2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:26:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again  (Read 9615 times)
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« on: July 26, 2009, 08:49:44 PM »

Biden will be 73, and if he runs the nomination is probably his unless he's clearly senile.

You really think so?  I can't see the Democrats nominating a 73-year old.  And it's not like Biden has a following of any sort.  In a Republican race, the sitting VP would have a head start.  But not so mucg with the Democrats, unless you're someone like Al Gore.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:49:53 PM »

I am fairly confident Sherrod Brown will run for President in 2016, unless he is a "good soldier" and Vice President Biden seeks his day in the sun.

I am not saying Brown would win...the nomination or the Presidency.  But I suspect he will run.  Of course, there is much time between now and then...including time for him to be disfigured in some sort of scandal.

I love the guy's politics.

Do you think Biden will be even viable as a candidate?  I'd suspect that the heavy-hitters would try to talk him out of it.  I'm actually beginning to expect Obama to replace him in 2012.

As for Sherrod Brown...have you heard rumblings, or is it just a hunch?  One thing I like about him is that he seems to know what he's talking about (whether I agree with him or not), which has sadly become unique in Congress.

The Democratic bench appears to be incredibly deep, but I guess that's how it goes with recently-acquired majorities.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies