Bunning Will Not Seek Reelection (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Bunning Will Not Seek Reelection (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bunning Will Not Seek Reelection  (Read 3744 times)
SamInTheSouth

« on: July 27, 2009, 04:56:38 PM »

Jim Bunning has announced that he will not seek reelection next year.  I am thinking that would put this seat back in a lean Republican category by default, rather than a toss up, but it will depend on the candidates from parties I imagine.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2009/07/bunning-says-he-will-not-seek-reelection.html
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:49:59 PM »

Lucky breaks for the GOP of late.  Lisa Madigan passes on a Senate race.  Bunning will retire.  Dodd will not.  Guess they'll get Castle to run too.

It could have been worse. Linda Lingle and John Hoeven could have been running for the U.S. Senate as well.

Is Inouye running for reelection?  There is no way Lingle would jump in as long as Inouye is seeking another term.  If he retires though, you can almost count on it.
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 08:50:54 PM »

Lucky breaks for the GOP of late.  Lisa Madigan passes on a Senate race.  Bunning will retire.  Dodd will not.  Guess they'll get Castle to run too.

Castle doesn't seem all that interested and he is the only Republican that I think could win.
SamInTheSouth

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:43:38 PM »

Is there any chance Rand Paul can win the primary?  I mean the guy puts out a nauseating amount of Facebook posts, but other than that I haven't heard a word about him in this race

A couple of conservatives I know say Grayson is a "RINO" but I don't know anything about the guy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies