Have any two states voted for the same candidate in every presidential election? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:59:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Have any two states voted for the same candidate in every presidential election? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have any two states voted for the same candidate in every presidential election?  (Read 5664 times)
khirkhib

« on: October 08, 2004, 07:54:10 PM »

That is a more difficult question.  I would say Alabama and Missiissppi are probably the closest.
In 1840 Miss went with the Whigs and Ala the Democrats.

1868 Miss had not yet regained the right to cast EVs though Alabama had.

And in 1960 though John Kennedy actually one the Popular vote in both states. (for named candidates) Miss did not award any EVs and Ala rewarded JFK with 5 EVs the rest of them were left unpledged.

Idaho and Utah have almost always voted together except in 1900 when Utah went Republican and Idaho was for the Democrat.

I counted 6 timees that Conneticut and Rhode Island have gone in different directions.

It would take time to compile a list for everytime everystate but I doubt that their is a pair.  The one that is more likely is if there are two states that have voted differently everysingle election.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies