Nikki Haley says she will vote for Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:56:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Nikki Haley says she will vote for Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Nikki Haley says she will vote for Trump  (Read 1563 times)
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2024, 06:44:48 AM »

A Southern Republican neoconservative doesn't have principles? That's so crazy, how could we have seen this coming.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2024, 06:54:46 AM »

Everyone knew this was coming. More anti-Trump Republicans to come the worse that the macroeconomy gets. Inflation and gas prices are killing Americans by the day.
quesaisje
Electric Circus
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2024, 07:08:24 AM »

Humiliating.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2024, 07:39:32 AM »

Imagine that Mike Pence has more courage than you...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2024, 08:01:21 AM »

Actually, when I confidently predicted this several weeks ago, many people disagreed.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2024, 08:11:34 AM »

The neocons have turned on Biden . It’s just not Haley but donors too .

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/top-silicon-valley-donor-cites-083314333.html

When Jacob Helberg decided in 2020 to start making major political contributions for the first time, it was a no-brainer for him to choose Democrats. A tech expert who was beginning to make a name for himself in Silicon Valley, Helberg donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to President Joe Biden’s 2020 general election campaign and that of scores of other Democratic candidates.

Four years later, he’s still shaping up to be a big donor in this year’s presidential race, but this time to former President Donald Trump’s campaign. It’s a change that Helberg said has less to do with a shift in his own thinking than a shift in the Democratic Party that he does not support.

Solid evidence that Biden is doing the right thing, and all decent Americans ought to support him.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2024, 09:28:43 AM »

A lot of these comment really address Haley unilaterally endorsing Trump.  She clearly did not do that (yet).  Look at this for what it is - a first step by Haley in the "Game of Thrones" to become VP.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2024, 09:32:24 AM »

Expected. She's hoping Trump loses so she's the nominee in 2028
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2024, 09:38:56 AM »

She'll be yesterday's news by then. Santorum 2016 2.0.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2024, 09:40:04 AM »

No one beating Gavin Newsom, as soon as Eday is over they will polls his as the second choice to Harris but Harris will fold like she did in 20
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2024, 10:18:09 AM »

I hereby retract any endorsement of Nikki Haley and regret having voted for her. She will not have my endorsement in 2028 or any other presidential cycle.

Whatever one may disagree with Biden on, the reality is that preserving democracy must be paramount over any other issue or group of issues. Trump would declare himself King and turn the country into a dictatorship. That Trumps everything and demands a vote for Biden, regardless of what one's disagreements with Biden may be. A candidate who does not realize that even after running an active campaign is simply unfit for the highest office in the land.

I hope more Haley voters are like you, and other posters here.

He’s also posted on here before about how he very much disliked George W Bush as president too and that he supported Obama in 2012 too . I don’t think he is exactly reflective of a swing voter and is more of the Haley voter who voted Haley in hopes of trying to stop Trump rather than anything else .

Anyway like I posted before , Biden is the incumbent and can easily win over Haley voters with policy decisions. Look at the different things I mentioned and you can see there are many things Biden can do to win over those types of voters but he’s choosing not to do that too . The fact is it’s an objectively terrible strategy to think you can win an election based on “the other guy sucks” when the election is a rematch and you won by less than one point the previous time to begin with .
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2024, 12:09:40 PM »

Welp, that just ensured all (Or a large majority) of Nikki voter will vote for Donnie
So i just give a personal thank to Nikki for making sure the republican party doesn't tear apart and stay unified as possible.
I wouldn't be that confident. Many Haley supporters were Dems or anti-Trump indies who wanted to vote against Trump another time.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2024, 12:12:00 PM »

Biden is just that awful, he has ruined the economy, weakened the border, and the world is in chaos. No conservative can support that, and people like Nikki Haley feel like they have to back Trump to end his reign.

Biden’s immigration policies are nothing short of insanity . Problem is democratic staffers are to full of people who think using the word invasion to describe nearly 400k  illegals coming in every month is racist and is worse than actually taking executive action to stop it .

Now they want to bring in more refugees from Palestine which is just crazy
It was bad, but MAGA Republicans blocked any reforms from being passed because they wanted it to continue to make Biden look bad.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2024, 12:33:52 PM »

Well since everyone else is saying they called it, I'll be the first to admit I did not think she'd do this. I continue to routinely underestimate the extent to which these people are willing to debase themselves.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2024, 01:47:02 PM »

I hereby retract any endorsement of Nikki Haley and regret having voted for her. She will not have my endorsement in 2028 or any other presidential cycle.

Whatever one may disagree with Biden on, the reality is that preserving democracy must be paramount over any other issue or group of issues. Trump would declare himself King and turn the country into a dictatorship. That Trumps everything and demands a vote for Biden, regardless of what one's disagreements with Biden may be. A candidate who does not realize that even after running an active campaign is simply unfit for the highest office in the land.

He’s also posted on here before about how he very much disliked George W Bush as president too and that he supported Obama in 2012 too . I don’t think he is exactly reflective of a swing voter and is more of the Haley voter who voted Haley in hopes of trying to stop Trump rather than anything else .

Anyway like I posted before , Biden is the incumbent and can easily win over Haley voters with policy decisions. Look at the different things I mentioned and you can see there are many things Biden can do to win over those types of voters but he’s choosing not to do that too . The fact is it’s an objectively terrible strategy to think you can win an election based on “the other guy sucks” when the election is a rematch and you won by less than one point the previous time to begin with .

I did not like many of the actions that GW Bush ultimately did as President (2 forever wars, nclb, and crashing the economy), but had I been eligible to vote at the time, without hindsight, I likely would have supported him both times. I also don't necessarily see his issues as being present in the GOP of today. I was a strong supporter of Kasich and Christie in 2016 and still like both today. I view Reagan as a good president. I can and have voted for numerous republicans downballot and have always placed a number of them on my endorsement maps here.

I would not say I'm a fan of the democratic party, particularly when it proposes using my tax dollars for elective late-term abortions in foreign countries, defunding the police, teaching white people to be ashamed of ourselves, or subtly telegraphing to children that being trans is cool. In my view it has drastically changed from the party Obama led and that I did geninuely support. I will likely never vote a straight dem ticket for this reason.

However, when it comes to the office of the President, unfortunately either in nomination or execution, the GOP has quite frankly done a terrible job. I don't care what Biden does on any other issue, for as long as the GOP is running a candidate who would literally abolish democracy in this country, that trumps all other issues combined. The GOP runs a candidate  that actually supports free and fair elections and drops the muslim ban, I would support that candidate no problem. But they've chosen not to do that, so they will continue to lose my perfectly gettable vote to Biden.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2024, 01:50:29 PM »

As I see in these polls especially in the battleground they think Trump can't lose and he is strong as ever, no he's not we still gotta vote and I have Nav isn't voting 9% Trump like TX. As we saw in polls yesterday tied 50%
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2024, 01:52:08 PM »

I did not like many of the actions that GW Bush ultimately did as President (2 forever wars, nclb, and crashing the economy), but had I been eligible to vote at the time, without hindsight, I likely would have supported him both times. I also don't necessarily see his issues as being present in the GOP of today. I was a strong supporter of Kasich and Christie in 2016 and still like both today. I view Reagan as a good president. I can and have voted for numerous republicans downballot and have always placed a number of them on my endorsement maps here.

I would not say I'm a fan of the democratic party, particularly when it proposes using my tax dollars for elective late-term abortions in foreign countries, defunding the police, teaching white people to be ashamed of ourselves, or subtly telegraphing to children that being trans is cool. In my view it has drastically changed from the party Obama led and that I did geninuely support. I will likely never vote a straight dem ticket for this reason.

However, when it comes to the office of the President, unfortunately either in nomination or execution, the GOP has quite frankly done a terrible job. I don't care what Biden does on any other issue, for as long as the GOP is running a candidate who would literally abolish democracy in this country, that trumps all other issues combined. The GOP runs a candidate  that actually supports free and fair elections and drops the muslim ban, I would support that candidate no problem. But they've chosen not to do that, so they will continue to lose my perfectly gettable vote to Biden.

Would you have supported DeSantis if he was the nominee .
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2024, 01:55:08 PM »

If he clearly stated as the nominee that he would accept the GE results, regardless of what they were, yes.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2024, 02:01:04 PM »

If he clearly stated as the nominee that he would accept the GE results, regardless of what they were, yes.

Ok then I take back what I posted about you . You definitely are a potential swing voter too then
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2024, 02:11:29 PM »

This is why targeting Haley's voters is a futile cause by Biden. Persuasion only goes so far in Pres election, turnout is more important. Many hardline conservatives voted for Haley because she is younger or has less baggage, but will ultimately have no qualms about voting for Trump. The Haley voters who will vote for Biden are just party-line Democrats voting in the R primary to try and sink Trump.

For Biden to win, he has to re-energize the disaffected working class, younger, and non-white Democratic base, the same types of voters who brought Obama and Clinton to easy 2x victories. They were energized to vote against Trump in 2020 but now that is not enough. It's not going to be easy.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2024, 02:16:27 PM »

This is why targeting Haley's voters is a futile cause by Biden. Persuasion only goes so far in Pres election, turnout is more important. Many hardline conservatives voted for Haley because she is younger or has less baggage, but will ultimately have no qualms about voting for Trump. The Haley voters who will vote for Biden are just party-line Democrats voting in the R primary to try and sink Trump.

For Biden to win, he has to re-energize the disaffected working class, younger, and non-white Democratic base, the same types of voters who brought Obama and Clinton to easy 2x victories. They were energized to vote against Trump in 2020 but now that is not enough. It's not going to be easy.

Many working class voters are culturally conservative though. If Biden wants to get them he has to take strong action on the border , on law and order etc . Bill Clinton absolutely would have taken action on those two issues by now and in doing so would have made it much harder for Trump to win .

The fundamental problem for the democrats is it’s increasingly being dominated by college educated liberals who are extremely out of touch with the rest of the electorate.

Ruy Teixeria has written a lot about it and his columns are actually good reads :

https://substack.com/profile/12224429-ruy-teixeira

Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2024, 02:19:37 PM »

Many working class voters are culturally conservative though. If Biden wants to get them he has to take strong action on the border , on law and order etc . Bill Clinton absolutely would have taken action on those two issues by now and in doing so would have made it much harder for Trump to win .

The fundamental problem for the democrats is it’s increasingly being dominated by college educated liberals who are extremely out of touch with the rest of the electorate.

Ruy Teixeria has written a lot about it and his columns are actually good reads :

I agree, Biden is perceived as weak on crime and illegal immigrants, he needs to make it look like he is doing something even if it's nothing substantial. Biden doesn't need to do things like apologizing for calling illegal immigrants illegal, it makes him look weak.
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2024, 02:22:13 PM »

Anyone who thought this empty pantsuit was a "sane" alternative to Trump was on drugs.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2024, 02:25:51 PM »

Anyone who thought this empty pantsuit was a "sane" alternative to Trump was on drugs.

She was Trump UN Ambassador so obviously she is still allied to TRUMP
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2024, 02:28:20 PM »

I agree, Biden is perceived as weak on crime and illegal immigrants, he needs to make it look like he is doing something even if it's nothing substantial. Biden doesn't need to do things like apologizing for calling illegal immigrants illegal, it makes him look weak.

Fundamentally the problem is Biden does not believe he’s perceived as poorly as he is and neither do partisan democrats . They have the mindset that no reasonable person can support Trump which given how close 2020 was is a terrible mindset to have because that fundamentally means you are making your self out of touch with the electorate. It’s far more effective to think that reasonable people can in which case then you would try to counter that by doing something to at the very least reduce people’s concerns about you in those areas .

Another  problem is though even if he did have the mindset, the actions he’d have to take would get him lots of criticism from college educated progressives who increasingly make up a larger portion of the party . Still though the first step to solving a problem is acknowledging you have one and the current Democratic Party isn’t willing to acknowledge either of these two major problems which is they probably will lose in November.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies