2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:03:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again  (Read 9625 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: July 28, 2009, 07:58:20 PM »

Gillibrand 2016 FTW!!!! Cheesy

I think she might be our woman.

Gillibrand would be 50, has the potential to be high profile from New York and has proven she can win in a Republican district (albeit with positions different than she's taken as a Senator).  But she doesn't come across as very smart I have to say.  I don't think I'm prejudiced against blondes as my reaction to listening to Kirsten is that she's no Hillary.

Well, she was way ahead of both Hillary and Paulson on TARP last fall:

"Ms. Gillibrand’s opposition to the bailout bill seemed to be focused on its approach, rather than the idea of helping Wall Street firms. When she first voted against the bill, she made a statement saying that she recognized the need to recapitalize the banks but that, “if the federal government needs to intervene, then [it] should receive a fair equity stake in the company in order to protect the taxpayer.”

At the time of the votes, the bill was generally held up as a means to buy troubled assets from banks. That plan was later scrapped by the Treasury secretary at the time, Henry M. Paulson Jr., in favor of direct equity investments — which seem to be more along the lines of what Ms. Gillibrand had advocated."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies