Democrats: Who is more disappointing?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:57:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats: Who is more disappointing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Well?
Kyrsten Sinema

John Fetterman

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Democrats: Who is more disappointing?  (Read 656 times)
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2024, 06:03:47 PM »

I'll say Fetterman, just because the expectations were higher due to him campaigning as a strong progressive. How about you all?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2024, 06:29:29 PM »

Sinema, not even close!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2024, 06:36:22 PM »

Barack Obama.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2024, 10:20:10 PM »

Sinema. Fetterman is still by and large a mainstream Democrat, and thus I have no reason to be disappointed.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2024, 11:05:38 PM »

You.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2024, 11:48:44 PM »

Fetterman is definitely more disappointing over a shorter time scale.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2024, 08:46:23 AM »

The people who hate Fetterman are mostly the type of people that thinks are zionists that aren´t either jewish or conservative evangelicals only support the existance of the Israel because they are paid a lot by AIPAC.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2024, 09:01:43 AM »

The one who derailed major parts of Biden's agenda.
They not like us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2024, 09:05:50 AM »

The one who's not a Democrat, duh.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2024, 09:21:04 AM »

The people who hate Fetterman are mostly the type of people that thinks are zionists that aren´t either jewish or conservative evangelicals only support the existance of the Israel because they are paid a lot by AIPAC.

We aren’t? I know I for one would be out there with the student protesters chanting about genocide if my AIPAC checks stopped coming in.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2024, 09:48:10 AM »

Fetterman is only a disappointment if you care about Israel/Palestine. Sinema was a con-artist through and through.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2024, 09:58:14 AM »

Both are extremely disappointing, but I'd have to say Sinema, as I had moderately high expectations from her. Her transformation from a far left wing activist to Mitt Romney is the most bizarre I've ever seen in politics.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2024, 03:20:23 PM »

Actually it's somewhat close, but only because I had very high expectations for Fetterman and very low expectations for Sinema. Still voted for Sinema but that might change.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2024, 06:00:01 PM »

Fetterman is definitely more disappointing over a shorter time scale.

Silence, Republican!
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2024, 08:41:30 PM »

Outside of far leftists being pissed at Fetterman about his stance on Israel, how has Fetterman been a disappointment for Democrats?
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2024, 10:43:06 PM »

Is this even a question?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2024, 12:44:23 AM »

Fetterman

Sinema is difference of opinion, agree to disagree

Fetterman is actively cheering genocide.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2024, 02:29:29 AM »

Most people on the left want to save the world. All the kitchen table issues that they pretend to care about go out the window when the right foreign issue comes up.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2024, 06:48:32 AM »

Fetterman wins by default. Sinema as a whole wasn't really disappointing to me at all.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2024, 06:02:35 AM »

Actually it's somewhat close, but only because I had very high expectations for Fetterman and very low expectations for Sinema. Still voted for Sinema but that might change.

Can you name three non-Israel policy issues where Fetterman has been disappointing to you?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2024, 06:13:06 AM »

Can you name three non-Israel policy issues where Fetterman has been disappointing to you?

This was pretty sh*tty.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2024, 07:01:23 AM »

This was pretty sh*tty.

Was it though?  Two random activist with a group that has been constantly attacking him show up and ambush him as he’s leaving his office.  One starts recording him while the other launches into a clearly performative/bad-faith attack.  Why should Fetterman have given them the time of day or trusted them not to edit the footage?  Whatever you think of Fetterman or his handling of that, these folks clearly weren’t there in good faith.  It was a performative stunt which is fine, but Fetterman had every right to ignore them. 

In any case, not to be rude or anything, but can you name three non-Israel policy issues where Fetterman has been disappointing to you?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2024, 07:13:06 AM »

Was it though?  Two random activist with a group that has been constantly attacking him show up and ambush him as he’s leaving his office.  One starts recording him while the other launches into a clearly performative/bad-faith attack.  Why should Fetterman have given them the time of day or trusted them not to edit the footage?  Whatever you think of Fetterman or his handling of that, these folks clearly weren’t there in good faith.  It was a performative stunt which is fine, but Fetterman had every right to ignore them.

The question seemed pretty straightforward and good-faith to me. Of course there's a performative element any time you're filming someone, but so what? Having to be questioned by activists on important issues is a normal part of being a politician, and it's your job to screen out the bad faith actors while still responding to substantive questions. I didn't see you complain when it was Republican Senators getting hounded by activists for trying to repeal Obamacare, or even Sinema for her opposition to Build Back Better.

In any case, not to be rude or anything, but can you name three non-Israel policy issues where Fetterman has been disappointing to you?

No, and I don't have to to say I'm disappointed by his general behavior. Why are you being so defensive?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2024, 12:02:43 PM »

Was it though?  Two random activist with a group that has been constantly attacking him show up and ambush him as he’s leaving his office.  One starts recording him while the other launches into a clearly performative/bad-faith attack.  Why should Fetterman have given them the time of day or trusted them not to edit the footage?  Whatever you think of Fetterman or his handling of that, these folks clearly weren’t there in good faith.  It was a performative stunt which is fine, but Fetterman had every right to ignore them.

The question seemed pretty straightforward and good-faith to me. Of course there's a performative element any time you're filming someone, but so what? Having to be questioned by activists on important issues is a normal part of being a politician, and it's your job to screen out the bad faith actors while still responding to substantive questions. I didn't see you complain when it was Republican Senators getting hounded by activists for trying to repeal Obamacare, or even Sinema for her opposition to Build Back Better.

No, and I don't have to to say I'm disappointed by his general behavior. Why are you being so defensive?

And I didn’t complain when Sinema was extremely rude to those folks.  Heckling politicians in an attempt to provoke them into losing their temper and doing something dumb like Bob Etheridge did is nothing new.  Politicians have every right to ignore such people though.  It is an inherently antagonistic dynamic.  

Obviously you don’t have to name any non-Israel issues, but you basically said he was almost as bad as Sinema (a de facto Republican who worked tirelessly to try derail Biden’s agenda at every turn).  That seems like a pretty ridiculous claim if it isn’t rooted in anything more than not agreeing with Fetterman on one foreign policy issue and thinking he should be nicer to bad-faith hecklers (and I’m not even sure what he did that was supposedly so rude).  

I mean, you can believe what you want, obviously.  However, it makes it sound like you had been expecting him to share your views on every single issue and I think that’s pretty unreasonable. 
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2024, 12:05:40 PM »

The key word is disappointed, I never thought Sinema would be good, I thought Fetterman would be.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies