Best 20th century president (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:12:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Best 20th century president (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best 20th century president  (Read 10282 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: October 20, 2004, 02:53:24 PM »

None.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 01:46:01 AM »

1st Theodore Roosevelt
2nd Lyndon B. Johnson
3rd Franklin D. Roosevelt
4th Harry S Truman
5th John F. Kennedy
6th Woodrow Wilson
7th Bill Clinton
8th Jimmy Carter
9th Dwight Eisenhower
10th Gerald Ford
11th George H. W. Bush
12th Ronald Reagan
13th Calvin Coolidge
14th Herbert Hoover
15th William McKinley
16th William Taft
17th Warren G. Harding
18th Richard Nixon

The man who got us deeply involved in Vietnam is #2?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 07:57:44 PM »

1st Theodore Roosevelt
2nd Lyndon B. Johnson
4th Harry S Truman
5th John F. Kennedy
6th Woodrow Wilson
7th Bill Clinton
8th Jimmy Carter
9th Dwight Eisenhower
10th Gerald Ford
11th George H. W. Bush
12th Ronald Reagan
13th Calvin Coolidge
14th Herbert Hoover
15th William McKinley
16th William Taft
17th Warren G. Harding
18th Richard Nixon

The man who said (essentially) screw what the South thinks, black people have rights is #2!

The only reason LBJ even signed the Civil Rights act is because Republicans in congress passed it and it basically forced LBJ to sign in because of his re-election. I doubt an old time southern democrat racist like LBJ would have came up with such an idea on his own. Since Democrats have never tried to push for civil rights. Republicans did all the work for equality from 1867 - Present. Democrats are the ones that lie and make up bogus stories to pander to blacks. Like the newest ad that's being played on a local R&B station, "If George Bush is re-elected he will take away civil rights". Then at the end, "I'm John Kerry and I approve of this message." I hope one day the black community can wake up and realize that the Democrats are still the party of racial oppression but they've just changed their mode of operations.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 09:31:45 PM »

1st Theodore Roosevelt
2nd Lyndon B. Johnson
4th Harry S Truman
5th John F. Kennedy
6th Woodrow Wilson
7th Bill Clinton
8th Jimmy Carter
9th Dwight Eisenhower
10th Gerald Ford
11th George H. W. Bush
12th Ronald Reagan
13th Calvin Coolidge
14th Herbert Hoover
15th William McKinley
16th William Taft
17th Warren G. Harding
18th Richard Nixon

The man who said (essentially) screw what the South thinks, black people have rights is #2!

The only reason LBJ even signed the Civil Rights act is because Republicans in congress passed it and it basically forced LBJ to sign in because of his re-election. I doubt an old time southern democrat racist like LBJ would have came up with such an idea on his own. Since Democrats have never tried to push for civil rights. Republicans did all the work for equality from 1867 - Present. Democrats are the ones that lie and make up bogus stories to pander to blacks. Like the newest ad that's being played on a local R&B station, "If George Bush is re-elected he will take away civil rights". Then at the end, "I'm John Kerry and I approve of this message." I hope one day the black community can wake up and realize that the Democrats are still the party of racial oppression but they've just changed their mode of operations.

In another thread you said:

" But we sacrificed our 'great experiment' when Lincoln was inaugurated. He set a terrible precedent for how to govern and is easily the worst president in American history. "

I can see we don't see eye to eye on what constitutes civil rights progress or what constitutes a truly bold and visionary leader.

I'll give you that the congressional Republicans were generally pretty good about civil rights and many congressional Democrats in the South were not. But nonetheless Johnson was President in 1964, signed the Civil Rights legislation, and should get the credit in a ranking of Presidents. By your logic, it's fair for me to say George Bush opposed a Dept of Homeland Security and only signed it because of pressure from Democrats. Is that a point you'll give me???

Lincoln waged war on southern civilians and violated the constitution in regards to policies towards the south. If that does not make a bad president I don't know what does.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 09:54:53 PM »

1st Theodore Roosevelt
2nd Lyndon B. Johnson
4th Harry S Truman
5th John F. Kennedy
6th Woodrow Wilson
7th Bill Clinton
8th Jimmy Carter
9th Dwight Eisenhower
10th Gerald Ford
11th George H. W. Bush
12th Ronald Reagan
13th Calvin Coolidge
14th Herbert Hoover
15th William McKinley
16th William Taft
17th Warren G. Harding
18th Richard Nixon

" But we sacrificed our 'great experiment' when Lincoln was inaugurated. He set a terrible precedent for how to govern and is easily the worst president in American history. "

I can see we don't see eye to eye on what constitutes civil rights progress or what constitutes a truly bold and visionary leader.

I'll give you that the congressional Republicans were generally pretty good about civil rights and many congressional Democrats in the South were not. But nonetheless Johnson was President in 1964, signed the Civil Rights legislation, and should get the credit in a ranking of Presidents. By your logic, it's fair for me to say George Bush opposed a Dept of Homeland Security and only signed it because of pressure from Democrats. Is that a point you'll give me???

Lincoln waged war on southern civilians and violated the constitution in regards to policies towards the south. If that does not make a bad president I don't know what does.

South Carolina violated the Constitution when it seceded from the Union. Where in the Constitution do they get that power? They don't. Elected officials in the emerging "Confederacy" essentially waged a military occupation of states that belonged to the Union.

The very type of action you are decrying now is the only justifiable argument your President has for invading Iraq. "Freeing the Iraqi people from a brutal dictator." Lincoln freed the American slaves from a brutal ecopnomic system and the governments that supported it.

"Freedom is on the march" is the only decent line Bush had in the three debates. Although I don't really buy it, it's the only vision that could save Bush from the trash heaps of history. It really could be a Lincolnesque vision for the world if he doesn't muck it up. Geez, you've got me defending Bush now. Yuck!

Secession is a constitutional right.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 10:07:49 PM »

1st Theodore Roosevelt
2nd Lyndon B. Johnson
4th Harry S Truman
5th John F. Kennedy
6th Woodrow Wilson
7th Bill Clinton
8th Jimmy Carter
9th Dwight Eisenhower
10th Gerald Ford
11th George H. W. Bush
12th Ronald Reagan
13th Calvin Coolidge
14th Herbert Hoover
15th William McKinley
16th William Taft
17th Warren G. Harding
18th Richard Nixon

South Carolina violated the Constitution when it seceded from the Union. Where in the Constitution do they get that power? They don't. Elected officials in the emerging "Confederacy" essentially waged a military occupation of states that belonged to the Union.

The very type of action you are decrying now is the only justifiable argument your President has for invading Iraq. "Freeing the Iraqi people from a brutal dictator." Lincoln freed the American slaves from a brutal ecopnomic system and the governments that supported it.

"Freedom is on the march" is the only decent line Bush had in the three debates. Although I don't really buy it, it's the only vision that could save Bush from the trash heaps of history. It really could be a Lincolnesque vision for the world if he doesn't muck it up. Geez, you've got me defending Bush now. Yuck!

Secession is a constitutional right.

Article and section, please.

Amendment 10.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 01:35:22 AM »

Wishful dreaming.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: