Before the Spirit of Justice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:27:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Before the Spirit of Justice
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Before the Spirit of Justice  (Read 1842 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2004, 06:39:56 PM »
« edited: September 04, 2004, 06:57:20 PM by AG Ernest »

As you can imagine, today has been hectic, given the events that have transpired at Big Hill.  However, other than to say that appropriate measures are being taken to investigate this event, I have no comment to make at this time.  I do have a few announcements to make.  The first is that I have ordered the blue cutains put into storage.  Our art deco statues here in the Great Hall of the Robert F. Kennedy Building are a bit gaudy, but I see no reason to keep them perpetually shrouded.  The second is to request Lt. Gov. King to move his local government thread The King Local Goverment Restriction Act from the Atlasia Government forum to the Atlasia Elections forum.  As it is both a regional government thread and a referendum thread, it would be better placed in the Elections forum on both accounts.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 08:51:16 PM »

I concur with the Attourney General.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 10:38:20 AM »

I am pleased to annouce that a secret agent of our has managed to disable a computer system vital to the plans of our adversary.  While this is likely to merely delay the adversary,  we appreciae the effort of our agent in helping to defend us muggles.

(Our intrepid GM has informed the administration that he has computer problems which may have been caused by something his kid did while playing a Harry Potter game.)
Niles Caulder

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 05:40:15 PM »

I am pleased to annouce that a secret agent of our has managed to disable a computer system vital to the plans of our adversary.  While this is likely to merely delay the adversary,  we appreciae the effort of our agent in helping to defend us muggles.

(Our intrepid GM has informed the administration that he has computer problems which may have been caused by something his kid did while playing a Harry Potter game.)

ROFL!!!!

Adversary!?  Adversary?!

I work--
--and I slave--
and what thanks do I get??  Tongue
Shoot, for the hints I'm givin' away, I should get paid!

Yeah, he's the conspiratorial type.  I wouldn't be surprised if The Federalist League got to him...the little snot.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 09:18:02 PM »

Adversary!?  Adversary?!

I work--
--and I slave--
and what thanks do I get??  Tongue
Shoot, for the hints I'm givin' away, I should get paid!

Would you rather be called he who must not be named? Grin
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 06:06:32 PM »

In an effort to avoid the passing of future bills such as the Federal Activity Act that may have potential Constitution problems, I have decided to start commenting on bills before the Senate as to their Constitutionality.  Any statement I release here, before the Spirit of Justice, on proposed bills will comment only on whether said bill is Constitutional, not on whether it is a good bill.

Both the Atlasia National Energy Act and the Family Planning Amendments Act of 2004 do not have any apparent provision in them that would be unconstitutional.

KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 09:31:21 PM »

I admire your effort, but it is not for you to say whether a bill is or is not constitutional.  That is the Supreme Court's job.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 09:51:14 PM »

Agreed.  All I can do is provide my input as to whether I think them Constitutional.  Since the Supreme Court traditionally does not rule on Constitutionality until a case comes before it, it cannot act proactively.  I'll admit that I am following the model used in South Carolina where the Attorney General routinely issues his opinion on what he thinks the law means when asked and sometimes when not asked, even when there is no legal case concerning the issue as of yet.  It's a role intended to hopefully prevent lawsuits or the unintentional breaking of a law before such events actually happen.  When the Supreme Court of South Carolina disagrees with the Attorney General of South Carolina, as does happen from time to time, the Supreme Court of course has the last word.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2004, 05:42:57 PM »

While researching an opinion that was asked of the Attorney General by another government official, I discovered that I had inadvertantlly neglected to perform one essential task, which I shall now take care of.

I do solemnly affirm that I will faithfully execute the office of Attorney General, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the Atlas Forum, so help me Dave.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 05:41:37 PM »

Our office has received inquiries as to when the Family Planning Amendments Act of 2004 would be added to the Atlasian Statutes.  The answer is when it becomes law.  Since it has not yet become a law, it cannot be added to the Atlasian Statutes as of yet.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 12:43:19 AM »

Let me begin with some announcements.  We have had two new acts enter the Statutes within the last 24 hours, the Defense Missile Initiative Act and the Family Planning Amendments Act of 2004.  I have ordered  the Federal District Attorney for the District of West Virginia to investigate the desirability of filing charges against Martha Stewart for her unsanctioned use of Federal crabapples earlier this week.  And finally, considering the resuts to date of the Southeastern Gubernatorial election, it looks extremely likely that I shall be the next Governor of that great Region.  Accordingly, I shall be resigning my position as Attorney General of Atlasia as of 12:30 am Eastern Daylight Time on October 25, 2004 so that I may take up that office as the Southeast Constitution requires, upon the completion of the counting of the vote.  I urge the Senate to please finish as much of its as of yet unfinished business before then, as I will constrained by the Southeastern Constitution from making any changes myself to official Atlasian threads not pertaining to my dutes as Governor.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies