2040 electoral map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:17:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  2040 electoral map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: 2040 electoral map  (Read 53242 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »

What do you guys think of this map? Actually I think it is quite plausible:

Not bad, actually... maybe DE, RI, and MS will happen...but probably not.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2017, 02:09:09 PM »

I used FiveThirtyEight's demographic calculator to determine what would happen if all blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and college educated whites voted Democratic while all non-college educated whites voted Republican. This is the result.

Seems completely accurate, to be honest.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2017, 02:53:35 PM »

I used FiveThirtyEight's demographic calculator to determine what would happen if all blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and college educated whites voted Democratic while all non-college educated whites voted Republican. This is the result.

All those groups are in the party that they, ya know, actually voted for last election except for one: college educated Whites.  They literally stayed loyal to Republicans in the most likely matchup for them to possibly flip, and now they're considered a part of the future Democratic base, LOL.  Give it up, Atlas.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2017, 04:13:33 PM »

All those groups are in the party that they, ya know, actually voted for last election except for one: college educated Whites.  They literally stayed loyal to Republicans in the most likely matchup for them to possibly flip, and now they're considered a part of the future Democratic base, LOL.  Give it up, Atlas.

I found Non-Swing Voter's incessant harping on this to be annoying as well, but I don't know why it offends you so much. You should check out NYT Upshot's voter analysis based on Census Bureau data and additional polling. Exit polls seem to underestimate Democratic support from college-educated whites:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Those swings are hard to ignore.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2017, 05:50:48 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2017, 05:54:10 PM by Del Tachi »

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2017, 07:27:46 PM »

219: Senator Elise Stefanik(R-NY)/Governor Chrys Kefalas(R-MD)
219: Governor Matt Delligatti(D-WV)/Fmr. Speaker Stephanie Murphy(D-FL)
100: Tossup
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2017, 08:10:55 PM »

Is this for real?!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2017, 10:20:29 PM »

I did this map sometimes ago, representing the Electoral College structure in the 2030-2040 years. The shades doesn't indicate percentages, but the closeness of the state ( light=leaning, average=solid, dark=safe ). This map is in a situation of toss-up election, so you should correct it if you plan to make it a democratic or republican victory.

Ugh yeah, I feel pretty embarrassed. Tongue At the very least, Arizona and Michigan should be reversed.

...and 2 years later, Michigan actually goes to the GOP while AZ becomes a swing State.

Let this be a lesson. Never. Make. Predictions.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2017, 01:49:23 AM »

Is this for real?!

I wanted to use an actual Rep. for Speaker and NY R Senator, and the rest kind of naturally fell into place for me.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2017, 04:50:49 AM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2017, 07:27:27 AM »

I think he knows something we don't and we are all way wrong...but he'll never tell. Smiley
twenty42
United States

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »

To put this in perspective, the 2016 map would have looked quite ridiculous in 1992. VA being a likely D state and WV being one of the most R states in the union would have seemed totally unimaginable 24 years ago. It would have sounded batcrap insane to suggest in 1968 that VT would be a D state in 24 years.

There will likely be a few eventualities in 2040 that we'd never guess today.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2017, 10:15:43 AM »

I found Non-Swing Voter's incessant harping on this to be annoying as well, but I don't know why it offends you so much. You should check out NYT Upshot's voter analysis based on Census Bureau data and additional polling. Exit polls seem to underestimate Democratic support from college-educated whites:

Because for my entire life (and for their party's entire history), Democrats have incessantly harped on their moral superiority - Republicans were the party of the rich, Republicans were the party of racism, Republicans were the party of killing the environment, Republicans were the party that would send your kid to die in a war for their own gain, etc .... I usually roll my eyes at this, but the development I see now - among a very small group of liberals, to be sure - is a ploy to simply gain *all* superiority over their opposition.  They're not just going to be these FFs who protect the modern world from the evils of conservatism, they're simply better (wealthier, smarter, more educated, more worldly, etc.), and bragging about the latter is directly contradictory to the former.  The hypocrisy of being smug about both - and I have no faith that these liberals I've mentioned would be fine with dropping either talking point - is infuriatingly stupid.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »

Because for my entire life (and for their party's entire history), Democrats have incessantly harped on their moral superiority - Republicans were the party of the rich, Republicans were the party of racism, Republicans were the party of killing the environment, Republicans were the party that would send your kid to die in a war for their own gain, etc .... I usually roll my eyes at this, but the development I see now - among a very small group of liberals, to be sure - is a ploy to simply gain *all* superiority over their opposition.  They're not just going to be these FFs who protect the modern world from the evils of conservatism, they're simply better (wealthier, smarter, more educated, more worldly, etc.), and bragging about the latter is directly contradictory to the former.  The hypocrisy of being smug about both - and I have no faith that these liberals I've mentioned would be fine with dropping either talking point - is infuriatingly stupid.
At least we haven't claimed to be more fu ckable than the opposition.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2017, 03:03:09 PM »

Ya know, friend, I made a very distinct effort to not lump all liberals together.  I was very clear that it's a minority of liberals who are acting in this deplorable manner, and I didn't project it onto every Democrat, so kindly extend me the same favor.  I have never claimed conservatives were more "fu ckable" than liberals.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »

Ya know, friend, I made a very distinct effort to not lump all liberals together.  I was very clear that it's a minority of liberals who are acting in this deplorable manner, and I didn't project it onto every Democrat, so kindly extend me the same favor.  I have never claimed conservatives were more "fu ckable" than liberals.

But there was a whole thread about it! It was fun!
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »

Excellent thread, as I will be a candidate in 2040...
My thoughts of a map, under a close scenario...

how did the south being democrat and California republican?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2017, 06:39:11 PM »

Excellent thread, as I will be a candidate in 2040...
My thoughts of a map, under a close scenario...

how did the south being democrat and California republican?
Abortion.
Mayflower1978
Rookie
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2017, 10:03:49 PM »

There's Chance that South would become Democratic again for next 15-20 Years, while Midwest especially Rust Belt States is getting Republican for 5-10 Years.

Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2017, 12:01:56 AM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2017, 10:50:46 AM »

In a neutral race, and if nationalism continues to be a defining force on the right and globalism on the left.

Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Florida, Arizona, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Maine, NE-2, and Minnesota are the new purple states.
tomhguy
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -1.00

« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »

Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2017, 04:11:31 PM »

I don't think that MD will be flipping by then
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2017, 11:54:14 PM »

Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2017, 12:31:12 AM »

In a neutral race, and if nationalism continues to be a defining force on the right and globalism on the left.

This is roughly where I think things are going as well.  but did you mean to have Texas and Georgia in the "likely" shading while Virginia and Colorado are only in the "lean" shading?  That would really surprise me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies