Obama embarrasses Biden by leading him off stage
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:45:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Obama embarrasses Biden by leading him off stage
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is Biden too old to be president?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Obama embarrasses Biden by leading him off stage  (Read 856 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2024, 09:28:46 AM »

this kind of publicity is not good for Biden. It just builds up the general electorate’s opinion that he is just too frail and old for another term. I’ve said this before and will stick to the notion that Trump is not really gaining much but it is Biden who is losing much that’s why we have a toss-up/learn R race we have today. people here in atlas may argue that Biden is not really having a cognitive decline, but let’s be honest, to an average voter who watches TV and sees this on social media they would see this as a huge liabilty which will make them hold their noses and vote for Trump.

Biden could easily put this issue to bed by taking a cognitive test and releasing the results publicly, and then demanding Trump do the same. This would, if orchestrated properly, greatly reduce the perception that he is not fit cognitively, and would put Trump on the defensive of putting up or shutting up on this issue.

Then the narrative shifts from "Biden is frail" to "Why won't Trump release the results of his test? What is he hiding"?

Biden could also take the drug test Trump is demanding, release those results, then demand Trump do the same. Trump would refuse as he is hopped up my guess on Xanax or similar pills. Biden may be on antidepressants but there is no shame in that today, and if such were revealed it might even garner him sympathy if spun the right way. No parent should bury a child, after all.

You could paint a picture very easily of a man struggling with an emotional, not cognitive issue, and yet still soldiering on in service to his country - that is admirable. That's Kennedy or Lincolnesque, both of whom struggled and suffered daily yet led confidently.

That Biden refuses to take any cognitive test or release any drug result, should say something.

“Hopped up” on Xanax? My friend I’m not sure you know what Xanax does. You seem to have mixed it up with crystal meth. Trump could actually use some Xanax.

Also I highly doubt Biden is on antidepressants. For one thing, he’s said he still has “good sex” with Jill. If you know anything about antidepressants, you know that’s implausible if he’s on them. Also given their side effects that go beyond that, it actually would be a problem if a president was on them. Not to mention pointless as studies have shown they are no better than placebo except maybe in the most severe cases.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2024, 09:32:35 AM »

this kind of publicity is not good for Biden. It just builds up the general electorate’s opinion that he is just too frail and old for another term. I’ve said this before and will stick to the notion that Trump is not really gaining much but it is Biden who is losing much that’s why we have a toss-up/learn R race we have today. people here in atlas may argue that Biden is not really having a cognitive decline, but let’s be honest, to an average voter who watches TV and sees this on social media they would see this as a huge liabilty which will make them hold their noses and vote for Trump.

Biden could easily put this issue to bed by taking a cognitive test and releasing the results publicly, and then demanding Trump do the same. This would, if orchestrated properly, greatly reduce the perception that he is not fit cognitively, and would put Trump on the defensive of putting up or shutting up on this issue.

Then the narrative shifts from "Biden is frail" to "Why won't Trump release the results of his test? What is he hiding"?

Biden could also take the drug test Trump is demanding, release those results, then demand Trump do the same. Trump would refuse as he is hopped up my guess on Xanax or similar pills. Biden may be on antidepressants but there is no shame in that today, and if such were revealed it might even garner him sympathy if spun the right way. No parent should bury a child, after all.

You could paint a picture very easily of a man struggling with an emotional, not cognitive issue, and yet still soldiering on in service to his country - that is admirable. That's Kennedy or Lincolnesque, both of whom struggled and suffered daily yet led confidently.

That Biden refuses to take any cognitive test or release any drug result, should say something.

“Hopped up” on Xanax? My friend I’m not sure you know what Xanax does. You seem to have mixed it up with crystal meth. Trump could actually use some Xanax.

Also I highly doubt Biden is on antidepressants. For one thing, he’s said he still has “good sex” with Jill. If you know anything about antidepressants, you know that’s implausible if he’s on them. Also given their side effects that go beyond that, it actually would be a problem if a president was on them. Not to mention pointless as studies have shown they are no better than placebo except maybe in the most severe cases.

Also Biden may seem somewhat slower than he was as VP (which is completely natural), but the last thing he seems is depressed/void of any emotion or feelings. I still see videos of him laughing/joking/having a good time. When it comes to emotions, I get the vibes that Biden is a happy/healthy older man doing a job he enjoys, he certainly does not strike me as someone taking tons of antidepressants.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2024, 09:32:49 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2024, 12:29:39 PM by dspNY »

The New York Post deceptively edited another video. Time for that rag to face the consequences (a lawsuit)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2024, 09:35:35 AM »

Obama didn't embarrass Biden.
Biden embarrassed himself.
Every day another embarrassment.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2024, 09:45:58 AM »

1) I took Xanax for several years, and to be transparent, my father would abuse Xanax, and pain meds and he'd become agitated and full of energy. But it would start with the slurring od words and word salad similar to post 2020 Trump. The "ldcdhcduhcd" slurring and whatnot sounds JUST like my father after the ten or so Xanax would star tto it. My father has untreated ADHD and I believe Trump does, and I believe abuse of meds in someone with such produces the verbal salad and also high energy levels it does. Xanax should sedate you - my father would take a handful and not sleep for days.

2) You can still have good sex on antidepressants. Not every antidepressant is gonna cause ED. For example, Wellbutrin is an antidepressant noted for NOT causing a diminished libido. But an antidepressant would explain the lack of energy he has and the mental slowness he has compared to his say, 2016 self. What person who watched their beloved son, probably their favorite child, die of a horrible form of cancer young, wouldn't be medicated to cope? It's human. And having also taken antidepressants as well as anti-psychotics (specifically Risperdone) I felt like a zombie and was nowhere my normal self cognitively. I felt bereft of energy and dulled.

I don't think to your last point it would be a problem if a President was on them so long as they were being monitored by a physician and were not abusing their medicine.

Kennedy was on over a dozen medications in a day, quite a few of them mind altering. The public had no clue until long after he died; and from his private tapes it doesn't seem to have effected him or his leadership in any detrimental way.

Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2024, 11:34:04 AM »

Biden is off his meds so he can lower his tolerance in time for the debate.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2024, 12:47:56 PM »

I normally criticize Biden, but I think Obama was in the wrong here. It looks like Biden wanted to enjoy the crowd for a little longer, but Obama grabbed and walked him off earlier and embarrassed him.

People are starting to ask questions about the Obama-Biden relationship, and what that means for a second Biden term. What’s going on?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2024, 12:51:31 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2024, 12:55:35 PM by DrScholl »

The only thing embarrassing is threads like these. Trump is supposed to have it in the bag, yet you all are still so scared of Biden that you desperately cling to things like this.

on edit, I'm reporting heatcharger for spam because he/she/they appears to be prepared to spam all my posts with the same response.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2024, 12:53:29 PM »

The only thing embarrassing is threads like these. Trump is supposed to have it in the bag, yet you all are still so scared of Biden that you desperately cling to things like this.

Welcome back Dr. Scholl.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2024, 01:02:19 PM »

In a bit of positive news for the president, he did pick up a key endorsement:

Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2024, 01:54:01 PM »

Wow! I am DEFINITELY switching my vote from Biden to Trump now! I think all of my family and friends are, too. Mucho success, heatcharger!
Obama24
United States
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2024, 01:58:11 PM »

on edit, I'm reporting heatcharger for spam because he/she/they appears to be prepared to spam all my posts with the same response.

You don't think it's a LITTLE weird that Obama basically ushered him off stage? The body language comes off like Obama is the Prez still and Joe is still VP.

Imagine say, Clinton grabbing Obama's arm and leading him offstage.

Or Carter doing that with Clinton

Or Reagan doing that to HW.

The only time I saw a President be led around like that was when Don Regan told Reagan to 'speed it up', and it's believed that Regan and Nancy were running the show day to day at that point.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2024, 02:18:18 PM »

In a bit of positive news for the president, he did pick up a key endorsement:

This is a huge turning point for the Biden campaign. Bowser and his minions of Koopa Troopas and Goombas are going to flood the vote in key precincts such as the Mushroom Kingdom and Luigi's Mansion
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2024, 05:15:29 PM »

He decided to run despite an overwhelming majority of Americans thinking he's too old so he and his team should've been prepared for his opponents exploiting his age at every turn.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2024, 05:38:38 PM »

These videos tend to be deceptively cropped, but I really don't see how Biden standing utterly motionless is "taking in the crowd". I'd expect at least a weak attempt at a wave or a cheeky grin. If there's some missing context, it would be good to see.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2024, 06:16:45 PM »

Yeah, this one's on Obama. He's always been flippant toward his colleagues- not that I respect Democrats either, but it's jarring to see from the former leader of the party. I almost felt bad for Biden in 2020 when it took the threat of a Sanders surge to get his old "buddy" to endorse him.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2024, 06:45:35 PM »

Yeah, this one's on Obama. He's always been flippant toward his colleagues- not that I respect Democrats either, but it's jarring to see from the former leader of the party. I almost felt bad for Biden in 2020 when it took the threat of a Sanders surge to get his old "buddy" to endorse him.

It just isn't a good look. Take the age out of the question. The sitting President is supposed to the guy at the top. The former Prez is just that - reasonably nice guy who used to work here. You'd never have seen Clinton usher Obama offstage, or any other former President do to that to the sitting CIC.

Even if Biden was young, it makes him look weak.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies