Protest for new management of the ConCon. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:28:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Constitutional Convention (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Protest for new management of the ConCon. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Protest for new management of the ConCon.  (Read 14557 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: July 16, 2009, 12:19:12 AM »

I believe Purple State has lost sight of not only what we've been trying to accomplish, but also of what his job is supposed to be and the simple procedure here. He has ignored proposals, such as mine, Lief's, and MaxQue's, and used his position to push forward his own ideas over all others even though they've been previously rejected by the Senate. Purple State has demonstrated stubbornness and grand-standing, and while he started the job well, has done a less than stellar job as of late.

Purple State has made it very clear that he simply wants his ideas passed, and in doing so demonstrates a very counter productive attitude towards game reform. We should be discussing more than just what he wants. We should be conducting critical votes with more than just three freaking people. There are other ideas out there supported among the delegates that he has yet to even acknowledge.

Given all the above, and the belief that I or another delegate could do a much better job of broadening the discussion (I would entertain all ideas for discussion) I call for Purple State to step down as Presiding Officer.

Sign if you support the protest of Purple State's POship.

x Marokai Blue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:32:02 AM »

that is not good. could you give me the links where he did this act.

Even though the rules and procedures require more people to vote, here he allows critical amendments to pass with just two ayes.

Around here he admits he doesn't want a CoG because it doesn't do precisely what his proposal does. (Forcing regions to do something against their will, basically.)

Lief and Max supported this, and I later did as well, but Purple State didn't give a damn.

I proposed this a MONTH ago, and the proposal went completely ignored by him.

Edit: By the way, Purple State is not a delegate, he shouldn't even be proposing anything.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 01:02:05 AM »

Don't you have a revolution to run? Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 02:53:04 AM »

Even though the rules and procedures require more people to vote, here he allows critical amendments to pass with just two ayes.

Around here he admits he doesn't want a CoG because it doesn't do precisely what his proposal does. (Forcing regions to do something against their will, basically.)

Lief and Max supported this, and I later did as well, but Purple State didn't give a damn.

Edit: By the way, Purple State is not a delegate, he shouldn't even be proposing anything.
hmm interesting. thanx for the links. Why was he not a delegate may i ask?

Wasn't elected to the position, unlike the rest of us here Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 03:51:27 PM »

I'll post once in my defense and attempt to clarify the cases Marokai mentions. After that, I will be happy to initiate a vote for my removal as two delegates (bgwah and Max) have seconded the motion (I assume you meant to bring such a motion Marokai?).

I would prefer you step down, as there are others out there who haven't come public here, but if I have to do something more formal, I'll do it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As if doing something that wasn't part of your job description was ever a problem for you. You brought forward your own proposals even though you are not an elected delegate and you routinely volunteered to write things up for people throughout the convention.

I'll try to write something up tonight after work.

My proposal (and no, its not a carbon copy of my previous proposal, read carefully):

Emphasis mine. Point is, you show favoritism with what you want to write up and what you just want to ignore, and you propose things even though you should most definitely not have that power. You were elected to your position amongst the delegates to do what we told you, to propose what we wanted, and to follow our suggestion, and you were elected because I pushed for you to be in the position.

Now you're here acting like the God of Reform. Listening to what you want to listen to and not entertaining anything else.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have a fun idea, let's do an "informal" vote on your job of PO and remove you with a few ayes. Might be fun.

I don't care what word you give it, "informal" "formal" "dressy-casual," you ignored the very clear rules that you were put in place as PO to follow. What if you couldn't manage to pass something with the numbers required, shouldn't that tell you something about this ConCon?

You are always trying to be in the center of something, and it's getting on my and other peoples' nerves. Tried to be the center of attention in the battle against Bgwah over Ebowed as Game Moderator. Tried to be at the center of attention during the Special Election by trying to pander to the RPP, why, feeling vulnerable? Tried to be the center of attention by being the one to propose some gigantic set of amendments in the Senate. And now you're trying to be the center of attention here by favoring your proposals. I'm tired of your grand-standing and your headline grabbing. It's time for you to go.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »

Almost anyone could do a better job. Purple State is grandstanding and just trying to push through what he wants, and if another (I say another, but since PS isn't one..) delegate doesn't do anything better then we should just shut everything down. I wanted something out of this place but I don't want a rule-ignoring favoritism-having grand-standing ignoring-limits-of-his-office hypocritical Presiding Officer in charge.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 04:30:21 PM »

Did any delegates write up a complete first draft proposal for discussion? No. At least not lately.

That's sort of my point. He's criticizing people for not coming up with drafts, and that's why he says he doesn't bring them up, but he's more than happy to write all the proposals he likes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 12:53:36 AM »

Alright, I bring the motion to dismiss the Presiding Officer to a vote. Please vote Aye, No or Abstain. This vote shall last for 48 hours.

Aye
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 05:59:10 AM »

I'm glad you remember to follow the rules when it saves your ass Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length