Rasmussen Trust on Issues/ Congressional Ballot-Mid July 2009
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:11:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Rasmussen Trust on Issues/ Congressional Ballot-Mid July 2009
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Rasmussen Trust on Issues/ Congressional Ballot-Mid July 2009  (Read 14344 times)
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2009, 05:35:33 PM »

The Blue Dogs are a fraud. Everytime Pelosi says jump, they say "how high?"

Why would Blue Dogs, for whom the binding principle is fiscal responsibility, necessarily align with Republicans, who have a pretty good track record of being anything but?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »

Party ID as of August 1st.
Democrats 36.8%
Republican 33.3%
Independent 29.9%

Congressional Ballot
Date
Dem
GOP

08-02-09
38%
43%

Time for some more leftist moaning! Tongue

Being a moderate, rather than a leftist, there is no way I'd trust the Republicans on economic, fiscal and quality of life issues. To take a robust economy that had generated 23 million jobs and a federal government living well within its means and, radically, changing that trajectory through idiologically-driven whims and follies on the part of Bush the Inept, aided and abetted by a servile party in Congress, only to bequeath an economy haemorrhaging jobs at a rate not seen since the recession of 1981/82 is unforgivable. Given that the trajectory was one of a year on year rise in budget surplus, it was clearly foolish to cut taxes at a time of 1) prosperity and 2) war

In the post-Depression era, Democrats have proven themselves to be the ones who have tended to preside over more robust economic growth and job creation; along with a greater rise across the board rise in prosperity, which is why I'm optimistic moving forward. I'll gladly take this president's pragmatic center-left approach over the last eight years of governance with all the finesse of an idiologically-driven cackhanded inept - complete with the end result to vindicate that!

The fact of life is that the Democratic Party is pragmatically center-left; the Republican Party is dogmatically right-wing. Even in Congress, if there is a pragmatic center-right, it's among Democrats - and much to the exasperation of progressives therein lies the checks and balances from within on President Obama (who is, of course, a mainstream pragmatically center-left Democrat). As far as Bush the Inept, to be fair, goes, however, there were no checks and balances from within the GOP, none whatsoever

The Dem party is "pragmatic"? Hardly. Though of course you got the Blue Dogs but most of them are either populist, like yourself or Clintonistas. There aren't any real Conservative Dems anymore except for a few.

Of course, most conservative Democrats are of a populist hue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Free Trade with Columbia? Not sure I'd support that. I only favor unconditional free trade with First World Nations (i.e. those who have comparable, or better, labor standards, etc). Human rights would be a factor too

Or raise taxes to comply with it? Would Bush have even signed a Statutory Pay-As-You-Go-Act, which is something which would have committed Congress to fiscal responsibility?

FTR, the House recently passed the Statutory Pay as You Go Act of 2009, which should it be passed by the Senate will be signed into law

Democrats aren't in denial when it comes to climate change

Medical Malpractice Reform is something I'd support

That is in the eyes of the beholder

When it comes to cutting taxes has any other president in history showed such blatant favoritism towards the rich?

The time for fiscal restraint, surely, is when the economy is doing well

Tom DeLay? What about Dick Armey, his predecessor as Majority Leader, who when asked about the increasing number of earmarks answered: "To the victor, the spoils"

Incidentally, there are plenty of Republicans, now, who love their "pork"; indeed, they requested 40% of them in the Omnibus Appropriations Act FY 2009. Furthermore, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer noted that Democrats reduced the total number of earmarks last year by 43%

If you think I'll be letting the GOP off the hook so easily, now that they are gone, you can think again

Besides, are the Republicans really committed to fiscal responsibility?

Just watching Gov Bobby Jindal blast Obama following the president's address to Congress was amusing. First, Jindal called for a new pile of tax cuts and then proceeded to warn that Democrats would "saddle future generations with debt". Ahem Roll Eyes Haven't future generations been already saddled with debt precisely because of reckless Republican tax cuts - and spending?

Lets just see what happens with the economy and the deficit moving forward and see whether or not the Democrats succeed in cutting back on spending once the crisis has passed

Well, he was one of the few who did then

I agree in so far that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were just part of the problem.

BTW, since when have Republicans been fervent advocates of regulation? Especially, ones from Texas!
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2009, 07:47:09 PM »

Democrats 36.8%
Republican 33.3%
Independent 29.9%

Congressional Ballot
Date
Dem
GOP

08-02-09
38%
43%

Rasmussen is a partisan hack whose polls suddenly get in line the week before the election.   The push polling he does and his hackery on Fox News should discredit him immediately. 
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2009, 01:33:13 AM by CARLHAYDEN »

Democrats 36.8%
Republican 33.3%
Independent 29.9%

Congressional Ballot
Date
Dem
GOP

08-02-09
38%
43%

Rasmussen is a partisan hack whose polls suddenly get in line the week before the election.   The push polling he does and his hackery on Fox News should discredit him immediately. 

Pollster         Dates                  Number     Type                       Republican Democrat   Independent

Rasmussen    July 01 to 31     15000     Adult                           33            37               30
YouGov          July 26 to 28       1000     Adult                           30            33               25
NPR               July 22 to 26         850     Likely Voters                32          38               29
FOX               July 21 to 22         900     Registered Voters       34            40               28
PPP               July 15 to 16         577     Registered Voters       35            42               23
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2009, 12:38:33 AM »

Rasmussen has a good track record, so it doesn't make much sense to discredit them just because the numbers may be a bit GOP friendly. The Democrats aren't exactly doing a tear up job in power right now, so it is possible the GOP will make gains in 2010.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 06:43:22 PM »

The reactionary dogmatic Republican Party now leads the enlightened pragmatic Democratic Party on healthcare for the first time ever, 44-41

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues

They lead Democrats by six on the economy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 07:37:05 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2009, 07:40:36 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Democrats 36.8%
Republican 33.3%
Independent 29.9%

Congressional Ballot
Date
Dem
GOP

08-09-09
38%
42%

08-02-09
38%
43%

Trust on 10 Key Issues
Democrats
Republicans

Health Care
41%
44%

Economy
40%
46%

Education
38%
41%

Iraq
42%
42%

Nat'l Security
43%
47%

Abortion
36%
46%

Social Security
39%
43%

Taxes
35%
51%

Immigration
35%
43%

Gov't Ethics
34%
31%

Come on and give me that "old familiar cry, piss, and moan".

Bump for the 10 key issues.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2009, 10:33:18 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

In response to Dave Hawks early post. Three times I have tried to post this and it has exceeded the Character limit. So I am posting it with out the Quotes.

1. You might be willing to support Malpractice reform, but the Dem Congress and Obama aren't cause the Trial Lawyers are one of Obama's special interest groups.

2. Your opposition to Drilling for Oil sounds pretty dogmatic to me. The oil will still be used whether it comes from overseas or comes from the US. If we can drill not only for oil but the Three Trillion cubic Feet of Natural Gas we should to increase the Global Supply and help bring prices down. Conservation will not be enough. Even Dems admit that we should just wait for the wind so to speak. What about the middle class that was being squeezed that Obama and Reid were so concerned about. Are there finances going to wait. But don't get me wrong I beleive the Environment should be protected but I beleive it can be done without an Enron wet Dream of Cap and Trade, $5 a Gallon Gas as a matter of policy as some Environmentalist want, and further destruction of the Middle Class. Why not drill for oil, and then use the Royalties and Tax Revenues generated to fund research projects that will actually do something about Global Warming whether real or not and for Conservative Projects like the Mississippi Delta which would also reduce the damage caused by Hurricanes should they hit the area. But of course Dems oppose the Revenue sharing b/c they don't want to encourage states to lift there ban on Offshore drilling. Dogmatic adherence to a questionable environmental theory is causing you to screw the middle class, oppose the creation of high paying jobs, and deprive states of much needed revenue for Environmental projects.

3. Tax Cutting isn't reckless if you plan to role back enough federal spending to cover the cost. You see technically Tax cuts should not be "paid for" because they pay for the Gov't. The Gov't spends the Money first and then raises the taxes to pay for it. Thats how most insiders view the system two. Conservatives however beleive that you have a certain amount of money to go around and you cover the priorities and when you run out of money you don't spend anymore. Now of course there are and should be exemptions like when there is an economic contraction, economic stimulus is a justifiable expense.

4. Yes we still have a lot of porkers in our party.

5. The GOP doesn't have to be fervent regulators to prevent or resolve an obvious problem. After all didn't Bush sign Sarbanes-Oxley to deal with the Enron and other Corporate Scandals. There were opponents from the Republican party of course but it did get passed and the problems dealt with. The same thing could have been done here. Enact needed regulations necessary to fix the problems but make sure they are reasonable and easily enforced since obviously enforcement of existing regulations was lacking. The GOP doesn't want to overregulate which is easy in these times since we have seen that Regulations can often cause problems. Afterall didn't the first real bad corporate scandal, the Penn Central, occur during the height of regulation and yet what happened there was not illegal eventhough they were hiding debts and concealing losses. No one went to jail for it either. Yet over the next 30 years of de-regulation, those things were made illegal or at least more easily enforceable and when Enron happened people were being sent to jail for it. The De-regulation movement didn't cause this problem. People being asleep at the wheel and certain acivities being given carte blanch like the ratings industry, which graded all that junk AAA, are too blame. It just so happens that I ran into this quote today from non other then the second coming of John Maynard Keynes, Paul Krugman, "The crisis hasn't involved problems with deregulated institutions that took new risks... Instead, it involved risks taken by institutions that were never regulated in the first place."

If you thought I had run away you were dead wrong. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2009, 03:53:32 PM »

Democrats 36.8%
Republican 33.3%
Independent 29.9%

Congressional Ballot
Date
Dem
GOP

08-30-09
36%
43%

08-23-09
38%
43%

08-16-09
38%
43%

08-09-09
38%
42%

08-02-09
38%
43%

Trust on 10 Key Issues
Democrats
Republicans

Health Care
41%
44%

Economy
40%
46%

Education
38%
41%

Iraq
42%
42%

Nat'l Security
43%
47%

Abortion
36%
46%

Social Security
39%
43%

Taxes
35%
51%

Immigration
35%
43%

Gov't Ethics
34%
31%

Come on and give me that "old familiar cry, piss, and moan".

Bump for the 10 key issues.

Bump for the rest of the Congressional Ballots.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2009, 03:56:44 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2009, 07:28:24 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

September Polling

Party ID as of Sept 1st
Democrat 37.3%
Republican 32.6%
Independents 30.2%

Congressional Ballot polls
Date
Dem
GOP

09-27-09
40%
42%

09-20-09
38%
42%

09-13-09
40%
41%

09-06-08
37%
44%

Come on my lefties, the patient needs another dose of whinning and moaning. Tongue
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2009, 09:51:43 PM »

September Polling

Party ID as of Sept 1st
Democrat 37.3%
Republican 32.6%
Independents 30.2%

Congressional Ballot polls
Date
Dem
GOP

09-06-08
37%
44%

Come on my lefties, the patient needs another dose of whinning and moaning. Tongue

Just thought I'd add a little more data.

Pollster                    Date          Democrat          Republican           Independent

Edison                Election Day       40                        33                         28

Rasmussen          November        42                        34                         25
                             October           40                        33                         26

Gallup                  November        39                        26                         35
                             October          34                        33                         32

AP                       November        40                        24                          35
                            October           35                       22                          44
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2009, 10:17:32 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2009, 10:25:32 PM by Beet »

Sorry but posting party ID numbers doesn't prove anything, as their substantive results are consistently to the right of a number of other polls. And I mean, sometimes way out of line. Look at the polls of Sotomayor's favorability. Every other pollster had her 20+ favorable while Rasmussen had her net unfavorable by a decisive margin, among their "likely voters". That is just one of many problems with Rasmussen.

Rasmussen polls like a whore, so you'll always be able to spam their polls, but they just aren't credible.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2009, 10:51:29 PM »

Sorry but posting party ID numbers doesn't prove anything, as their substantive results are consistently to the right of a number of other polls. And I mean, sometimes way out of line. Look at the polls of Sotomayor's favorability. Every other pollster had her 20+ favorable while Rasmussen had her net unfavorable by a decisive margin, among their "likely voters". That is just one of many problems with Rasmussen.

Rasmussen polls like a whore, so you'll always be able to spam their polls, but they just aren't credible.

Beet,

Please reread my post.

I compared the numbers relative to the exit poll numbers, which are pretty universally accepted.

Oh, and BTW. Rasmussen's numbers are largely in agreement with those of two Democrat pollsters (see NPR run by Greenberg and PPP).

The other polls you cite are simply wrong.

So, stop hyperventilating and blovinating.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 07:38:02 PM »

Party ID as of October 1st
Democrat 37.5%
Republican 32.1%
Independents 30.4%

Date
Dem
GOP

10-25-09
38%
42%

10-18-09
37%
42%

10-11-09
39%
41%

10-04-09
39%
43%

October 10 key issues.

Issue
Democrats
Republicans

Health Care
40%
46%

Education
38%
43%

Social Security
37%
45%

Taxes
35%
50%

Economy
35%
49%

Abortion
35%
47%

Immigration
33%
40%

Nat'l Security
31%
54%

Iraq
31%
50%

Gov't Ethics
29%
33%

North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 07:41:45 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2009, 01:19:26 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

November Polls

Party ID as of November 2nd
Democrat    37.8%
Republican  31.9%
Independent  30.3%

Congressional Ballot
 Date
Dem
GOP

11-29-09
37%
44%

11-22-09
37%  
44%

11-15-09
38%
44%

11-08-09
37%
43%

11-01-09
38%
42%

Issue
Democrats
Republicans

Health Care
42%
44%

Education
41%
39%

Social Security
41%
41%

Iraq
38%
45%

Abortion
38%
43%

Nat'l Security
37%
50%

Taxes
36%
47%

Economy
36%
48%

Immigration
33%
45%

Gov't Ethics
31%
34%

Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »

Democrats are going to be losing by upper single digits if they fail to pass healthcare reform.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2009, 09:22:54 PM by Ronnie »

Democrats are going to be losing by upper single digits if they fail to pass healthcare reform.

Oh, they'll pass something.  If the current version doesn't get passed, they'll get through a watered down version.

Also, Schumer hinted a nuclear option.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2009, 09:55:09 PM »

This is probably the first thing that I have agreed with you on.  This why they know that they have to pass reform. 
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2009, 01:28:47 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2009, 07:03:53 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee, PPT »

December Polls

Party ID as of December 1st
Democrat       36%
Republican     33.1%
Independent  30.8%

Date
Dem
GOP

12-27-09
38%
43%

12-20-09