The F-22 voting thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:21:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The F-22 voting thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The F-22 voting thread  (Read 4286 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 09:39:35 PM »

Aye.
Niles Caulder

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 12:13:04 PM »

Don't bill proposals expire without an explicit extention?  Is this really a live bill any more?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2004, 12:37:24 PM »

If a bill is under consideration in one session in the real world, and that session expires, then the bill expires with it. Since the third Congress has expired, then any bills it was considering expire also, including the F22 bill. Senators from the previous session are not allowed to vote on bills in the next session if they were voted out of office, such a system is utterly ridiculous as it allows people who were chucked from office by the voters to be able to continue to discharge the office - clearly this violates the principles of a democracy.

The Attorney General considers that any action in the previous vote is hereby void and that the bill will not be considered constitutional if passed by the Third Congress in this, the Fourth Congress. Of course, the bill may be re-introduced into this Congress.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2004, 01:22:10 PM »

Don't bill proposals expire without an explicit extention?  Is this really a live bill any more?

I didn't think so, but the Senate seemed to disagree so why resist.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2004, 04:37:46 PM »

I wonder why so many weddings are being bombed. Are there really that many getting married???
I hope this doesn't bode ill for the Fritz/Hughento wedding. Smiley
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2004, 07:39:06 PM »

Let's not allow this to drop from the page again, okay?
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2004, 08:15:05 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2004, 09:18:35 AM by Peter Bell »

This Bill needs legislative language:

The F-22 Bill

$4,500 million per year for then next ten years will be allocated to the Department of Defense for the purpose of developing a naval version of the F-22 fighter and to accelerate the development of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.

This bill needs a Senator to adopt it and to take it into the Senate, it then needs to be given debate time by JFK or the VP. This actually came to a vote last time without legislative language, but since Ernest had left his post by then, I'm not at all surprised.

If anything is wrong with the above terminology, I apologise, I'm not good with military jargon (hence me being AG not SecDef). I would also like John Ford to confirm that the spending package I outline is correct, as it is not explicitly clear in his original post.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2004, 09:02:22 PM »

This Bill needs legislative language:

The F-22 Bill

$4,500 million per year for then next ten (??) years will be allocated to the Department of Defense for the purpose of developing a naval version of the F-22 fighter and to accelerate the development of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.

This bill needs a Senator to adopt it and to take it into the Senate, it then needs to be given debate time by JFK or the VP. This actually came to a vote last time without legislative language, but since Ernest had left his post by then, I'm not at all surprised.

If anything is wrong with the above terminology, I apologise, I'm not good with military jargon (hence me being AG not SecDef). I would also like John Ford to confirm that the spending package I outline is correct, as it is not explicitly clear in his original post.

Language is fine.  I hope the Senators don't have to vote over again because of this procedural issue.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2004, 03:29:30 AM »

Language is fine.  I hope the Senators don't have to vote over again because of this procedural issue.

Of course they need to vote over again considering the fact that half of them are out of office now. Votes cannot be carried over into another Congress, which is what nearly happened here. I think there's actually a bill somewhere that got six votes for it, but since the PPT/VP never bothered to close the poll and send it to the President, it actually never passed. This bill had not been heavily voted on before anyway so its not that much of an issue to put it back through.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2004, 04:34:13 PM »

I'll support this bill, when/if it comes to a vote. Does a Senator still need to bring it in?

Siege
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2004, 04:53:44 PM »

I'll support this bill, when/if it comes to a vote. Does a Senator still need to bring it in?

Siege

Yes, could you formally introduce the bill?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies