Catholics whining about Stephen Harper (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:25:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Catholics whining about Stephen Harper (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Catholics whining about Stephen Harper  (Read 3373 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »

One would think Harper would know more about the largest religion in Canada.  He should have politely sat there while those who choose to receive received. 
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 01:00:27 AM »

This happened to me once and I didn't know what the hell to do either. I don't blame the guy.

Curious, Why did you go up in the first place? Many people do not receive.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 08:30:34 PM »

This only proves that:

1. He is ignorant of practice of the largest religion in Canada.  It is daft to put a consecrated host in your pocket.
2.  He is a typically politician who  wanted to fit in.
3.  He was clearly not paying attention at the service.

patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:40:01 AM »

The Catholic Church basically says:

-The Eucharist somehow becomes the actual Body and Blood of Christ.
-They can't explain how, you're just supposed to accept it as some fantastic mystery.
-That's why their church is so awesome, no other church has that.

Really the logic is circular, they basically say you should be Catholic because of something that makes no sense unless you accept Catholic authority to begin with. I consider the whole thing nonsense, so of course I view it as idolatry.

This would be like me saying that my apartment is the best apartment in the world because it's  magical apartment though I can't explain how. But because it is so magical my apartment rules and is superior to every other apartment in the world and if you dispute that, you are committing a grave sin by doubting the amazingness of my apartment.

Oh, I pity your heresy.   To never know the fullness of Christ Jesus as the church fathers and companions of the lord did. To be bereft of a legitimate church and be led by 16th century invention.  Our church and the eastern churches have a strong foundation that is not based on a kings balls or protecting princely title.

Wink
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 04:06:36 AM »

I'm not familiar with Catholic funerals.  Are all attendees expected to partake in communion, Catholic or otherwise?  I know that under normal circumstances it's to be Catholic-only (like pretty much all denominations), but is leeway generally given for events such as this?

Either way, if Harper didn't know what to do, he shouldn't have taken the wafer.
A funeral mass is the same as a regular mass.  No one is "expected" to receive communion-catholic or otherwise.   Before you receive you should be in a holy state.  You should contemplate our lords sacrifice and saving power. No one is checking ID's. You are receiving the lord. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies