag down menu.

This menu consists of a series of large numbers.

Each of these numbers corresponds to an election precinct.

6.) I chose 2171207200   (Just because I felt like it)....

Sure enough I see Biden at (458) Votes vs (143) Trump with  a total of (610) votes.

7.) I cross check against my 2016 Colorado Precinct Data Excel Set, and that same precinct went HRC (378) vs Trump (149) with a total of (569) Votes.

Again, not all counties might be available yet, and looks some results aren't certified for one county statewide because of a COVID outbreak.

I *believe* that Colorado a bit later will dump an entire Excel file for download including precinct data, but hey at least we got something to work with for now.

Enjoy!!!!

Yeah this is one of the most unintuitive things ever. I mean, it's better than not having results but still, it's only good if you want to check individual precincts results just like you did, but compiling an entire county's results would take forever. I did Broomfield county, which, even though it's a small county, has 37 precincts. More populated ones have hundreds of those. Good luck with those.

I'm trying to do a map of the Denver urban area, and while Adams and Jefferson counties released their precinct results in comprehensive Excel spreadsheets, the other counties haven't. So it seems I'll have to wait until the CO SOS uploads the Excel file.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2020, 11:42:49 AM »

I am getting impatient waiting for certain States to update centralized sources so decided to expand my terrain slightly, and hopefully am not wasting too much time locating links for data, which will be posted elsewhere shortly.

*** Added link at the post at the top of the thread to Counties reporting precinct results outside of centralized Statewide sites ***

Carson City:

https://www.carson.org/government/departments-a-f/clerk-recorder/elections-department/election-results-and-historical-information

Clark County:

https://www.clarkcountynv.gov/government/departments/elections/past_elections.php

*** Select the 2020 General Election, and then under "type of information" select "statement of votes cast" ***

Douglas County:

https://cltr.douglasnv.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Official-2020-General-Election-Results.pdf

Elko County:

https://www.elkocountynv.net/2020%20General%20Canvass%20and%20Abstract%20of%20the%20Vote.pdf

Nye County:

https://www.nyecounty.net/DocumentCenter/View/37739/November-3-2020-Unofficial-General-Election-Results

Washoe County:

Anyone able to code Washoe County and get breakdown by city.  Curious what Reno, Sparks results were.

For Clark county, if someone can give me precinct #'s for Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Paradise, and Henderson, I can calculate those.  Especially curious if Trump held Henderson or Biden flipped it. 
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2020, 02:29:19 PM »

Carson City:

Clark County:

Douglas County:

Elko County:

Nye County:

Washoe County:

You can find most of NV's results here (2 counties are still missing): https://www.nvsos.gov/electionresults/PrecinctReport.aspx

Also Skye, I've pulled down all of CO's precinct results, so I can upload a map of the Denver area, if you're interested.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2020, 02:42:55 PM »

Carson City:

Clark County:

Douglas County:

Elko County:

Nye County:

Washoe County:

You can find most of NV's results here (2 counties are still missing): https://www.nvsos.gov/electionresults/PrecinctReport.aspx

Also Skye, I've pulled down all of CO's precinct results, so I can upload a map of the Denver area, if you're interested.

How did you do that??? Anyways, the map is almost done, only Arapahoe is left. I emailed the county, but it was like just a few hours ago, I haven't gotten any response.

I want to do the map myself (since it's for practicing with QGIS) so if you could email me the results of Arapahoe county I'd really appreciate that!
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2020, 03:08:36 PM »

Carson City:

Clark County:

Douglas County:

Elko County:

Nye County:

Washoe County:

Thanks RI for proving that!!!

I've updated the master state directory to reflect that link.

I'll probably keep the other post open until Carson City and Esmeralda Counties update and delete after to clean up the thread.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2020, 03:27:58 PM »

Connecticut- 12/10/20- Precinct Results Available:

https://ctemspublic.pcctg.net/#/reports

*** Select the Town you want to download on the left, tick PRES Election box, and click the Town polling place box and it will download in a CSV format ***

(I chose Hartford to test and got multiple precincts).
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2020, 12:44:02 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2020, 12:54:53 AM by jimrtex »

Edit: Two more counties have reported to the SOS. I have spoilered them.

The Secretary of State now has precinct results from most of the counties we had identified on county websites. I have spoilered those counties, so that we still have the county links if we need to go back to them.

There are still 85 counties missing from the SOS website. But there is a file: pctcpct_dataentry... that appears to be precinct results from a bunch of smaller counties, 29 of which there is no separate file from the county (but there are few counties that are both in this file, and with a separate county file). I don't know if they differ, or which is authoritative.

Along with 8 counties which have precinct results on the county website, but not uploaded to the SOS website, we are down to 48 counties. The only one of much size is Nueces. I'm pretty sure we have 95%+ of all votes, maybe even more.

Texas:- 34/254 Counties

11/29/20 Update:- Added Bastrop, Bexar, Brazoria, Comal, Gregg, Henderson, Hunt, Parker, Potter,  Rockwall, Victoria, Walker, and Williamson.

Thanks jimrtex for tracking these down!!!!

Here is a link to his post, where there is some additional information posted which I did not include in the directory, but well worth reviewing for updates:

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=412981.msg7800897#msg7800897

11/22/20- Added Bell, Brazos, Ellis, Galveston, Guadalupe, Hays, Jefferson, Lubbock, McLennan, Montgomery, Webb

Adding a few of the largest counties just for starters. (I'll keep adding to the list. Back in 2018 I believe I was only able to track down about 50% of the Counties in Texas for official online precinct results)

Spoiler alert! Click Show to show the content.

Bexar:

PDF:

https://www.bexar.org/DocumentCenter/View/28533/November-3-2020-General-Election-by-Precinct

Text File:

https://www.bexar.org/DocumentCenter/View/28546/November-3-2020-General-Election-by-Precinct-Text-File

Text File Format:

https://www.bexar.org/DocumentCenter/View/28547/Election-by-Precinct-Text-File-Layout

El Paso County:

https://el-paso-county-elections.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/files/000/003/188/original/Official_Final_Precinct_by_Precinct_Results.pdf?1605641831

Fort Bend County:

https://www.fortbendcountytx.gov/home/showdocument?id=56566

Hunt County:

http://www.huntcounty.net/page/hunt.election

Montgomery County:

http://elections.mctx.org/pdf/GEN110320/Unofficial%20Precinct%20Report.pdf?ts=88346

Rockwall County:

https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Rockwall/

Select results for November 2020 General Election. Precinct results are available by clicking on view contest detail.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2020, 02:44:54 PM »

12/11/20--- Iowa has finally updated!!!

https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/results/precinctvotetotals2020general.html

*** Select your county and download into an Excel format ***
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to: