Catholics whining about Stephen Harper (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Catholics whining about Stephen Harper (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Catholics whining about Stephen Harper  (Read 3368 times)
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« on: July 11, 2009, 03:11:40 AM »

I'm not familiar with Catholic funerals.  Are all attendees expected to partake in communion, Catholic or otherwise?  I know that under normal circumstances it's to be Catholic-only (like pretty much all denominations), but is leeway generally given for events such as this?

Either way, if Harper didn't know what to do, he shouldn't have taken the wafer.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:56:25 PM »

I'm not familiar with Catholic funerals.  Are all attendees expected to partake in communion, Catholic or otherwise?  I know that under normal circumstances it's to be Catholic-only (like pretty much all denominations), but is leeway generally given for events such as this?

Either way, if Harper didn't know what to do, he shouldn't have taken the wafer.
A funeral mass is the same as a regular mass.  No one is "expected" to receive communion-catholic or otherwise.   Before you receive you should be in a holy state.  You should contemplate our lords sacrifice and saving power. No one is checking ID's. You are receiving the lord. 

Interesting.  I had the impression that Catholics practice closed communion.  I mean, I know that there's no quiz or anything beforehand, but I thought that it was intended for Catholic communicants.

I know that under normal circumstances it's to be Catholic-only (like pretty much all denominations)

Very very false. The program I got the last time I went to church says "We practice open communion, all are welcome to Christ's table." And the vast majority of Protestant churches allow it to all baptized Christians at least, even if not everybody.

Apparently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies