What party will the first woman president be from?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:55:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What party will the first woman president be from?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: (Read post first) The first woman elected president is more likely to be a .....
Democrat

Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 75

Author Topic: What party will the first woman president be from?  (Read 16079 times)
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 10:19:48 PM »

Democratic. Women are more likely to be Democrats, and more successful female politicians have been Democratic.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 10:25:35 PM »

I can just imagine some discussion on who would be the first President who wasn't interested in joining a church, taking place around 1830. You can be guaranteed that no one would guess that it would be Abe Lincoln of the Republican party in 1860.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2009, 10:22:49 AM »

Speak for yourself.  Most of the forum community is under 30.

I obviously cannot predict the future, but I do not believe that a woman will be elected President in the time frame I have outlined.

In eighty to ninety years, or about the next fifteen Presidents? Are you insane?

From the time of who is regarded as the first Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Sir Robert Walpole, who became Prime Minister in 1721, it was 258 years before they elected their first woman Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, in 1979.

Mind you, their first woman Prime Minister did become one of the greatest Prime Ministers in the history of the United Kingdom.   
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »

I can just imagine some discussion on who would be the first President who wasn't interested in joining a church, taking place around 1830. You can be guaranteed that no one would guess that it would be Abe Lincoln of the Republican party in 1860.

Although Lincoln may not have formally joined any church, his wife and widow made this statement about her husband's faith, in order to correct and clarify any misconceptions about Lincoln's dedication to Christianity, calling him a true Christian gentleman.

And surely no one knew him better than his wife.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_and_religion

"… As my husband was known to be the most loving and devoted husband & father we will allow these falsehoods a place where they deserve. We all — the whole world have been greatly shocked — at the fearful ideas — Herndon — has advanced regarding Mr. Lincoln's religious views. You, who knew him so well & held so many conversations with him, as far back as twenty years since, know what they were. A man, who never took the name of the Maker in vain, who always read his Bible diligently, who never failed to rely on God's promises & looked upon Him for protection, surely such a man as this, could not have been a disbeliever, or any other than what he was, a true Christian gentleman. No one, but such a man as Herndon could venture — to suggest such an idea. From the time of the death of our little Edward, I believe my husband's heart was directed towards religion & as time passed on - when Mr. Lincoln became elevated to Office - with the care of a great Nation, upon his shoulders - when devastating war was upon us then indeed to my knowledge - did his great heart go up daily, hourly, in prayer to God - for his sustaining power. When too - the overwhelming sorrow came upon us, our beautiful bright angelic boy, Willie was called away from us, to his Heavenly Home, with God's chastising hand upon us - he turned his heart to Christ —

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2009, 11:21:14 AM »

I obviously cannot predict the future, but I do not believe that a woman will be elected President in the time frame I have outlined.

In eighty to ninety years, or about the next fifteen Presidents? Are you insane?

From the time of who is regarded as the first Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Sir Robert Walpole, who became Prime Minister in 1721, it was 258 years before they elected their first woman Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, in 1979.

Mind you, their first woman Prime Minister did become one of the greatest Prime Ministers in the history of the United Kingdom.  

It's not 1721 anymore.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2009, 11:42:04 AM »

I'd like to revoke my statement about Meghan McCain. I'm thinking Kirsten Gillibrand, Stephanie Sandlin, and maybe even Hilda Solis.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2009, 05:32:00 PM by Verily »

Regardless of the absurdity of this statement (are you really comparing the political status of women in the United States in 2009 to Britain in 1947?), the United States would then be due well within our lifetimes anyway, the first US President having been elected in 1783 (which would make the first female President in 2041, having been elected in 2040).
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2009, 06:17:03 PM »

Women didn't get the vote here until 1918 - and not on equal terms with men until the late '20's.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2009, 01:14:41 AM »

To be honest, I always thought that the first black President would be a Republican.  My reasoning behind this was the the Democrats would make to big of a deal out of their first serious black candidates color, and ignore content of message, thus failing to elect.  Well, I got the first two right, at least.

On the opposite side, a black Republican would have to be unquestionably qualified just to survive the nomination process.

I suppose for different reasons I think the first women will be a Republican.  A Democrat woman would likely be tagged with a number of labels that would be hard to shake, and would generally be perceived as too feminist or too weak (or both).

The Republican situation would have to be similar to the one I described above, for the most part.

That's far from a guarantee, though.  Eitherway, Palin is a non-factor, as she has 0% chance of ever being elected.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2009, 10:14:52 PM »

I think the first woman president will be a member of Gen Y. She's probably in college now or just recently graduated. She will either be a Democrat or a moderate Republican, certainly not as conservative as Sarah Palin.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2009, 01:00:58 AM »

I think the first woman president will be a member of Gen Y. She's probably in college now or just recently graduated. She will either be a Democrat or a moderate Republican, certainly not as conservative as Sarah Palin.

most likely
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2009, 12:32:46 PM »

I would say if not in2016. This is the way I see it.

1.) Most likely will not happen.. A women Republican gets the nom and beats Obama
2.) The Republican male beats obama in 2012. In 2016 the Democrats run a women candidate and win.
3.) The Republican lose to Obama in 2012. In 2016 a female Governor runs for the nom wins and wins the election.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies