Bunning Will Not Seek Reelection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:11:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Bunning Will Not Seek Reelection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bunning Will Not Seek Reelection  (Read 3743 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: July 27, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »

Toss-up/tilt Dem -> Mod GOP

I would still keep an eye on this one though but KY has swung hard away from the Dems over the last decade and the Republican candidate appears to be fairly strong. Once Greyson actually announces I expect his fundraising will improve and money won't be an issue. 
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 07:19:46 PM »

Is there any chance Rand Paul can win the primary?  I mean the guy puts out a nauseating amount of Facebook posts, but other than that I haven't heard a word about him in this race

Not that I can see. Between Northern KY(along the OH border) which is Bunning's base(Grayson is a Bunning protege); the traditional rocked ribbed Republicans in the Southeast(Hal Rogers District, been heaving Republican since about the Civil War and heavily Conservative); and The Conservatives in the Central part of the state and to the West, I don't see where a Libertarian finds much of a base especially in a Republican primary.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »

Is there any chance Rand Paul can win the primary?  I mean the guy puts out a nauseating amount of Facebook posts, but other than that I haven't heard a word about him in this race

A couple of conservatives I know say Grayson is a "RINO" but I don't know anything about the guy.

How is Grayson, a RINO?
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 05:33:25 PM »

A couple of conservatives I know say Grayson is a "RINO" but I don't know anything about the guy.

How is Grayson, a RINO?

I doubt he's a RINO, but he's a Harvard graduate, so that may cause some tensions with people who came up solely from within the state.

Okay lets say you are Rand Paul. How do you play that card when you yourself just announced in NYC? He is opening himself up to a hypocracy charge.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies