2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:51:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 watch: Clinton doesn't think she will run for president again  (Read 9580 times)
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« on: August 16, 2009, 10:35:20 PM »

Although there are some positions he has taken that have worried me, to say the least, and of course, there's always the chance for someone new to come along, I still wouldn't entirely discount Evan Bayh. There would definitely be a portion of the base that would be underwhelmed by this, and he isn't always the most animated speaker, but he has had his moments (I think his speech at last year's DNC was actually about the most animated I've ever seen him), and I think he can still redeem himself in the eyes of some Democrats (there are ones that are much more worrisome, such as Oklahoma Congressman Dan Boren).
I just thought that I'd throw his name out there for the heck of it. (The fact that Bill Clinton was once quoted as saying he hoped to vote for Bayh to be President someday probably wouldn't hurt, either

I don't think I would rule out Bayh either. If only because a scenario where Hillary decides to sit 2016 out and her and Bill deciding to throw their support behind Bayh doesn't seem that far fetched to me. Plus, there's the fact that he could be someone the conservative and moderate Democrats could rally around. I mean, up until recently, I've thought that Obama not picking him to be VP hurt his presidential ambitions. But I'm not so sure about that anymore.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies