Florida Governor Race, 2010
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:41:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Florida Governor Race, 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who do you think will win the Florida gubernatorial election in 2010?
Bill McCollum

Alex Sink

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Florida Governor Race, 2010  (Read 10910 times)
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 08:13:25 PM »

I think Rubio would beat Meek by at least 5 points.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 09:14:37 PM »

It's a bad time to be a Florida Democrat. Sink may be the best choice we have for governor, but that doesn't mean she's a good choice. Of course, McCollum wouldn't be any good either. It's a lose/lose. Same goes for the Senate race, although Crist is one of the more acceptable Republicans.

You see him as that because he's a fake conservative.
Of course.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 09:28:45 PM »

It's a bad time to be a Florida Democrat. Sink may be the best choice we have for governor, but that doesn't mean she's a good choice. Of course, McCollum wouldn't be any good either. It's a lose/lose. Same goes for the Senate race, although Crist is one of the more acceptable Republicans.

Because we ALL know MODERATE =FAKE.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 09:46:41 PM »

Licking the boot heels of a president in the opposing party is disgraceful.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 10:58:56 PM »

Sink is seen as a flake. McCollum easily. AJC, why the hell would you support Crist?

Because I am a moderate Republican, and I don't see him as being a RINO. He is just a moderate Republican, and like most of the upcoming youth vote I am slightly socially liberal, but only on environmental issues. Plus, Crist has the best chances of winning.

Actually Crist is a conservative with some moderate leanings.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 11:07:43 PM »

Sink is seen as a flake. McCollum easily. AJC, why the hell would you support Crist?

Because I am a moderate Republican, and I don't see him as being a RINO. He is just a moderate Republican, and like most of the upcoming youth vote I am slightly socially liberal, but only on environmental issues. Plus, Crist has the best chances of winning.

Actually Crist is a conservative with some moderate leanings.

Sounds good to me.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 03:12:02 PM »

So most southern Democrats were a disgrace during Bush's presidency?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 10:56:19 PM »

So most southern Democrats were a disgrace during Bush's presidency?

For those that share their party name sure. As for me, I welcome them. It's all about politics and politics is a game.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 07:47:34 AM »

I'd rather have people go on their personal inclinations than along party lines, but that's just me. Except for Zell Miller. I hate that guy.
pragmatic liberal

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »

I'm a little surprised people are so ready to give this one to McCollum (although I'm not from Florida so maybe I'm missing something here.)

McCollum is a bit of a perennial candidate who has lost several statewide races. Alex Sink was the Democrats' top tier recruit and has a great geographic base for a Florida Democrat. Plus, Republicans have controlled the Florida governors' mansion for 12 years and in a closely-divided state like Florida, I'd imagine that the pendulum effect would favor the Dems somewhat.

I imagine it'll be close, but I think a Sink victory is very possible.

(And no, I'm not being a pro-Dem hack. I think Republicans are very likely to pick up governorships in New Jersey and Virginia (this year) and Tennessee, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, for example, as well as having decent shots in Iowa and even Massachusetts and Maryland.)
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »

I'm a little surprised people are so ready to give this one to McCollum (although I'm not from Florida so maybe I'm missing something here.)

McCollum is a bit of a perennial candidate who has lost several statewide races. Alex Sink was the Democrats' top tier recruit and has a great geographic base for a Florida Democrat. Plus, Republicans have controlled the Florida governors' mansion for 12 years and in a closely-divided state like Florida, I'd imagine that the pendulum effect would favor the Dems somewhat.

(And no, I'm not being a pro-Dem hack. I think Republicans are very likely to pick up governorships in New Jersey and Virginia (this year) and Tennessee, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, for example, as well as having decent shots in Iowa and even Massachusetts and Maryland.)

Sink, could win. But McCollum has been up in several polls. He also has name recognition and has most of the party behind him (so does Sink). The race will tighten, but I think in the end McCollum will be victorious, well I hope.
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »

Sink, could win. But McCollum has been up in several polls. He also has name recognition and has most of the party behind him (so does Sink). The race will tighten, but I think in the end McCollum will be victorious, well I hope.

Latest poll has McCollum leading Sink 43-34.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 09:56:52 PM »

McCollum has a definite early lead, the poll also said that Crist has 67 approval ratings.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 10:07:31 PM »

McCollum has a definite early lead, the poll also said that Crist has 67 approval ratings.

Florida is by default a Republican state, IMO. Democrats have to work hard even at state level.
FloridaRepublican
justrhyno
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »

Yeah I doubt Sink can win here.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies